*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

Kiffin isn't too worried at all. They just landed JUCO transfer Kenbrell Thompkins to replace him anyway. Nu'Keese is upset over his role in the offense. He's a little butthurt is all.

keep em coming JCane. got no problem with it - still gotta defend my boys though. except for the 'to catch a predator' guy. that was bad.

Some dressed as Tim Tebow for Halloween lol.

tebow-1.jpg

lol. that's a great costume.

I'm glad a non-Gator fan finally gets it for the Spikes situation. Thanks JCane. It's true that what Spikes did was extremely unclassy. But this stuff happens, and he got caught. 1/2 a game suspension sounds about right.

As for the whole thug reputation of UM and now of UF, I think that's just what comes with the territory. When you have the best athletes, unfortunately, and no one seems to be saying it, but you have a higher likelihood of being a thug. They do anything to get by in football...and sometimes in life. The correlation exists for when UM had the best college athletes in the 90s and now for UF in the past 5 years. Honestly, I think it has NOTHING to do with Urban Meyer, Randy Shannon, or any HC. How much control does a HC have of a player during the off-season, for example? Some of these guys think they can get away with murder. They've been served life on a silver platter their whole life and some of them take that for granted.

You'd be amazed at the things Randy does to keep his nose in player's business during the off-season. Trust me. That dude is a drill sergeant. Players still aren't allowed to wear hats to class, they can't be late to class, and they can't miss class. Randy gets his reports at the end of the week and he's on these dudes. Urban Meyer just wants to win big time football games but at least he's ****ing capable of winning big time football games. Once football season is over, Meyer isn't in his kid's business. No hats...dumbest **** I ever heard.

lol. I hear what you're saying. I'm sure there's more that Meyer could do during the offseason and outside of football. I guess Meyer feels his time and energy is better served elsewhere. College football is a tough business. You don't want to ignore integrity, but you also don't want to lose (because then you'll just get canned). All I gotta say is I'm glad I'm not a head-ball coach. That's gotta be one of the most stressful jobs in America.

To all you people complaining about Spike's eye-gouge...where's the uproar about this? I'm telling you...this stuff happens ALL THE TIME. While what Spikes did was unexcusable, the way the media emphasizes EVERYTHING so harshly when it comes to UF is getting ridiculous.

BRANCH_EYE_GOUGEJPG-1.jpg

absolutely. the worst part is spikes never, ever pulls crap like that. ealey coming out and saying there should be no suspension - b/c it happens all the time and spikes didn't even make contact - speaks volumes. him taking himself out of the whole vandy game really shows his character.

but it goes both ways with the gators. the media is either on their knees or biting off our dicks when the gators are concerned. goes with the territory.

Think Spikes takes himself out of that game if it's LSU or Bama and not Vandy?

The entire defense could've went to Six Flags for the day and it wouldn't have mattered....:lol:

not even close. but that's neither here nor there. lucky for us it was vandy we played next so that situation never had to come up.

there are so many gators that have gotten in trouble the last few years. this is one guy that keeps his nose clean and never pulls crap like he did against georgia. i wouldn't defend a lot of our team for doing what he did - but i do spikes. he's earned a pass in my book.

south carolina today. ole ball coach always plays us tough - should be a good game. unfortunately, my sister's wedding is today so i'll have to record it. i hate missing gators and fins games. stupid wedding.

Wow, what a crazy freakin game. Offensive playcalling is atrocious. Addazio plays the calls no matter who his athletes are. He doesn't utilize Tim Tebow the way he's supposed to be utilized. Thankfully, we have the best defense in the country to bail us out again.

To all you people complaining about Spike's eye-gouge...where's the uproar about this? I'm telling you...this stuff happens ALL THE TIME. While what Spikes did was unexcusable, the way the media emphasizes EVERYTHING so harshly when it comes to UF is getting ridiculous.

BRANCH_EYE_GOUGEJPG-1.jpg

That looks like the "Crippler Crossface" move Chris Benoit used to use
as a finisher in the WWE!!!

Back
Top Bottom