Gase is done | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

what plays can he call the whole d-line is in backfield immediately cant run,no time to throw farther than 7 yds,our line blows horse ****.Bill Walsh,Don Shula, and Belicheat couldnt call plays for this team.
Those coaches could and did. They didn't always have great talent to work with yet they never gave you an entire season worth of impotence.

They were not great. Run blocking was marginal. But considering the quality of competition and the fact that Cutler can't throw deep and everyone knows it, I thought they acquitted themselves very well tonight. I actually look forward to seeing how Davis and Larsen play out the season.
I thought the pass pro was good. He really only got pressured a couple of times.

I am not souring on Gase mainly because of last year. You don't luck into 10 wins after a 1-4 start. The team was mentally tough last year.

I think the issue this year - beyond the obvious - is he got too cute w some players who no longer have it such as Thomas (though he's been ok the last few weeks) and Bushrod. The bigger issue for me is Tannebaum. We have all the hallmarks of a Tannenbaum run team: overpaid FAs or extensions, washed up veteran FA signings, cap mismanagement, big splash FA signings (though Suh is a great player) and poor trading (sacrificing draft picks - Carroo, Anthony). Can't build a sustainable winner like that.

How about we back a Brinks Truck up to Gruden's house? I still say we need to bring in a guy who has been an NFL Head Coach previously and had previous success.

Gase is safe as anyone in that building

He’s counting the days til 17 is a go is what he’s doing

Gase is safe as anyone in that building

He’s counting the days til 17 is a go is what he’s doing
He’s safe for one more year. No Playoffs next year and he’s gone.

You firing him?

He's here long term.
Yeah what’s long term? This years over and Tanny injury gets a pass for it. But we flop next year with Tannehill I see him gone. It’s my opinion.

Isn’t Carolinas offense ranked bottom 5?

It should be with Newton at the helm, however, Football Outsiders had them at #22 coming into tonight. Obviously, they will be taking a leap forward. Newton is the most overrated phony in the history of the NFL. Nevertheless, when they get Ryan Kalil and Greg Olsen back after their bye, they will be great again; but it will be Shula pulling the strings, even if the media goes ape over Cam again.

Make no mistake whatsoever, the Panther offense is not a talented bunch. A couple good guards and a pro bowl center when 100%, which is almost never, a rookie RB who is a glorified slot receiver, an over the hill power runner, with bad receivers.

Their success is coming from coaching.

considering...the fact that Cutler can't throw deep and everyone knows it, I thought they acquitted themselves very well tonight

come on man...someone gets blown up every single play. jay throws off his back foot all the time cuz hes 34 and has learned getting smashed by denfensive linemen is no way to make a living. cutler is a guy that you have to protect and have him trust it. if you cant do that its a bust. it was a fail to bring him here with such a **** O line and thats on our qb whispering offensive genius head coach.

my problem with this whole season is gase has absolutely zero answers to any of it...

j
oe Schad
@schadjoe

·
28m

Adam Gase: We have to figure out our issues because it’s not getting any easier

joe Schad
@schadjoe

·
26m

Adam Gase: Is it personnel? Is it calls?

oe Schad
@schadjoe

·
25m

Adam Gase said he will not relinquish play-calling. Knew the answer to that one.

here we are going into week 11 and he either really has no clue or wont admit what the problem is. Gase has no answer to any of this. The players look lost, they look like they dont care. It hasnt gotten better through 11 weeks. Still come out flat, still strugglw to move the ball, cant score (no rushing tds going into week 10), cant stop screens, cant cover tight ends, i mean the list goes on and it never changes. I know gase has been dealt a bad hand with injuries n stuff but this isnt nfl level football were getting and its unacceptable.

Remember the Fins offensive coordinator way back. Gary Stevens. What was his famous line?

I can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

This is exactly what Gase is trying to do. Look with your own eyes at the talent level of both teams tonight. It's glaring. The Fins are so bereft of talent it's staggering.

Gase does not get a free pass however as he is not being creative enough to overcome the talent gap.

Remember the Fins offensive coordinator way back. Gary Stevens. What was his famous line?

I can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

This is exactly what Gase is trying to do. Look with your own eyes at the talent level of both teams tonight. It's glaring. The Fins are so bereft of talent it's staggering.

Gase does not get a free pass however as he is not being creative enough to overcome the talent gap.

A good QB masks a LOT of deficiencies on a team. Look how GB and Indy, etc, look once they lost their QBs. There's not a ton of difference talent-wise among most teams in the NFL. It mostly comes down to who has the top QBs and best coaching/schemes. Miami has garbage at QB AND Coaching at the moment..

Back
Top Bottom