Gase's View of Landry's Ejection | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's View of Landry's Ejection

I've been in the "do not re-sign except for bargain price" camp for a long time.

Now that his "heart," which was supposed to make up for his physical limitations as a #1 WR, is also hurting the team, I think people are coming around to the fact that this would not be a wise signing for the Phins at the numbers Landry is looking for.

The incident with him abusing and disrespecting the lady is the realLandry. We see it at times on the field, but that is a picture in private of a foolish man.

I will be surprised if he's back. Too much money and too much risk with him imo. Good player but not at the position where you spend big money on. Throw in the fact he's screaming at his coach in front of the world to see because he didn't get his way will not help matters

Ozzy rules!!

At the end of the day, we had six more players on this team that earned us more penalty yards than Landry. He wasn't even the most penalized receiver on our team.

DeVonte Parker, BTW, had zero accepted penalties this year. Kenny Stills had 7 and Jarvis Landry had 5. And if you ask me which one I don't want on the field, it's Parker. A wide receiver starting combination of Stills and Parker is simply not what I want to see, regardless if it allows us to upgrade the line. And the bottom line is that when we have made efforts to upgrade the line, our selections have failed miserably.

I will be surprised if he's back. Too much money and too much risk with him imo. Good player but not at the position where you spend big money on. Throw in the fact he's screaming at his coach in front of the world to see because he didn't get his way will not help matters

Ozzy rules!!
I would like to know what exactly the 'risk' is. If you don't think he's worth the money, fine, but I think his level of play is pretty established. He's not a Mike Wallace type of signing where his production dropping when he got the big deal.

Okay great, Landry is gone. Who leads the WRs now? We’re all giving Parker one more year to not suck and then he’s gone. Stills isn’t that guy. Grant no. Carroo is as valuable as a shoelace salesman at a Crocs factory.

Drafting a WR? Miami already needs RB depth and an actual TE. Oy vey.

I would like to know what exactly the 'risk' is. If you don't think he's worth the money, fine, but I think his level of play is pretty established. He's not a Mike Wallace type of signing where his production dropping when he got the big deal.
The risk is running our offense once again thru a slow slot WR. I have explained this before but here it goes. With him as our #1 target we're running a dink and dunk having to go anywhere from 10 to 14 plays a drive in order to score a TD. Now as long as we score it doesn't matter how many plays we run and the defense gets to rest, right? But it's not that simple. Why do you think we don't score enough? Because when you run that type of offense too many things can go wrong. You'll get a dropped or a bad pass or an INT or a fumble or a penalty that kills the drive.

When you can get chunk plays then you don't need 14 plays to score a TD.....you only need 4 or 5 and hence it lowers the chance for a bad play that will kill the drive. How many times do we watch them driving and driving and then boom, a holding call.....or a drop or a bad pass and the drive is dead and we punt or settle for a FG. That's why I don't want paying him #1 money because as good as you think he is, he's holding the offense back. I'd be ok with him coming back but I don't want the offense running thru him. Do that and our offense will still have a hard time scoring enough points to win on a regular basis

Ozzy rules!!

The risk is running our offense once again thru a slow slot WR. I have explained this before but here it goes. With him as our #1 target we're running a dink and dunk having to go anywhere from 10 to 14 plays a drive in order to score a TD. Now as long as we score it doesn't matter how many plays we run and the defense gets to rest, right? But it's not that simple. Why do you think we don't score enough? Because when you run that type of offense too many things can go wrong. You'll get a dropped or a bad pass or an INT or a fumble or a penalty that kills the drive.

When you can get chunk plays then you don't need 14 plays to score a TD.....you only need 4 or 5 and hence it lowers the chance for a bad play that will kill the drive. How many times do we watch them driving and driving and then boom, a holding call.....or a drop or a bad pass and the drive is dead and we punt or settle for a FG. That's why I don't want paying him #1 money because as good as you think he is, he's holding the offense back. I'd be ok with him coming back but I don't want the offense running thru him. Do that and our offense will still have a hard time scoring enough points to win on a regular basis

Ozzy rules!!

I agree with your opinion but we had the 2nd most big plays, behind Atlanta, in 2016 with that crummy QB who hasn’t proven anything in this league. That QB will be back next year. Cutler ran a dink and dunk offense for sure but Ryan didn’t last year.

Okay great, Landry is gone. Who leads the WRs now? We’re all giving Parker one more year to not suck and then he’s gone. Stills isn’t that guy. Grant no. Carroo is as valuable as a shoelace salesman at a Crocs factory.

Drafting a WR? Miami already needs RB depth and an actual TE. Oy vey.
well, he's been here 4 years. He's "led" the WR's for 4 years and yet we have never scored enough points to win on a regular basis. I'm not saying it's all his fault but that's what happens when your "leader" is a slow slot WR. You're making sound like we have this amazing offense because of him but the fact is that we don't and we won't till we start going deep and stop with the 5 yards passes to him

Ozzy rules!!

I hate the antics. I love the effort and toughness. He has to grow up and learn how to show that effort and toughness and not hurt his team.

I'm still in the camp of...."make him a fair offer based on the market". If he doesn't want it....then let him walk.

Whether he stays or goes is fine with me. However, it does seem like we had some offers on the table for him and it would be ridiculous to let him walk for nothing in the form of compensation.

That's exactly why he should have been traded at the deadline.

The problem is that his part in the offense is too large. As long as we keep running our offense thru him we will never be a top scoring offense.

Ozzy rules!!

Exactly. The argument has been reversed all along. Instead of...what would we do without him, it should be...imagine what we could do without him.

Lots of guys can run underneath and catch an 8 yard pass on 3rd and 10. Defense says...Be my guest. Yeah, once in a while it will be 12 instead of 8. Defense says...Big deal. Line up and do it again. We're standing back here, not scared at all.

Back
Top Bottom