General NCAA thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Oh I know,almost as bad as people bringing up things from 40 plus years ago,plus its usually from people not old enough to remember it,just heard about it from some POS,left wing liberal,democrat...
Plus,i was in Miami in the early 70's....Fla. racism then was in Ala,and Miss's range too....

FSU went through the same thing last year with West Virginia and Auburn
canceling home and homes with us due to their respective changes in conference schedules. UL schedule next year will be plenty tough...welcome aboard! The ACC will be very, very tough in football and absolutely sick in basketball.

I do expect an adjustment period both to the new conference and post-Teddy. Luckily we return a good chunk of our offense and defense to next year's team. We aren't starting over by any stretch of the means.

The schedule this season is what it is. We couldn't do much about it. Originall TCU and Boise were going to join the confrence and we had a couple of BCS level teams buy their way out of contracts with us. We tried to get Bama, A&M, and Ohio State on the schedule this year but it just didn't work out. Va Tech stayed in their game with Bama (we were going to take their place if they ducked out), it just didn't work out with A&M, and OSU just ducked us by scheduling SDST instead (no shocker there, they've been ducking us since we almost beat them in the 1980s.)

At this point I'm almost numb to the whole schedule thing. There's nothing we can do about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

So... Clemson vs FSU. Who ya got?

I'll take FSU 52-38. Scorched earth in a sod game!

I don't think it will be that high scoring. I'll predict 37- 31 FSU wins.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

And that's fine. Like I said, Louisville will likely be a 2 loss type of team in the ACC that should consistently finish the season ranked, with some really good seasons in between. A lot like Virginia Tech actually which is nothing to be ashamed of. As long as Charlie Strong is there they should remain a good team. And like I said, anything that improves the ACC is fine by me.

But I do think next year will be rough for Louisville losing a great QB and having to play a much tougher schedule than they're used to. They likely could be playing 3 top 5-10 teams plus Notre Dame. The Louisville fans who think they should be playing for MNC this year just really irk me though and remind me a lot of the Boise supporters not long ago that really irked me as well. But like I also said, it is my understanding that they tried to play some tough OOC games but they fell through. To Boise's credit, they did too. Georgia and VT come to mind. So I do kind of feel sympathy for Louisville fans since this was likely their best shot for a MNC. What really interests me though is how long will Strong be there? I can't help but feel he'll have no problems leaving if the right team comes calling. Maybe even going to back to UF when Muschamp is inevitably fired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At this point right now the only program that I worry about courting Charlie is UF. I don't believe there are any other programs, that might be looking for a coach anytime soon, that would interest him enough to entertain an offer. Here at U of L he's one of the top 10 paid coaches in the country. AD Tom Jurich gives him anything he wants (we're expanding the weight room and Schnellenberger Football complex again, along with the stadium). Also here he's not under the intense pressure and scrutiny that he would be at an SEC school. His family genuinely seems to enjoy this city as well.

I don't think it will be that high scoring. I'll predict 37- 31 FSU wins.

Both defenses are inconsistent but talented so it could be much lower scoring than expected or it could be ridiculously high scoring. It should be a great game regardless! Two excellent football teams with amazing offenses and very talented, albeit inconsistent, defenses.

Clemson is a 3 point dog at home. I'm guessing FSU wins this by a TD or TD-FG.

FSU went through the same thing last year with West Virginia and Auburn
canceling home and homes with us due to their respective changes in conference schedules. UL schedule next year will be plenty tough...welcome aboard! The ACC will be very, very tough in football and absolutely sick in basketball.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

I'll take FSU 52-38. Scorched earth in a sod game!

Here's what it looks like next year for us. We just moved the Marshall away game to 2016 in order to add another home game, so we have an open date to fill next season. I'm guessing we'll be looking for a D-1 level sacrifical lamb for the open date. But still that is a MUCH better looking schedule than this season's.

HOME: Florida State, Kentucky (November 29th), Miami, NC State, Wake Forest, (Open Date)

ROAD: Boston College, Clemson, FIU (September 20th) , Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia

I'm glad we got into the ACC. I've always enjoyed ACC football and basketball. Plus the conference is a powerhouse in baseball as well. Hopefully the move will elevate our golf programs too. I would have hated being in the Big 12.

Here's what it looks like next year for us. We just moved the Marshall away game to 2016 in order to add another home game, so we have an open date to fill next season. I'm guessing we'll be looking for a D-1 level sacrifical lamb for the open date. But still that is a MUCH better looking schedule than this season's.

HOME: Florida State, Kentucky (November 29th), Miami, NC State, Wake Forest, (Open Date)

ROAD: Boston College, Clemson, FIU (September 20th) , Notre Dame, Syracuse, Virginia

I'm glad we got into the ACC. I've always enjoyed ACC football and basketball. Plus the conference is a powerhouse in baseball as well. Hopefully the move will elevate our golf programs too. I would have hated being in the Big 12.

With Miami, Clemson, and FSU all playing well and the inclusion of Louisville....the ACC could make a push for the second strongest conference in College football...4 teams (if you include Louisville) in the top 10 right now...

With Miami, Clemson, and FSU all playing well and the inclusion of Louisville....the ACC could make a push for the second strongest conference in College football...4 teams (if you include Louisville) in the top 10 right now...

If you count Notre Dame, sortof, then we have a pretty tough conference. Hopefully ND will put their ego aside and commit fully to football in the ACC.

I'd argue ACC is second best already. I would of gone with Pac 12 but seeing Stanford lose to Utah and Washington easily handled by Oregon, I don't see the Pac 12 as anything special. Oregon and everyone else. I'm not sold on UCLA yet but I am sold on Hundley. He's a stud. Stanford really hasn't impressed me all year. Neither has Kevin Hogan.

Big 10 is a dumpster fire. Almost AAC level bad. Big 12 is meh.

I imagine the ACC will stay pretty good with FSU and Miami returning and the addition of Louisville as another consistently ranked team. Notre Dame as well. With all the talent in the southern states, the SEC and ACC should be the best conferences. Too much talent to go around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd argue ACC is second best already. I would of gone with Pac 12 but seeing Stanford lose to Utah and Washington easily handled by Oregon, I don't see the Pac 12 as anything special. Oregon and everyone else. I'm not sold on UCLA yet but I am sold on Hundley. He's a stud. Stanford really hasn't impressed me all year. Neither has Kevin Hogan.

Big 10 is a dumpster fire. Almost AAC level bad. Big 12 is meh.

I imagine the ACC will stay pretty good with FSU and Miami returning and the addition of Louisville as another consistently ranked team. With all the talent in the southern states, the SEC and ACC should be the best conferences. Too much talent to go around.

I agree. Urban Meyer is about to rule the Big 10 with an iron fist. It's going to be OSU and everyone else. Michigan is ok, but I don't think Brady Hoke is a very good coach. The PAC-12 can improve though, especially if USC hires the right coach and then gets their scholarships back. Still that's a 3 team conference anyway. The Big 12 is dysfunctional at best, everyone hates Texas and Texas needs a new coach. I don't think Stoops is all that great of a coach for OK either. I think in the coming years the ACC could easily be the 2nd best football conference, but they'll have to change the national narrative.

Bite your tongue and have faith my Seminole brother!

on the road in Clemson is a death march...lol. the last time we won there was when chris rix played. lmfao. like I said, we wnn big in tally or neutral site, bit Clemson at home is just tough. ill be happy when we smoke Miami tho and hopefully beat uf

on the road in Clemson is a death march...lol. the last time we won there was when chris rix played. lmfao. like I said, we wnn big in tally or neutral site, bit Clemson at home is just tough. ill be happy when we smoke Miami tho and hopefully beat uf

Clemson is always tough and if they were rolling in there with Manuel or Ponder I would chalk it up as a loss, but with King Jaboo....I like the Noles chances...

Back
Top Bottom