Gase's Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Team

And yet their starting Corner didn't play in the Super Bowl because of something. Apparently, even with the iron fist of the Patriot way, players occasionally make waves. It that players name isn't Brady, then that player sits and/or is gone.

Assuming all the reporting/rumors of the issues with both Landry and Ajayi were more or less true, Gase had two choices: get them onboard fast or get rid of them, otherwise he shows his throat and every player will see if and know it. From everything reported, the team tried. If the coach is ever going to control the locker room, they can't dawdle, they have to be decisive.

Total speculation, but given the modern "culture", I can't imagine that current Dolphins players are looking at the Landry situation as something that will influence them to get in line. Let's assume that Landry truly didn't put in the effort required to learn the offense (I don't buy it, personally). Here's a guy who didn't put in the extra effort...yet he was to go-to guy in the offense for four years.

He gave 100% on the field, didn't hold out when many expected he would, and didn't really make waves about his contract status until the end. He never missed a game. Any player looking at that will take away that Landry had to go somewhere else to get paid. They won't say "I need to toe the line and then I'll get paid".

I don't think dumping Ajayi and Landry would in any way be viewed as a threat to anyone on the Dolphins roster. Ajayi just won a Super Bowl. And Landry is going to get paid, just not by the Dolphins. If anything, the remaining players on the roster will just think more negatively of guys like Gase, Grier, Tannenbaum, and Ross. The Dolphins dumped guys that helped them win games and got nothing in return.

So two of our better players now have shown a disrespectful attitude towards our coach/coaches. Two looks like a trend, why don't we have coaches who get players in line? Where is the leadership? You go to the Patriots and they have leadership in the locker room, and with the coaches. Their top players shut up and play and buy into the Patriot way. Whats going on with the Dolphins that they lack leadership weather it be in locker room with the players or with coaches to put the younger players in their place and show them the way.

What has happened is 20 years have passed. Until you’re a proven veteran winner the players run the show. He kept them in line last year when they were winning but as soon as they started loosing the bad attitudes came out. Do we all not remember Landry mouthing off to Gase on the sidelines several times last year? Bottom line Landry was an outspoken limited receiver. Sure he caught a lot of balls and made some tough plays but in no way is he a game changer. It’s happening all around sports. Players are running the show and until you win Players and Fans alike will act immature. It happens in NE and Bellechick gets rid of those players and it’s just chalked up to his track record and accepted. If Gase succeeds, plan on seeing more of this but less reaction from players and fans as we will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The one thing the Dolphins are good at is the smear campaign. Its our Super Bowl.

Ain't that the truth? They leak like they work for the government. It's all the players' faults, yet nothing leaks about a cokehead offensive line coach until the video hits the internet.

Football is the ultimate team sport.

Spoiled brat primmadonnas are a cancer upon a healthy team and there can only be one man in charge, the coach. When a crybaby challenges the coach and refuses to do as she's been asked, it's time for her to go.

Football is the ultimate team sport.

Spoiled brat primmadonnas are a cancer upon a healthy team and there can only be one man in charge, the coach. When a crybaby challenges the coach and refuses to do as she's been asked, it's time for her to go.

Settle down with the misogyny.

So two of our better players now have shown a disrespectful attitude towards our coach/coaches. Two looks like a trend, why don't we have coaches who get players in line? Where is the leadership? You go to the Patriots and they have leadership in the locker room, and with the coaches. Their top players shut up and play and buy into the Patriot way. Whats going on with the Dolphins that they lack leadership weather it be in locker room with the players or with coaches to put the younger players in their place and show them the way.
Bingo. Gase won me over in 2016 after that horrid start but now I don’t know anymore. His approach to dealing with alpha personalities is beginning to resemble Philbin’s. Getting very concerned.

Ain't that the truth? They leak like they work for the government. It's all the players' faults, yet nothing leaks about a cokehead offensive line coach until the video hits the internet.
Right. Imagine if he changed a bunch of coaches from last season? Then it would show it was on some of the coaches also, not just the players. Only if....

Maybe because your team leader is Mike Pouncey.Mr.bullygate,Mr.free Hernandez. i cant practice,Im not a weightroom guy
Real leaders create more leaders not followers

To compare Gase to Philbin is just dumb. Philbin was a *****. Gase has attitude. Gase is confident. Gase has (apparently) a plan.

And I believe in him. He has been held back by dumb players who never had the intellect and motivation to learn his (real) offense.

Regarding Ajayi and Landry...all you have to do is look back at the 2016 (Gase's 1st) draft. He came in and immediately drafted players to eventually replace Ajayi and Landry. And the next one on the way out? DVP if he doesn't produce.

Kenyan Drake (Ajayi)
Jakeem Grant (Landry)
Leonte Carroo (DVP)

Everyone here was hating on Grant at the end of 2016 and beginning of last season. Then he produced when he was given a chance. Carroo may not ever be worth the big trade but lets give him a chance. We got a draft coming up to add to "Gase's guys" too.

I will never give up on Gase until he has at least a couple years with "his" guys.

Ajayi and Landry were two above average players who wouldn't do what the coaches asked them to do.

They are now gone.

This is how a coach leads his team into battle. Soldiers who won't perform their duties are replaced. The team may lose a temporary bit of strength, but it makes permanent gains in focus and teamwork.

Jarvis wasn't Randy Moss; he wasn't worth the breakdown in team chemistry. Jay was an above average back in a league where RBs fall to the mid rounds of the draft.

Why cry?

Both were probowlers, both were elite at making defenders miss tackles. Both were young and just about to enter their prime. Landry set records for the franchise. He wasnt just a slot WR, he was the best of them. Now with the compensation we got on both trades I think is possible that we are finally set at punter, kicker and find a replace for long snapper! Look at the Browns and Landry having way more success than us the next three years. There is not a single player in the roster that can make the impact those two made on offense. Tanny will struggle big time when we retain the injury prone C and with no Landry, or a beast RB that the defense fear. Good think is we have money to pay an overated OL and a pair of acorns.

Right. Imagine if he changed a bunch of coaches from last season? Then it would show it was on some of the coaches also, not just the players. Only if....

Yeah, definitely some exciting moves by Gase. A new offensive coordinator who doesn’t call plays. A new offensive line coach to replace the temporary offensive line coach who replaced the cokehead. And tinkering around the edges on defense, but not replacing the real problem in Matt Burke. You’re right. Things are going to change in 2018. I can feel it.

Back
Top Bottom