Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018.

I'll take people who haven't seen Joe Flacco play football since his (admittedly incredible) Super Bowl run for $1,000, Alex.

But seriously though, I honestly do think people are reading too much into this. This doesn't mean the team isn't going to look at quarterback options, it means the coach is pretty realistic about the fact that #17 is going to win the camp competition.

Last edited:
I don't see Gase going anywhere in the next several years. This year he had an excuse, and we all know Ross will always keep someone longer than he should. The only way Gase is gone early is if Jim Harbaugh says he wants to coach again in the NFL. Then Ross would make a move.

He has more than one excuse: hurricane changes schedule, no bye week, only 7 home games, starting QB went down, and significantly tougher schedule. They are all excuses, but any fair owner would wipe the slate for this year.

If the Chiefs release Alex Smith I'd sign him and cut Tannehill and not think twice about it. But other than that, there aren't better options and you're not going to convince me it's smart to draft a first round quarterback this year. There isn't a home run quarterback prospect coming out this year anyway

Is this a surprise? Hopefully we still draft a guy.

If the Chiefs release Alex Smith I'd sign him and cut Tannehill and not think twice about it. But other than that, there aren't better options and you're not going to convince me it's smart to draft a first round quarterback this year. There isn't a home run quarterback prospect coming out this year anyway

No thanks. Alex Smith is a pretty decent quarterback, but he ain't gonna throw 59 yard on a rope touchdowns to Kenny Stills while being chopped in the throat.

Jesus, the only two QBs that would be more polarizing on this board than Tannehill are Smith and Dalton, and I like Smith. I just like Tannehill more.

The one QB I'd draft is Allen who I believe will be the best QB of this class and he might just be there at 11. If he's there and we don't want him then we will get several teams calling with offers for that pick

Ozzy rules!!

I agree, Gase could be far more succssful when it's all over for him in 25 to 30 years .
I'll take the over on Gase winning zero playoff games in his next thirteen years, so he should finish ahead of Lewis in that respect.

2x acl?

sounds like you're stretching the truth to make a bad point.
Actually it was noted on radio a few days ago that people mistakenly think that Tannehill and one ACL and a re-injury. The first ACL healed and then he got a second tear. By all accounts he had two torn ACLs. We can argue to no end if a surgery would have made it stronger or not but he went through all the tests and the initial ACL was deemed as healed.

That Tannehill is the starter next year is pretty clear. No matter where one stands his contract alone makes him the starter. The questions are:
a) will he mentally absorb the fact that his ACL ruptured twice and the last time with no contact. As a mobile QB if you hesitate or change your mobility in any way it would take away from your ability to successfully lead an offense
b) we don't know how Tannehill's ACL will hold up. One wrong step. Get hung up in the turf. One wrong turn. One turn to sharp. Having had two tears will probably leave the ACL weakened. Unfortunately none of us has the inside and knows what it looks like in his knees.

Jesus, the only two QBs that would be more polarizing on this board than Tannehill are Smith and Dalton, and I like Smith. I just like Tannehill more.

Dalton wouldn't be polarizing. 1 or 2 people would like him, the rest would hate him.

Back
Top Bottom