Gase Needs to... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Needs to...

Gase is a glorified OC that refused to utilize experienced coaches to help transition. Not sure how much of a qb whisperer he was. Manning was a HOF'er before Gase and the entire Cutler thing in Chic was so over-exaggerated

I don't think Gase is anywhere near the end of his rope in Miami. For better or worse, I think Ross is giving Gase much more flexibility, and is offering much more patience than many here would be offering if they were in Ross' place.

I, for one, think this is a Good Thing.
....and i for one agree with you.

I don't think Gase is anywhere near the end of his rope in Miami. For better or worse, I think Ross is giving Gase much more flexibility, and is offering much more patience than many here would be offering if they were in Ross' place.

I, for one, think this is a Good Thing.

Not even close. Well said

As for the OP, im afraid I gave up at "stop playing music"

Yea Gase better change who he is quick or some fans may want him fired in a year.......again.

Gase is not going anywhere fast but lets pretend a poorly written article threatens that.

The one omission on that list is the firing of Tannenclown! While he is still involved with this organization, they will be stuck in mud.

I could never take anyone's opinion seriously that's never been a coach or attached to NFL coaching at any level. There are way too many arm chair professionals out there. It's not just with sports it extends to all professions.

1. The GMs job and their mistake if a mistake was made
  2. We all talk about that here on the boards, but where is the proof that that's whats being discussed / ordered in the meetings with the big 3?
  3. See #1
  4. Your proffer that this is happening, other than he calls the plays (something other HCs do too)
  5. Oy -- because that's what wins the game
  6. Wait, wasn't #5 all about talking trash to be one of the guys
  7. When: at the Coaches interview, on the sidelines, or in the game review behind closed doors that you don't have any insight into?
  8. Didn't he let players go in the middle of the season last year and TRADE our star running back when he had a enough from him?
  9. Please give examples and look back at your bullet number 5 where you argued for this kind of behavior
  10. See #1
  11. You are confusing hiring people he has an existing working relationship with as a friendship. As an experienced manage with a span of control over 100's of people, if needed to change out over 1/3 of my management team and have everything glued together in 3 or 4 months, you're damned right I would pick people that I know, trust, and know how to work with so I could focus on the changes I want from the people who do the real work. That's just common sense and de-risking the entire exercise. Think about it: what do you want Gase focusing on for the next 3 months: trying to figure out how to work with 8 new superstars (as if there are that many out there) or spending his time installing the plan for less penalties, installing the new/revised playbook, and overall getting the team ready to win?
My thoughts are:
This was a list of superficial observations that's typical on the board. Our team sucked and everyone wants a head on a post. There is a reason that non-head coaches move around every couple of years and seem to pretty much land on their feet with rare exception. Coaching is a 20 hour, 7 day a week job and spending any time working on managing your coaches instead of your players is lost time that can never gotten back.

Yes!!! You pointed out with total accuracy the nonsense the post presented. This is typical of how many of the posters on this board continually maim their own arguments. I wonder how many posters would be willing to take a class on Football coaching 101 if Gase gave it? The results would say a lot about their football interest and intellect.

I'm more worried about the front office personnel. Where is the disconnect between Tannenbaum, Grier and Anthony Hunt? None of us REALLY know who is making the final calls on acquisitions but this team has been horrendous in free agency or pro personnel. My guess (even though he denies it) is that it has to go through Tannenbaum. Hunt is the Director of Pro Personnel. Meanwhile, we see Grier get promoted while Brian Gaine walks and is now the GM in Houston. I'll be watching how he does there in the next few years in comparison to Miami.

Hunt was in college scouting prior to being promoted in 2013 by Jeff Ireland. (I don't remember Ireland being any better in FA).

They made a huge splash in 2015 with the signing of Suh but we way overpaid to get him. I love the way he plays but there are other interior linemen just as good as they are not making that kind of money. He is the only non-QB in the top 15 average salaries in the league. 26 and 28M over the next two years. The contract structure is ridiculous as well. That makes him 2nd highest cap hit in 2018. That's on Tannenbaum. Not to mention, Branch and Kiko contracts.

Then I see other teams making moves for players like Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell. I'd gladly trade Suh for those two as they are making 30M combined. Even Brandon Williams or Damon Harrison at 9 & 10M would give us some more room to work but they continually pass on players like this. Same on the o-line. They would rather pay Pouncey 9 or 10M to sit on IR than to go after some of those interior linemen two years ago who have done quite well. Of course, this is the first year we can get out of his contract. They should start there.

Back
Top Bottom