Gase's View of Landry's Ejection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's View of Landry's Ejection

I don't know if that will do it or not but I still say that paying him as a #1 is a horrible idea

Ozzy rules!!
If you are saying it was stupid and are embarrassed by it, how can you "reward" him with a big contract?

I'm over Landry. Love the heart. Love the grit. Love having a guy in the slot you can count on. Too much baggage. Too much BS. I wan't too punch him every time he does that stupid 1st down point. Do your job and get back to the huddle.

Landry got elbowed in the throat, but since the opp knows he's going to have a fit every time he gets hit out of line, his penalties will increase. That said, he is a large part of our offense but since we are one of the worst teams converting 3rd downs, I think we need to look for another direction to sustain drives, whether it be running or a different play design. I'd still give Landry $40M guarenteed and $60M for a 5 year deal.

I have also come to the point where I am tired of his act. I look at the Giants with OBJ, and how he gets to do what he wants. Players like him and Landry end up being detrimental to any culture because they hold themselves in such high regard compared to the team.

Their antics are tiresome and are not "passionate". A man in his twenties who has attitude issues every time he does not get his way isn't considered passion. Tahts just an adult throwing a temper tantrum.

I agree with the coach. Landry was out of line, especially going after the referees after the fact. Even though I think Jeff Triplette is a smug, incompetent asshat, what Landry did was nonetheless a little disturbing. I have way more sympathy for Kenyan Drake, who was literally choked by a larger man and decided to take out his understandable frustration on an inanimate object, rather than said larger man, his teammates, or the officials.

Didn't Landry put us in 1st and 35 a couple of weeks ago?

Landry got elbowed in the throat, but since the opp knows he's going to have a fit every time he gets hit out of line, his penalties will increase. That said, he is a large part of our offense but since we are one of the worst teams converting 3rd downs, I think we need to look for another direction to sustain drives, whether it be running or a different play design. I'd still give Landry $40M guarenteed and $60M for a 5 year deal.
The problem is that his part in the offense is too large. As long as we keep running our offense thru him we will never be a top scoring offense.

Ozzy rules!!

Whether he stays or goes is fine with me. However, it does seem like we had some offers on the table for him and it would be ridiculous to let him walk for nothing in the form of compensation.

I'm over Landry. Love the heart. Love the grit. Love having a guy in the slot you can count on. Too much baggage. Too much BS. I wan't too punch him every time he does that stupid 1st down point. Do your job and get back to the huddle.

If ever I’ve agreed with a post 100%, this is it. I will add...take the $12 million+ it will cost to pay him and address the o-line.

Whether he stays or goes is fine with me. However, it does seem like we had some offers on the table for him and it would be ridiculous to let him walk for nothing in the form of compensation.

It won’t be nothing, comp would just come a year later, pending the other FA moves.

It won’t be nothing, comp would just come a year later, pending the other FA moves.

I meant a comp in regards to a sign and trade type of thing. You can't let Landry walk out the door for free and also if the FO knew they likely weren't going to sign him long term then they should have traded him this season.

I agree with the coach. Landry was out of line, especially going after the referees after the fact. Even though I think Jeff Triplette is a smug, incompetent asshat, what Landry did was nonetheless a little disturbing. I have way more sympathy for Kenyan Drake, who was literally choked by a larger man and decided to take out his understandable frustration on an inanimate object, rather than said larger man, his teammates, or the officials.

Didn't Landry put us in 1st and 35 a couple of weeks ago?

Its not the first time nor the last, especially after he gets ‘paid’. People can’t harp on the coaches for discipline and penalties and let this stuff keep going on.

I’m not sure what’s going to happen in the end here, but I think it plays a decent part into the final decision.

I like Jarvis a lot but that hot head seems like a bit of a risk. We’ve already seen him chest bump a woman and rip her phone out of her hands. Maybe no big deal but it’s not how I treat my lady that’s for sure. We all know what that hot head costs us on the field but I’d hate to see a BIG MONEY signing get a vacation for off the field stuff. Seems likely to me it’s a risk you have to weigh with Jarvis.

Back
Top Bottom