Gases play calling is dysrhythmic !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BESS4LAST, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BESS4LAST

BESS4LAST AFC EAST CHAMPS

first off remove all wildcat plays, screen plays, misdirections, bootlegs, qb keepers and stick to run run pass sequence and 3 step drops that's how we win Defense proved they can hold any team under 20 pts just avg 21 and we will win most games

2. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

It is terrible! Start moving ball call wildcat. Where have we seen that **** before?

SCLSU Mud Dogs and AZStryker like this.
  3. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Kill the Wildcat!!

4. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

I tired of seeing Gase get called out when the only difference on the team is QB.

Cutler isn't good so he has to call plays that he can run. This is the same offense we were all excited to see Tannehill in again this season. Gase didn't regress in playcalling, and there was plays to be made if people did their job. It's just the qb is inconsistent as **** right now. OL is baaaad too.

5. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Gase needs to trust the running game more. I thought he learned that lesson from last season. This teams offense starts to click off the running game. You gotta stick with it Gase even when you get a few losses in there.

6. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

As son as I saw the wild cat I knew it didn't matter as the drive was now dad. Sure enough, the play went for no gain, then the predictable 2nd and long run, then routes behind the sticks. I bet most fans saw that coming too!

7. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Gase play calling should be burned. It's like Peewee football

evo8904 likes this.
  8. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

OL and QB play bad? Wasn’t 17 excused by bad OL play? Somehow know its the QB?

NYinBostonFin likes this.
  9. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

The offensive line is at a level similar to 1-4 last season . . . hell maybe even worse. You can put money that Moore and Tannehill would of taken at least 5 sacks today. It is pretty remarkable how Jay was able to navigate traffic at times.

The play at LT is as bad as we've seen, and that is saying something. At least with Albert and Jake Long, you could feel somewhat comfortable and just worry about whats in front of you.

Now maybe they all are suffering major depression that 17 went down, I dunno, but that group is terrible and it looks all mental. Gase needs to get it fixed or his offense will never take off.

MadDog 88 likes this.
  10. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

yea -- has baby tuna invaded gase's mind?

get the national inquirer on it!

11. ShorePhin

ShorePhin A True Fan

Gotta say the offense is the same when Tanne ran it and when Moore ran it and those guys where in constant mortal danger because the line was occupied by invalids, but they managed to get TD's and Tanne was on the edge of crossing the line into the next level. The line may actually slightly better but not much but still this ridiculous, they cant even get the base offense going let alone something that has a wrinkle in it

12. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

Seems like he's reaching out in a act of desperation which is concerning.

13. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

The offense should not need to be "dummed down" for the guy gase hand picked. You are right, his play calling hasn't regressed, it as bland and mediocre it was last year. Tannehill just executed it far better than Cutler. If you rewatch last years games, you see a lot of similarities that are for the most part very depressing. Gase is also sticking with Cutler and it'll cost him the locker room as this team just does not respond to his zero emotion brand of "leadership" everyone sees this except Adam Gase.

joenhre and Sherif like this.
  14. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

Cutler doesnt give a ****... And Im not saying that because of how he acts, Im saying that because how he throws the football...

joenhre likes this.
  15. flynryan15

Give me a break Gase through week 6 last year stunk calling plays. 17 had a horrid start to the season too when the play calling stunk.

NYinBostonFin and AZStryker like this.
  16. flynryan15

You mean like the passes dropped by Grant, Landryx2, Thomasx2, Stills and Grey? He only hit them in the hands. Would you like him to catch it too? Funny how everyone crucified any player that dropped a ball for Tannehill, but a drop on a Cutler throw is on Cutler.

17. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

I agree that most of those should have been caught by professionals, however the ball placement was absolutely horrific. The pass the Thomas might have been a TD is he hits him in stride. The grant pass was also too high and a little behind him. Carroo should've been running that route imo. Tannehill had errant passes as well but his ball placement in general is leaps and bounds better than cutler

joenhre likes this.
  18. flynryan15

On the Thomas pass he got both hands on it should have been caught. If you watch reverse angle there was a DB over top that would have decleated Thomas if ball was in front of him. The Grant ball, well I watch New England weekly trot a team of dwarfs out there at wr and they make that catch. Pass was into a very tight window, with no time thanks to our **** OL. I stopped making excuses for Dolphins players going through the motions years ago. Had they dropped those balls for Tannehill I would crush them the same.

AZStryker likes this.
  19. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Who is at fault that the play clock bleeds down so often? What happened to the so called tempo- to help compensate for the OL mind you?

joenhre likes this.
  20. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

The WR's and TE did him no favors today either ...in all honestly.

21. NBP81

70-71-52... Cutler's rating for the last 3 games... Fun fact! Tannehill, even including his rookie season, never had a strech of more than two games under 75... Remember 2012...? The offense, yup...

Spiff, joenhre and AZStryker like this.
  22. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

Fair enough. I didn't see the defender over the top of Thomas. Still should've caught it. The effort is way down and. Can't tell how f that's frustrating with Gase or cutler. Most likely a little of both with Cutler being off and Gase being so predictable without any creativity.

joenhre likes this.
  23. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Kill the whole offense starting with Cutler.

evo8904 likes this.
  24. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Right, and like he has 10-million reasons to care?????????????

I wanna know the idiot who thought he was the solution?

25. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

As much as Gase's playcalling has made me scratch my head this year, he is right about one thing . . . .damn near every play somebody is ****ing up.

Its a missed assignment on the line, a fumble, a drop, a missed block, a bad throw, a bad route . . . Cutler is getting the majority of the blame, and yea he is the QB he will get the glory also, but this whole offense has just been terrible and it absolutely has been a group effort not just a Cutler undoing.

26. flynryan15

Better go look up Tannehill at home against he Jets and Bills with playoffs on the line. He put up a 0.

AZStryker likes this.
  27. NBP81

Or like last year with playoffs on the line Week 6 throughout?

28. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

If Gase doesn't have any success in getting Ajayi and the running game getting first downs, then we are in trouble. I understand that he wants balance but against a good run defense team, we struggle, e.g. Jets and Titans today. Some of Cutler's throws looked weak, especially since his arm has always been so big. Maybe Gase is so dependent on getting Ajayi and the running game rolling because he knows Cutler's deficiencies.

29. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

It’s a classic case of overthinking. He’s trying so hard not to make the overuse of Ajayi this teams engine. I completely respect what he’s trying to do after witnessing the Ricky/Wannstache era, but his teams not responding. Gonna take a miracle fix in six days to be ready to hang with Atlanta.

30. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Don’t remind me. But that was what, year two of his career? How often are we going to drag that out of the mud. It’s 2017.

Travis34 likes this.
  31. Aquablood

Aquablood Well-Known Member

Case in point, third and short, called a pass and resulted in punt.

evo8904 likes this.
  32. Kdawg954

I agree, but that was a terrible drop by Thomas.

33. Aquablood

Aquablood Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. Not only called a pass, but a pass to his baby Thomas.

34. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

The playcalling is horrific, the o-line is atrocious (that's including our o-line coach), our WRs looked uninspired, and Cutler is too skittish behind our inept o-line (ready to tuck and run at the slightest feeling of a rush, constantly throwing off his back foot like it's proper mechanics). Cutler doesn't have the balls to stand tall and make the throw under pressure. I only noticed two players on the offense who are laying it on the line every play, they are Jay Ajayi and Damien Williams.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  35. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I'm starting to think our players are just stupid. I read Gase scaled back the offense, and I don't think it's for Cutler. It's year 2. Just think we have done dumbasses out there.

36. Dolphindrew

Dolphindrew Starter

The worst thing about the play calling is the plays are doomed before the snap. On the screen to Landry in the 1st half, the DB smelled it out big time and crept all the way up to the LOS well before the snap (you have to audible out of that or something). Then, on our trick play with Gray in the Wildcat, the designed play was a 3 yard sideline out pass to Landry?? Seriously? If you're going to have your backup tight end throw a pass as part of a gimmick, it better be for a home run, even if it's intercepted. Gase's play calling is bi-polar. Its starts with conservative high school coach calls (run, screen, run, screen, run run), followed by the occasional tendencies of my 13 year old playing Madden (the other night he ran a fake punt inside his 5 yard line on 4th and 33. It's absolutely inexplicable to me so far.

AZStryker likes this.
  37. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Gase doesn't call the play like "Red ISO, better throw to Thomas"

It's who Cutler saw "open"

38. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Check.
    [​IMG]

Is there a wild animal known as the WR screen? ... Asking for a friend. LOL

abNORMal likes this.
  39. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Trust the running game? With this OL? Are you nuts.

Danny likes this.
  40. dolphinlifer

dolphinlifer Well-Known Member

Exactly, and only when Ajayi starting carrying the team on his back(who he didn't think was worthy to start), did the offense pick up. All you see every game are the same exactly plays down for down regardless of game situation, and people wanna scapegoat the qb. Anything but the real problem, always the story on this board.

NYinBostonFin likes this.