Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018.

He may be but he hasn't shown a full season of it yet. List which QB's from that list that Tannehill has been more successful than.

If you are talking about W/L, playoffs, etc., it is impossible to separate the QB from the rest of the team. They don't have a QB competition. There are numerous threads debating that topic. I won't continue it here as well. Just one example though, Joe Flacco won a SB. IMO, Tannehill is a much better QB than him.

I’d pick a QB up in the later rounds, and wait until 2020 when Jake Fromm declares for the draft. That kids going to be great.

This quarterback class is deep enough that there is going to be value mid-round. You certainly can hedge your bets on drafting a QB, but why look at possibly reaching at #11 in the first round for one? In the mid rounds guys like Jarrett Stidham and Riley Ferguson definitely have upsides worth looking at. It's noteworthy that Ferguson outplayed Rosen head-to-head when Memphis played UCLA and that in the last two games of the year against stiff competition -- albeit ending in losses to UCF and Iowa State -- Ferguson was 51 of 75 for 757 yards with 6 touchdowns and just 1 interception.

If you are talking about W/L, playoffs, etc., it is impossible to separate the QB from the rest of the team. They don't have a QB competition. There are numerous threads debating that topic. I won't continue it here as well. Just one example though, Joe Flacco won a SB. IMO, Tannehill is a much better QB than him.
Oh god no....I'd take Joe Flacc over Tannehill twice on Sundays. In the given moments, Tannehill shows up sometimes, but rarely lol. Flacco overall is just better, and it's clear asf.

Maybe now you might, but overall, who has proven more as a QB?

I’d pick a QB up in the later rounds, and wait until 2020 when Jake Fromm declares for the draft. That kids going to be great.
Great minds think alike in terms of picking a QB in later rounds. If Ferguson is still on the board in the fourth -- where we have two picks -- I go after him.

Pats
Steelers - Rapeberger on his last leg
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Ravens - Stuck in a bad contract with Flacco
Chiefs - Why draft Mahomes if Smith is the guy?
Raiders
Chargers - Rivers at twilight of career
Cowboys
Redskins (right now) - Cousins doesn’t count.
Giants - Manning is gone soon.
Minnesota (maybe three)
Green Bay
Detroit
New Orleans
Carolina
Atlanta

Possible:
San Fran
Tampa
Tennessee
Indy
Chicago

All of the possibilities should also include Tannehill at worst.

Back
Top Bottom