Gase told us....this was all coming. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase told us....this was all coming.

6-10 will be a miracle.

Zero respect for coaches that don't take full responsibility and blame players. Even if he only had one week to coach them. It's on the coaches and upper management.
Gase took a lot of blame but at some point the overpriced players have to do their jobs. It's not all on Gase.

This forum hates Pouncey but Gase doesn't.......... Pouncey stays.

Give Gase credit. His management of Pouncey’s time at practice and on the field last year kept him upright for the season. I hope that was the year he needed to fully heal this offseason.

Gase is managing his team the same way Philbin did and that's not good enough. It's not good coaching to not be able to get your talent in line. When you make the playoffs in your first year, great job, but you are doing it with someone else's guys. Gase has jettisoned a ton of talent in two years because his player management apparently isn't good enough to keep players in line who are disappointed by his mismanagement of the QB position, predictable play calling, etc. Teams like NE and Pitt are good every year because they can manage talent and players buy in.

We all wanted to believe in Gase after he rode a running back he buried for the first quarter of the season to a playoff berth. But it's clear that like a lot of smart coaches who can't actually manage people, he's just second rate as a head coach and will have a limited lifespan, regardless of how good his system is. We have a name for guys who have a good system but can't manage their players well. It's called a coordinator.

Wonderful post. It actually gave me a glimmer of hope that there a plan and Gase is just weeding out those individuals who do not want to follow it and are disruptive.
I hope it works.

Pouncey is a real team player and a very important member of the locker room. If you accidentally shot somebody, he's the first friend you'd call to come help you bury the body.

MODS please bring back the FH Post of the Day feature! I need it for this.

Guys have been posting up on these boards that Gase is now building his offense/his team. They're right. But Gase has been doing that since he got here. What he is doing now is scorched earth. He is creating his own "Patriot Way" in South Beach. Gaseway or highway. He is done compromising and done being the fun player's coach. He knows if the trends continue he will lose his HC job. It's almost as if he is taking this personal. If players don't take his message to heart and do their jobs, it is HIS JOB they are messing with. That's insulting to him. Big name or not, he will shut that crap down and ship you out. And whether you agree with his moves or not, Gase has told us change is coming. He knows that change will upset the fan base. He's flat out said it. But Gase is swinging now. I really don't think TBaum is as much of a factor in these dealings as our fan base is suggesting. Gase is fighting for his job and he will not let certain players get in the way. Ajayi, Timmons and Landry were on Gase's cross off list. No doubt about it. Suh...I really do believe Gase favored Suh and his consistent force on defense. This might truly be a cap casualty that Gase required to add other pieces he needs. He is thinking big picture.

Gase wants to win. His ego is wrapped up in his offenses. His offenses played like "garbage" and he knows a bum offense is a reflection upon him. He is pushing back. Former Broncos players have said he is not the same fun loving guy that he was before. A potential positive in all of this is that perhaps Gase will finally start to get the players that he NEEDS for his offense to be effective. Clearly it is personnel specific. As much as he says he adapts his offense to fit players, the track record says that doesn't work for him. Specific players have to fit his specific offense.

A potential negative outcome to all of this...the enemy becomes his own team. Part of us like his no nonsense, calling his own players out in public and holding them accountable approach. The other part knows that can be hurtful to the locker room. If Gase is taking all of this personal, then his fun loving or "players coach" attitude that won him over with so many players in his past might be gone. If so, I think his success will fade away as well. He is going to have to find that balance of keeping it fun for his men, but holding them to the highest standards. A feat few coaches master. But if he continues his scorched earth mentality into 2018, I believe he will start to lose the men he is trying to lead, even the" good ones." Here's hoping for the balance.

As for the writing on the wall and Gase putting us and the players on notice:

September 25, 2017

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ick-of-garbage-offense-and-will-make-changes/

“That’s more mental errors than we’ve had the last two years,” Gase said of Sunday’s punishing loss at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. “I’ll find the guys that want to do it right and those are the guys that are going to play.”

“I’m upset about the way our offense played. I’m tired of watching for two years this garbage…We’ll make the proper adjustments, probably make some changes. We’ll figure out what we’ve got to do and get that thing rolling. I’ve been watching it for two years and it hasn’t worked.”

October 28, 2017
https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/1...d-of-this-im-tired-of-the-offense-being-awful

“I’m pissed. I’m tired of this. I’m tired of the offense being awful,” Gase said during his Saturday press conference. “Guys need to get their heads right. The coaching staff needs to do a better job because obviously our players not knowing is a direct reflection on them.”

“I don’t think it’s a retain information thing,” he replied. “It’s we’re not putting the work in. That’s what it comes down to. If you can’t remember it, you shouldn’t be in the NFL. At the end of the day, guys have got to actually take this stuff home and study it. They’re not going to just learn it all in meetings. We’ve got to find guys that will actually put forth effort to actually remember this stuff and really, it starts with our best players.”

In simplifying the offense, Gase admitted that it is too predictable, “Oh, it is. Definitely. One-hundred percent.” He then added, “We’re going to have to figure something out. We’ve got to kind of figure out really what’s best for us to do, how we really want to approach it; or I guess I’ve got to figure it out. I’ll look into it, but I’m done compromising with anybody. I’ll do what I think is best and those that want to come on board, great. Those that don’t, we’ll get rid of them.”

“We’ve got to stop trying to hit home runs all the time,” he said. “How about take the 4 or 5 yards that we’re going to get? It comes down to everybody doing their job. If we actually start doing that, it might help. It’s on the running back (Ajayi). Do your job. That’s what you’ve got to do. It’s not hard.”

“Yes, I’ve been addressing this for a while, so I’m kind of fed up with it.

“When we win, what happens is everybody brushes it under the rug and just tells everybody how great they are, and then I’m just an *******. Well, that’s what happens when you lose 40-0. Now all of a sudden, all of those little things become an issue, that we’ve been talking about. When you win and you address them and guys just think, ‘Oh, he just wants to fix something.’ Okay, well we’ve been embarrassed three times in three losses, so maybe at some point, what we’re saying might make some sense.”

“I wouldn’t say I’m tempted to do anything. I’m going to play the guys that know what to do. The fan base might not like it, but oh well. We’re the worst offense in football. It’s hard to go lower than that.”

January 3, 2018
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-landry-ejection-as-embarrassing-as-ive-seen/

“This last game was probably the pinnacle of what I’ve ever seen with him (Landry) during a game,” Gase said, via ESPN.com. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen it get to a level where it was extremely bad. But the last game was about as embarrassing as I’ve seen in a long time. It was something we can’t have happen.”
Great post brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed that Gase is selectively starting to bringing back some of our own FA's. This seems to be in keeping with re-establishing a team as opposed to weeding out just a few individuals. We are letting a lot of people go, not just a few self inflated hero's.

I can appreciate his desire to obtain buy in; especially from his producers like Landry. However, Gase missed his opportunity earlier in the year. His frustrations with Landry may not have gotten to that level had he done something sooner. Instead, he danced around the issue: accountability. He failed to set the proper expectations. He accepted mediocrity and allowed his producers to accept it too. The "leaders" acted out and their actions looked like immaturity instead of a desire to win.

Gase, may be righting the ship, but the personnel decisions being made, while spending the same money anyway, doesn’t make this team better. The talent isn’t there. More importantly, he can’t expect guys to buy into this just because they bought into their previous regimes culture. The “plug and play” guy hardly ever works out. They bring baggage and they question everything because they want to do what brought them success in the past. Change is hard for people to embrace and Gase will find it more difficult to reprogram guys set in their ways than young guys he can mold.

Accumulate picks year after year so you can build through the draft, resign those who buy in and are on their 2nd contract (still young) even if it means overpaying a little, get FAs in their 2nd contract who are reliable, durable and productive. Can’t build a stable organization if the almost 29 year old comes in and is gone after 2-3 years.

I actually think what he is doing is more good than bad. Suh was a great player but he was never a reason we would win a game. Landry was asking way to much. Besides that he is taking a page from the Pats. My way or get out. Thats how it should be. Hopefully it helps this season but its more long term. I just hope we start to draft better.

Back
Top Bottom