Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018.

This doesn't preclude the team from drafting a QB, for what it's worth. Even though I think we're probably looking at a backup QB with upside in the draft rather than a potential starter, what Adam Gase is telling you right here is that a rookie isn't going to beat Ryan Tannehill out in training camp.

Which should not be surprising. Multiple Dolphins offensive players who are veterans of multiple systems have said that it's the most complex offense they've ever been a part of. So even if we pull the trigger on say, Baker Mayfield at #11, coming from Oklahoma's offense he's going to spend time on the bench.

and in breaking news: water is wet!

Wetness isn't a property of a liquid, it is a property of an interface. Thus, water alone cannot be wet. However water has a propensity to wet things. It generally has liquid-liquid interactions that are weaker than a lot of solid-liquid interactions which allow it to wet a lot of surfaces. However, there are several surfaces that won't be wetted by water.

This doesn't preclude the team from drafting a QB, for what it's worth. Even though I think we're probably looking at a backup QB with upside in the draft rather than a potential starter, what Adam Gase is telling you right here is that a rookie isn't going to beat Ryan Tannehill out in training camp.

Which should not be surprising. Multiple Dolphins offensive players who are veterans of multiple systems have said that it's the most complex offense they've ever been a part of. So even if we pull the trigger on say, Baker Mayfield at #11, coming from Oklahoma's offense he's going to spend time on the bench.

I have no problem with the Fins drafting a QB.......as long as he can play middle linebacker.

I don't understand why anyone would be against us drafting a QB. I'm a Tannehill supporter but he's 30 and coming back from major surgery but lets just say he doesn't get hurt again. By the time the 2019 rools around it'd have been a long time since he played in a real game. Will he be good right from the start? Will he be rusty? Will he ever get all the way back. I'm not saying we have to draft a QB at 11 but we should draft one at some point

Ozzy rules!!

Still feels like an 7-9 to 9-7 with Tannehill. Don't see hime getting it done. Hope I'm wrong. Wasted a ton of money on the Dolphins this year lol

Clearly, every other team but us....
How many teams have franchise quarterbacks?
In your opinion.
Pats
Steelers
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Ravens
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Cowboys
Redskins (right now)
Giants
Minnesota (maybe three)
Green Bay
Detroit
New Orleans
Carolina
Atlanta

Possible:
San Fran
Tampa
Tennessee
Indy
Chicago

Pats
Steelers
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Ravens
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Cowboys
Redskins (right now)
Giants
Minnesota (maybe three)
Green Bay
Detroit
New Orleans
Carolina
Atlanta

Possible:
San Fran
Tampa
Tennessee
Indy
Chicago
Just curious, what makes those teams qualify as having a franchise QB? And why do you think the Dolphins don't have one with Ryan Tannehill? Cause if those are your examples, then I don't see how you can claim Tannehill isn't a franchise QB.

I think most of them have had above average QB play during the time their QB has been with them. I have only seen one half of an above average season from Tannehill. Can he give us more? Maybe, but I haven't seen it yet.

Pats
Steelers
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Ravens
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Cowboys
Redskins (right now)
Giants
Minnesota (maybe three)
Green Bay
Detroit
New Orleans
Carolina
Atlanta

Possible:
San Fran
Tampa
Tennessee
Indy
Chicago

Interesting list. IMO, Tannehill is as good as or better than more than half of those.

Back
Top Bottom