General NCAA thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

I'm hearing Gurley may have torn his ACL. I didn't see it, but that would suck because he may be the only RB worth a 1st round pick.

The officiating in the ASU-OSU game is possibly the worst I've ever seen. And I don't mean in the "I don't likey the calls against my team" way.

Highlights include:

- Phantom penalties that they then overturn on themselves, including one in which they booted a player from the game, reviewed it, and saw that he did literally nothing wrong.
- Taking about a minute every time there is a penalty, running around looking utterly confused, and often deciding that, oh, there wasn't a penalty at all.
- Throwing a penalty flag instead of a beanbag to mark a spot.

It may be more entertaining than the game itself.

Don't be sad, Little Tiger. Your day will come...just not today.

I've had my day. 5 times actually and even got the chance to watch the best college team ever destroy Nebraska in the Rose Bowl first hand. I watch the Cane games; that's it. I don't really follow amateur hour at the NCAA.

Well ASU, that's what happens when you leave your best QB on the sidelines and stick to a defensive plan that clearly isn't working.

I used to bring up RB Robert Davis a few years ago as a recruit that I adored. He was right in South Florida's backyard and he wanted to go to USF but they didn't offer him.

He's a redshirt freshman at Memphis this year and they get him some touches whenever they're up by a lot. He's got a crowded field ahead of him with Brandon Hayes, Sam Craft, Jarvis Cooper and Doroland Dorceus getting touches ahead of him.

But he's managing to shine anyway. Has 78 yards on 9 carries with a TD. Also an 8 yard catch. Only 10 touches in 2 games and he has 86 yards and a TD. They're going to have to keep raising him up the depth chart, IMO.

Kid has 4.4 or even 4.3 speed.

Memphis is a very good football team. They've acquired a lot of legitimate SEC talent in their starting 22, but it's the depth they've been able to achieve in so many areas that makes them really good. 2 of their 3 losses this season were on the road to top 10 caliber teams in UCLA and Ole Miss. They should've beaten UCLA. They went all the way out to the west coast and had the lead or tied 3 times in that game vs. the Bruins. Ended up losing 42-35.

Bobby McCain is the most underrated cornerback in the country.

They're a strong team. They're gonna beat the hell out of South Florida this weekend. We're gonna see Robert Davis in that game and not necessarily for good reasons.

I've defected to Air Force for the rest of this season. Already locked up the Commander-in-Chief's trophy by beating Army and Navy.

Congats to Louisville for knocking off the ND pricks :up:

Without any comment on Jameis' character, ability, or anything else:

How do you deliberately shove a referee TWICE and not get ejected? That's insane. I ask that question regardless of who the player is.

I get that the ACC wants the Noles in the playoff real bad, but, uh, yeah.

Without any comment on Jameis' character, ability, or anything else:

How do you deliberately shove a referee TWICE and not get ejected? That's insane. I ask that question regardless of who the player is.

I get that the ACC wants the Noles in the playoff real bad, but, uh, yeah.

I hate blaming the refs. With that said everyone knows what's coming next...

The officiating in the UM vs FSU was ****ing atrocious last week. The only thing I am not surprised about here is that the ref didn't apologize for being in Sir Winston's way.

Back
Top Bottom