General NCAA thread

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by FSU Truth, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Yea..that receiver has the football I.Q. that will get him drafted by the Dolphins...

2. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

Sad but very true.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

4. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

rumors this morning are that Jalen Hurd will transfer out of Tennessee

5. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Lots of rumors flying out of the Vols camp. Last night Jonathon Kongbo tweeted a pic of hanging cleats and wrote all things must end. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Namor

Wow..Texas A &M at four......

7. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

:lol: at "playoffs"

8. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

Not really suprised...sucks for UW, but when you play is the ****ty pac10 that's the problem you will have.

9. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

He's a junior. Makes more sense for him to just go pro.

A purported family member of his posted on a message board somewhere that the staff played him while knowing he had a concussion. Doesn't sound like things are going very well over there.

10. MadDog 88

He wants to play TE so he'll move to a TE friendly team like Michigan for a year :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Yeah but A&M had to go to OT against a lesser opponent. The top 3 are solid right now but the 4 spot is wide open for debate and should have been Ohio State in my opinion.

11. FSU Truth

I would agree with that, fortunately there are still a number of games to be played and hopefully it will work itself out.

12. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

Maybe, but I don't think he's close to graduating. So unless he's going to an FCS school, he'll probably have to sit out a year and come back in 2018.

13. MadDog 88

Agreed. Quite honestly I sometimes wonder if they don't try and create controversy to keep people talking.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Early buzz is that he is interested in Miami, Florida State and Texas.

14. FSU Truth

I think the most interesting game to finish the season will be Michigan and Ohio State....Michigan can solidify their place or Ohio State can muddy the whole thing...

Clemson is playing on borrowed time, so many close games...the ACC Championship could be very interesting...Va Tech and Clemson...

15. Sons Of Shula

That didn't last long for A&M. Let's just hope the committee will get it right going forward b/c that was an awful decision to kick off the opening rankings and someday expand the field.

16. Sons Of Shula

****ing *** clown

[tweet]795004308089671680[/tweet]

17. MadDog 88

Harbaugh is awesome. Its never a bad thing to stick up for your players. If he was in Miami you'd love him.

18. Sons Of Shula

Not a chance. I'd find another team till the perpetual tantrum throwing toddler left. I've always maintained that.

19. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Wow. 2,3 & 4 lost today.

I'm willing to bet 2 & 3 stay in the top 4.

20. Namor

It's Alabama....and then everybody else...put them in whatever order you want..will not matter.

21. FSU Truth

I agree with this....everyone is fighting for a chance to be beat 41-13 in the national title game...

22. Namor

I do worry about Louisville...They have the QB,that if he has one of those games......well,they could be trouble.

23. Buddy

They have a pretty good defense and coach as well. It all depends on how they show up to play.

24. Namor

It would depend more on how "we" show up...If both team brings their 'A" game...Bama by 14...but you never know...

25. Buddy

I don't know man, that offense is the craziest I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just delusional because they dropped 63 on the Noles. I don't think they'd do that to Bama but I don't think 40 is out of the question at all. If both show up 100% and guns a blazing, I'd take Bama by maybe 7 but no more. If Louisville doesn't turn the ball over, they are going to be very hard to beat.

26. Namor

I'm sorry but these playoff rankings blow...I get it's a new slate each week...but come on...Louisville is getting screwed!!!!
    If Bama had lost to Miss St...which would be basically the same as Michigan losing to Iowa and Clemson losing to Pitt,and Bama stayed in
    the top four...people would have lost their minds...SEC bias...SEC bias..!!! I could hear it now...
    A loss to a lesser team at this point has to account for something....The Michigan and Clemson ranking is,to me,just not right..
    Louisville is getting hosed...just my two cents...and as a Bama guy...Louisville is the only team that really worries me ANY...
    Thoughts?

27. Sons Of Shula

Expand to eight teams and create a true playoff scenario. Otherwise it's just more preferential hogwash.

28. FSU Truth

It is an issue...a lot has to do with team overall popularity and unfortunately, the playoffs still look at what programs are going to provide the TV ratings and who will travel the best. What is sad is that Jackson is the most dynamic offensive player in college football and would make for a great match-up in the playoffs. Still should work itself out with the UM and OSU game still to be played and I think Clemson loses one more. Louisville is the best team FSU has played in the last two seasons...and would love to see them on a national stage like the playoffs.

29. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't worry, I think we'll still slide in there at the end of the day. OSU-Michigan will help, especially if one completely blows out the other. And as FSU Truth said, Clemson could still very well lose one more game. Wake Forest isn't a push over. They played us tough for a half (our fumbles did help them out) and are a good solid team that is already bowl eligible playing in their place (even though it's barely bigger than a high school stadium). That Wake game isn't a given for Clemson by any means, especially if Watson contiunes to insist on throwing it to the other team.

I'm going to say that we're going to run Houston off the field. The team wasn't happy AT ALL about that #5 ranking last night. Like AT ALL. They were very clear about that on their Twitter accounts, especially Lamar Jackson. Greg Ward Jr. is hurt and not 100%. UK doesn't stand a chance. Bobby finally has the means to nuke the Wildkittens and he won't hesitate especially if it mean he'll keep them out of a bowl game (I don't think their game with Austin Peay counts toward bowl eligibility). We'll end the season with 2 impressive wins, so we'll do our part.

30. MadDog 88

I was surprised Louisville didn't move into the 4. Win out and they're in. The loss Michigan had to Iowa is just a killer. Had they been unbeaten and lost at Ohio State they were in. I suspect you'll see at least 1 team that won't be a conference champion in the playoff.

31. MadDog 88

Good call

32. Buddy

How important was that referee travesty in the fourth quarter of the FSU-Clemson game now? MF assholes!

33. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

FIU hires Butch Davis. I think this will be a nice boost for FIU and a good thing for South Florida football.

UM/FIU just got even more interesting. :)

34. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

An 8 team playoff suggestion is more of what led us to this point to begin with....solutions in search of a problem. 4 is all you need.

I'm not one that believes you needed a playoff to begin with. As long you get the TWO most deserving teams with a shot to play for the title, that's all you need. Which is what the BCS did. Furthermore, as long as a 4 team playoff gets the TWO most deserving teams in with a shot at the title, that's all you need to worry about. Whatever teams anyone may feel are 3rd, 4th, or 5th most deserving is irrelevant.

If this was an 8 team playoff, Alabama wouldn't even need to play the starters against Auburn in the Iron Bowl. That's what the regular season would be reduced to. Which is an unacceptable thought. The more you pollute the playoff pool with unworthy opponents, the more you dilute the regular season. The regular season meaning so much is what makes college football so great. You already have enough diluted, watered down, and meaningless regular season games with professional sports and college basketball.

If you have trouble choosing 4 teams from the pool of Alabama, Ohio St., Clemson, Louisville, Michigan, and Washington.... choosing 8 teams from the pool of Alabama, Ohio St., Clemson, Louisville, Michigan, Penn St., Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., West Virginia, Washington, Washington St., Colorado, USC, Utah, Houston, Western Michigan, Boise St., etc. doesn't get any easier for you.

When you're down to sifting through a hoard of undeserving 3 loss teams for a shot at the playoff to win a national championship, that's when something is wrong with your system. All you've accomplished is moving the argument choosing among 1 and 2 loss teams to choosing between 2 and 3 loss teams.

35. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I think that an 8 team playoff only makes sense if you feel that there will consistently be 8 very strong teams who are worthy of being included. Personally, I don't think that is going to ever be the case.

I think the 4 team playoff system is a nice compromise and allows for a little bit of a margin of error without watering things down too much.

36. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Exactly. Hell I've been watching college football for almost 50 years and can't point to one single instance where a case could be made for a team with 3 losses, or a team ranked outside the top 4 was worthy of playing for a national championship.

Basically, it's win your games or sit down and shut up for me.

However, I may be willing to compromise slightly and expand it to 6 teams. Give the #1 and #2 team a first round bye, and let #3/#6 and #4/#5 play each other. I'll expand the playoff to let a couple of undeserving teams in to "have their chance", but I'm also going to reward the teams at #1 and #2 and give them a first round bye.

37. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

[tweet]799394691389202434[/tweet]

38. Namor

Louisville. .I am ashamed

39. MadDog 88

If Houston holds on more likely than not, a 2 loss team is going to get in.

40. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

What happened to this Louisville team? Mental lapses on every play. 5 guys on the oline are blocking 2 or 3 and letting the rest straight through. Doesn't seem like an efficient strategy.

They just scored so maybe they make it interesting. Doubt it though.