Gase’s message to coaches; You won’t believe what some guy told Dolphins’ offensive coordinator Rea | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase’s message to coaches; You won’t believe what some guy told Dolphins’ offensive coordinator Rea

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...jackson/article182309696.html?anf=TOP_STORIES

Clyde%20Christensen

Christensen shared this amusing anecdote of something that happened to him in the wake of the 40-0 debacle in Baltimore:

"I walked down the Hollywood Boardwalk and some guy made a comment I’m moving slow, kind of like the Dolphins."

He called the loss to Baltimore a "beat down. It’s unacceptable It is no fun. All my girls check in and make sure I am OK. It was beat down."

I am hoping we can put this game behind us and come out with a team victory.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...e182309696.html?anf=TOP_STORIES#storylink=cpy

Didn't we go back to fundamentals already?
Or was that back to basics?

Not sure why the hate for Christensen. But I also believe his job is unclear to me. He doesn't call the plays but he is involved in game planning to find the opponent's weaknesses. This offense is very predictable and he deserves some of the blame but not ALL of it.

From what I've heard and read, Clyde has been responsible for righting the offensive ship on more than one occasion.

He doesn't call the plays but he is involved in game planning to find the opponent's weaknesses.

There seriously does not appear to be Any of that going on at all. It's pretty obvious that we are going into games with our gameplan/strategy regardless of what the opposing team does rather than us putting together a gameplan based on what the other team does. To me it's stupid, hell even when I coached youth football we tried to attack the other teams weakness, but we don't appear to be doing that at all. It's evident by us continuously running into a stacked box on 1st down, and then 2nd and long, then all of the short passes vs a stacked box, and single coverages on 3rd and long.

I like the fact that Gase has put more responsibility on his coaching staff, if the players don't execute then it's on his coordinators which in turn is on him.
Start holding everyone accountable Gase including yourself.....that's the good news.
The bad news......isn't that the way it should be on any team? Aren't coordinators held accountable for the team's play?

It's to the point where a quality defense can just push Miami around at the point of attack.

The team made a serious miscalculation with Pouncey's ability to bounce back from the hip injury and going on the cheap to sign guards. Larsen's injury didn't help and Tunsil's play has been disappointing at LT which was unexpected. The Dolphins have to go to quick drops in the passing game because otherwise the quarterback is going to be killed. There are no running lanes.

With all the holes on defense, I understand the emphasis there. The front office made some great moves on that side of the ball.

As to the offense, it's clearly personnel IMO. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the team moved on from Christensen.

Had no idea:

Rizzi confirmed that defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is the backup kicker if something were to sideline kicker Cody Parkey during a game.

Rizzi said the Dolphins try to get Suh a couple of kicks a week in practice and that his range extends to 35 to 45 yards.

After reading this I'll walk back on my comments on Christensen......it seems his role is mostly as an "adviser" at best.....and a nursemaid to Gase at worst :

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...christensens-role-in-fixing-dolphins-offense/

"He said today is job is to advise Gase and make things easier for him"....... "It’s the same as it’s always been, just to be a complement to him. It’s his show and I’m just dancing in it."...."I do think that probably one of my responsibilities would be just to be a soothing voice, if you will, that you can’t get frustrated." -

Really??....that's his primary duties and why he's there as OC???

It also confirms in my mind that Gase is a control freak who can't or won't let others take the reins or have a considerable say in how to playcall.

After reading this I'll walk back on my comments on Christensen......it seems his role is mostly as an "adviser" at best.....and a nursemaid to Gase at worst :

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...christensens-role-in-fixing-dolphins-offense/

"He said today is job is to advise Gase and make things easier for him"....... "It’s the same as it’s always been, just to be a complement to him. It’s his show and I’m just dancing in it."...."I do think that probably one of my responsibilities would be just to be a soothing voice, if you will, that you can’t get frustrated." -

Really??....that's the primary duty and why you have an OC???

It also confirms in my mind that Gase is a control freak who can't or won't let others take the reins or have a considerable say in how to playcall.
Clyde is Silvio Dante. He's Tom Hagen. He's the consigliere.

Back
Top Bottom