Geno Hayes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Hayes

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anybody interested in this guy?

I remember thinking he was phenomenal the few times I saw him play this year.

Where's he projected to go?

Probably too small to play LB in the NFL, especially in 3-4.

Never been overly impressed with him personally. First thing that comes to mind is him running his mouth about how he was gonna take down Tebow this year and he got ran over a few times and only had 1 tackle the whole game.

Gotta love Geno. He's an absolute stud. Reminds me a lot of Lawrence Timmons, who came out last year. He's going to do very well at the combine, but he'll be lucky to launch himself in to the first round. I'd probably imagine that he'll go early-mid second.

Gotta love Geno. He's an absolute stud. Reminds me a lot of Lawrence Timmons, who came out last year. He's going to do very well at the combine, but he'll be lucky to launch himself in to the first round. I'd probably imagine that he'll go early-mid second.

Wow, all bias aside come on now, no way he goes that high. 2nd day pick IMO.

I've read several places that he's expected to go between mid-second and early third as of right now, and that's pre-combine. A lot of underclassmen came make up big ground at the combine. Draft Scout and Draft Countdown both have him as a first day guy. Draft Countdown has him as the #5 LB.

No bias, don't worry.

I've read several places that he's expected to go between mid-second and early third as of right now, and that's pre-combine. A lot of underclassmen came make up big ground at the combine. Draft Scout and Draft Countdown both have him as a first day guy. Draft Countdown has him as the #5 LB.

No bias, don't worry.

Draft Countdown does not have him in their 2 round mock though. They have him as the #5 OLB, which doesn't include possible tweeners like Chris Long and Gholston.

Unless he shows up at the combine 15-20+ lbs over his listed 215 its doubt he's a first day guy.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a homer. But, I was just pointing out that they had him ranked 64th overall. When Timmons and Hayes were on the field at the same time, I thought that Geno covered more ground and was more alert, though Timmons is more athletic.

Either way, if he really falls to the 4th round, we'd have to take a look, no? :D

Yeah, I'm a bit of a homer. But, I was just pointing out that they had him ranked 64th overall. When Timmons and Hayes were on the field at the same time, I thought that Geno covered more ground and was more alert, though Timmons is more athletic.

Either way, if he really falls to the 4th round, we'd have to take a look, no? :D

At 215, maybe he should try to be a Strong Safety? Or is he not fast enough? I really don't know anything about him, so I'm just throwing that out there for a question.

He's a 4.7 guy. That probably would barely cut it at safety. I don't know how 40 times translate to different positions in the NFL though.

Back
Top Bottom