Gase says he will never give up play calling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase says he will never give up play calling

There's a rumor floating that he already did hand play-calling duties off to someone else, and that he's simply taking the heat for it.

Good luck getting to the bottom of that, though.

You like his play calling?

I don't speak for him, but I think the play calling has been fine. We're averaging like 6 yards per carry after changing running backs and there are open receivers.

We score touchdowns like every single time in the red zone. You tell me, is play-calling the problem?

He might have cbristenson in his ear giving him a group of 5 plays by down and distance and personnel grouping to choose from to take that off his plate and allow him to talk to his qb more but he’s calling in the plays

Likely gives cutler a run pass option to choose from based on what the d shows.

Doesn’t have the same audible check freedom as tannehill but that’s to be expected being here 3 months. Slowly gives him a little more.

He’s showing good pre snap control of empty sets.

Something that Matt Moore can’t do

I think his play calling has been a mixed bag of good and bad, but I think the bigger problem right now is execution, I think he's still growing as a play caller (although a 4th and 1 run up the middle was pretty brutal), and I can see why he doesn't want to give it up. If only we could have some consistency on the offensive side of the ball let alone all 3 phases of the game.....

Very good news.

Having a high school level qb might help the playcalling look better

There’d be less run pass option if we were working more from under center 5 and 7 step drop...something we did with tanny and took shots off of

But this qb won’t stand in on deep drops and let plays develop.

So we are in 3 step from center and shotgun both of which ask for the ball to come out quick

That 5 and 7 step pa and vertical shots aspect is probably what we are missing most with tannehill in terms of offensive concepts

It’s no where to be found...

3 step is mostly vertically back shoulder and red zone fade

People slagging on the play calling atre typically the same people who want us to sling it deep.

Go back and look at every 15+ yard pass Cutler has thrown this season and tell me you really want us slinging it deep more.
Not sure i want him slinging anything, grounders and airballs are hard to handle on a reg basis.

Back
Top Bottom