Gase Should Go Back to the Beginning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Should Go Back to the Beginning

AJ Duhe

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I went searching for this article from last year. This is a snippet of Gase talking about his system during minicamp April 2016:

“I think it’s such a combination of so many different influences and for myself having [offensive coordinator] Clyde [Christensen] here, and just getting back to some of the things that he did in Indy early on with Peyton [Manning] and [Colts offensive coordinator] Tom Moore, and then some of the things he’s learned in the West Coast,” Gase said.
“My influences coming from Martz and doing what we did in Denver and kind of developing a different deal in Chicago, so it’s just so many things combined it’s hard to put your thumb on what exactly it is." "I just know that we just look to kind of be able adapt from week to week and do what’s best for that game that marries up with our defense and special teams.”

Does anyone see adaptation in our first 3 games? The gameplan for each opponent appears to be largely the same. Gase doesn't even appear to be trying to exploit individual matchups. Maybe he's keeping things very vanilla for Cutler's benefit and that's handcuffing the offense. If that's the case, he needs to revisit the decision to start Cutler over Moore.

This is the exact issue we bought. He didn't do crap with Manning. Manning was already a legend. And we all were fooled about 2015 wth Cutler, when in fact they were in the 20's in offense. He is over his head.

Im not a Gase fan but im hoping he pulls through. Tired of changing coaches every time. Only 1 coach I want is Jim Harbaugh. Not going to happen. Well not any time soon anyway. We took Philbin cause Rodgers made him look good and then we take Gase and Manning made him look good. We will never learn.

Back
Top Bottom