Gase's Future With the Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Future With the Team

Will Gase be the Head Coach Two Years from Today?

• Total voters
I think he will. We need to stop the churning. IMO, it will advantageous to keep our players in the same system as long as we can. Of course there will be tweaks from year to year, but if our guys know the playbook inside and out then it should help us eventually play better on offense. It also should help any new guys we sign or draft contribute faster.

I voted Yes. If we make the playoffs (very doubtful) and/or finish at or above .500, Gase will remain HC.

IMHO.

I think Gase is sticking around just because of the prospects: With Tannehill back in the lineup next year it should help the offense a lot. He works well with Gase and managing the O, and can make the offense start clicking.
A good draft can hopefully patch up some of the protection problems.

Bringing in a new coach just cuz you're having an ugly season where (shock!) your 1st string QB has been out, seems hasty.

Barring a total meltdown yea

Hell at least get a full year w Tanne and lord knows he’s gonna get his 9/10+ wins

Team 4-3 after...

Losing the starting QB
The worst travel schedule in the NFL (more travel miles then most teams will have all year)
O-line coach doing coke
Losing the second QB
Losing starting offensive lineman
A ****ing Hurricane causing the team to be displaced for a week and losing the team bye week.

and you are discussing firing him...da **** is wrong with this fanbase?

crazy-talk.gif

Still don't understand how nobody in the organization can't tell Foerster was doing blow... in the video half the powder kept falling out. There had to have been times when he still had leftovers in his nostrils.

Team 4-3 after...

Losing the starting QB
The worst travel schedule in the NFL (more travel miles then most teams will have all year)
O-line coach doing coke
Losing the second QB
Losing starting offensive lineman
A ****ing Hurricane causing the team to be displaced for a week and losing the team bye week.

and you are discussing firing him...da **** is wrong with this fanbase?

crazy-talk.gif
We have the worst offense in the league and the 2nd worst point spread in the league and we are still in it at 4-3, On top of it all, we are getting Larsen back this week and Mcdonald back next week. I could honestly see us going on a bit of a run here. Look for a lot of play action passes and 3 step drops tonight to get the offense back on track.

IDK...Have you guys seen our putrid offense? You can't blame all that stinkiness on the QB. Even teams with rookie QBs have looked better than our offense (EX. Houston for one). Some of that has to be on the head coach aka QB Guru, who went and got his guy after Tanny went down.

IDK...Have you guys seen our putrid offense? You can't blame all that stinkiness on the QB. Even teams with rookie QBs have looked better than our offense (EX. Houston for one). Some of that has to be on the head coach aka QB Guru, who went and got his guy after Tanny went down.
It wasn't his guy, his guy went down with a knee injury. We were shopping for a starting QB on the free-agent market in August, the selection is quite limited. You are going to see a different game tonight. He is done simplifying the playbook to help some of the starters out, it will be a different game tonight. I am quite excited about it to be honest.

I want to see the offense we saw vs the Patriots in game 2 last season.

I don't think I'm gonna see it, but I want to see it.

I voted No but not because I dont like Gase...Its just that the same coach for more than a few years in Miami has been rare as of late so the odds are against it happening with him.

It wasn't his guy, his guy went down with a knee injury. We were shopping for a starting QB on the free-agent market in August, the selection is quite limited. You are going to see a different game tonight. He is done simplifying the playbook to help some of the starters out, it will be a different game tonight. I am quite excited about it to be honest.
I am sooo hoping you're right!!!

Yes. Even if he does badly he'll still probably be here because Ross doesn't fire people quickly.

And unfortunately for us so will Tannenbum. :mad:

Interesting question. Gase is all but guaranteed to be our coach opening 2018. It would be his choice to leave. We won't dump him prior to that.

So if you give him opening 2018 as our head coach you basically have to handicap whether he'll make it through that season intact and in good standing and still wanting to be here. If so, then it's very likely he would still be our head coach midway through 2019, which is the question proposed here. Very, very few NFL head coaches are dumped before mid November.

It's basically a one-year variable, not two years. Spotlight on the entirety of the 2018 season.

I'll say yes...Gase does well enough in 2018 to remain. It actually works in his favor if the Dolphins win 7 games or fewer this season, because that 3+ game drop from 10 wins to 7 minus would trigger a likely uptick the following season.

Back
Top Bottom