Gase's View of Landry's Ejection | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's View of Landry's Ejection

You keep getting rid of your talented play makers that you draft and who actually produce and make pro bowls like Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry, because you don't know how to coach any type of player outside of a yes man, and see how the works for long term.

Spoiler alert: It's not.
the jokes on you, we rarely draft pro bowl players so we don't have to worry about them leaving. it's our strategery haha

But seriously, the routes Landry runs are not all that tough to find a replacement for. I would rather use that money to get Jimmy Graham here, a seam threat tight end would be way more effective in this offense.

I'm not sure why Gase called it embarrassing. This has been Landry's behavior since he came into the league and Gase knew that when he was hired. Gase has said he doesn't mind the aggressive penalties and behavior. He has let Landry, a leader of the team, act this way under his entire tenure. I don't think anybody is shocked by Landry's acts, it's pretty much expected at this point. Gase let it get to this extreme and shouldn't be blaming anybody but himself. Commanding discipline has always been one of his poor traits as a coach.

well, he's been here 4 years. He's "led" the WR's for 4 years and yet we have never scored enough points to win on a regular basis. I'm not saying it's all his fault but that's what happens when your "leader" is a slow slot WR. You're making sound like we have this amazing offense because of him but the fact is that we don't and we won't till we start going deep and stop with the 5 yards passes to him

Ozzy rules!!

I’m not making it sound like anything. He has 400 catches for 4,038 yards and 22 TDs in four years. He’s never missed a game. He’s the leader of the WR group.

How do you replace that? I’m not saying it’s impossible but people gave Miami **** for letting Matthews go (even Lamar Miller). Landry has done more for the team than either of those guys ever did.

Landry and his behavior is just a small sample of what is wrong with this team. The roster is polluted with selfish, immature, unprofessional, dumb/low Football IQ players. Weekly they show up unmotivated and unprepared. The Dolphins problem as a whole is dysfunction and lack of leadership. Starts at the top and runs downhill ending with a “C” on Mike Pouncey’s chest.

It’s not hard for Miami to replicate Landry’s targets. Use Drake is pass routes and get a above average TE. In addition to a Ridley in round 2 and Miami instantly upgrades MOF play.

Landry's antics are tiresome, love his fire hate to see him on another team, don't think he's worth more than 12mil a year tops. Got a question though a lot of people say he's the leader of the wide receivers kind of curious why the players never vote him as an offensive captain?

Landry is a clown. I am not a Gase fan but he earned a lot of respect with me for telling it like it is. Landry also fumbles at key times in addition to taking tons of penalties. Show him the door.

the jokes on you, we rarely draft pro bowl players so we don't have to worry about them leaving. it's our strategery haha

But seriously, the routes Landry runs are not all that tough to find a replacement for. I would rather use that money to get Jimmy Graham here, a seam threat tight end would be way more effective in this offense.

The routes Randy Moss ran weren't so tough either. He was pretty good.

We don't agree on much but this is how I feel, and I hate that first down celebration too. I almost wish they would still gave out penalties for spinning/spiking the ball after first downs.

I long for the days when the Dolphins were considered a disciplined, classy, tough football team.

WTF? Most of you would be complaining about how our players show no heart if we didn't have Landry. Any of you watch Parker this year? That is the guy we could lose and keep going, lose Landry and we step back years. If Parker had turned into Calvin Johnson it wouldn't matter, but he didn't, Sign Landry fast, we need competitors.

No no you I'm comparing the ease of their routes. Running fast in a straight line is not that hard either.
He did a hell of a lot more than that and you know it. It was a foolish statement on your part, Moss is a top 5 receiver in the history of the game. To even say he just ran in a straight line is an endightment of your football IQ.

I respect the opinions of a lot of longtime posters on this forum, but walking away from Landry is crazy talk IMO. I get that the way he treated his lady was reprehensible and I get that he's a hothead on the field at times, but the reality is that there is a large percentage of today's NFL that could fall within those descriptive guidelines. This guy has consistently been our best receiver year in and year out. Those of you willing to let him go in favor of keeping Parker will definitely be the same ones regretting it when someone like Belichick snatches him up and uses him to murder us with that "death by a thousand papercuts" style of offense that they use up in Foxboro. A guy like Landry would be absolutely lethal in that system. We all know that Belichick has no issues using a guy with behavior issues to pave his way to another SB title, but for some reason the 6-10 Dolphins should be above trying to resign him? Sorry, I am not with you guys on this one.

1. He was not the best receiver on the team in 2016, Kenny Stills was.
2. You don't pay a slot receiver that averages under 9 yards a catch #1 receiver money.
3. They can put the money towards another player/position or perhaps two positions.
4. Belichick wouldn't touch Landry, and the $$ he wants would be a non-starter for the Pats.

Back
Top Bottom