Gase: "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years"

Maybe what he's saying is we need a new offensive guru and maybe somebody better calling the plays.

Would help to not constantly be behind the sticks. Especially when the playcalling is always in front of the sticks. Maybe stop being so predictable. Running on 2nd and 10 after an incomplete pass on 1st down. Everyone sees that coming.

Find guys that want to be here...
Timmons... Maxwell... Julius..
who is he talking about

I'd love to know what replacements might be in store on the offense. Clearly a spot or 2 on the OL has to be considered, but after that, who? Only thing I can think of is if he has begun to lose faith in Thomas at TE. I don't watch close enough to see if he's a solid blocker, but I know Fasano and Gray? are (or have heard this). I can't see him doing anything with the skill spots at this time unless there's something I'm not seeing. Stills maybe? Just wondering out loud, not proclaiming anything here.

So you think Cutler is the only problem here? I'm just not sure Moore would do any better with the o-line being pushed back all day long. So many people saying our o-line would be so much better but the only new face really is Steen instead of Albert

Ozzy rules!!

Laremy Tunsil continues to struggle back at left tackle and had another poor game (49.5), 47th for all tackles in Week 3
Through 2 games, Tunsil has an overall grade of 45.6, a pass-blocking grade of 43.7 and run-blocking grade of 50.1

James has allowed just one QB hurry in 85 pass-blocking snaps ; overall grade of 84.7 ranks 6th for all tackles in the league #FinsUp

Offensive bright spot - RT Ja'Wuan James (80.6) was the highest-graded offensive player for the second straight week

TE Julius Thomas ranks 65th out of 68 qualifying tight ends with a run-blocking grade of 37.4 this season

For the season, Suh ranks second of all interior DL in overall grade (91.3) and run-defense grade (92.2)

Wake bounced back from a poor season opener to earn a grade of 86.4; he recored a sack, hit, two hurries & four stops

For the season, Maxwell's ovr grade of 38.8 ranks 97th of 108 qualifying CBs; Howard's grade of 40.9 ranks 91st

After just 13 snaps in Week 2, LB Chase Allen played 28 in Week 3 & his 7 tackles and 4 stops each tied for the team lead

Rookie DT Vincent Taylor played 29 snaps after just 3 in Week 2; he earned a grade of 80.2, 19th-highest of all DI

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not sure what he can do. But to me its been clear he spends too much time hiding his QBs. He plays it not to lose instead of playing to win
Exactly. Watching Dolphins games would make one think our HC is a defensive mastermind when it's supposed to be the other way around. It's puzzling how vanilla and conservative the playcalling has been.

Sean McVay.... Now there's an offensive HC who is doing it right.

James has allowed just one QB hurry in 85 pass-blocking snaps ; overall grade of 84.7 ranks 6th for all tackles in the league #FinsUp
how did he do in the run game? It looked to me that each time they tried running right Ajayi was getting hit behind the LOS

Ozzy rules!!

This is what Adam Gase had to say about his offense today at his press conference. I'll update when the video becomes available.

He also said, "There is a good chance there will be changes to the starting lineup, we will find players that want to play the right way."

Can't cut and replace the whole team in one year. At least he realizes it and admits it. He doesn't sugar coat the BS like so many of our past coaches did thinking we wouldn't notice. I think they are bringing in his type players and he's trying to work with the hot mess (and stay somewhat competitive) that has resulted from the past 7-8 years of terrible drafting. These vet signings are nothing more than stopgaps until he can draft the replacements. I have more faith in him than I ever had in the past 3 put together.

Back
Top Bottom