Get on the Jordan Willis Train! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get on the Jordan Willis Train!

Seems like a great call to me. The you have so many versatile options with your defensive line.

He reminds me of Jason Taylor in that he has a very long and athletic body with great body control. He plays with tremendous intensity and is a very serious person.

If he's there take him!

I like him if Barnett, Reddick, Foster, and Charlton are all off the board. I like him in the same category as Harris, McKinley, Davis, Bowser, and Watt pretty much. Wouldn't take any of those guys at 22. I'd trade down if the board falls like that. Pick up an extra pick or two and still be able to get one.

It's very likely the board falls like that, and I'm not sure I'd trade down unless I'm still picking in the mid 20s.

I'm a fan of Jordan Willis. I see him as a great pick who also provides scheme versatility, pass rush skills, a willingness to learn, maturity and work ethic. This could be the next Cam Wake. I'm all in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Someone is going to take him stupid high. If they really want him, they're going to have to trade up. If Cleveland goes QB at 1, i bet Willis goes at 12.

I like him if Barnett, Reddick, Foster, and Charlton are all off the board. I like him in the same category as Harris, McKinley, Davis, Bowser, and Watt pretty much. Wouldn't take any of those guys at 22. I'd trade down if the board falls like that. Pick up an extra pick or two and still be able to get one.

I really don't see the boner jam on Taco Charlton. I've seen plenty of Michigan games the last few years and i see a solid floor, low ceiling player.

Big #75 was all over the field in the Senior Bowl. This is the guy that I'd like to get in round 1. If we trade down and get another pick and still get him then of course that's better but I'm fine if we snag him at #22. Bring the card up and secure an excellent player with the exact skill set we need. I think I've made my feeling clear about the word "reach" in other posts. When the games start it doesn't matter if Mayock or Kiper don't feel we got excellent value, who cares. What if we can move down 5 or 6 spots and generate a trade for a starting quality Guard? Last year we moved down and got 2 starters, Kiko and Maxwell. If not a player then a high pick would be nice but we would need to address Guard pretty quickly after snagging Willis. A year down the road I believe Willis would look like a very good pick.

When the games start it doesn't matter if Mayock or Kiper don't feel we got excellent value, who cares.

Here's a fun fact: I read an article recently that compared the big boards of all the main and independent media draft gurus from 2014. Both Mayock and Kiper's boards ranked somewhere in the 40's.

Here's a fun fact: I read an article recently that compared the big boards of all the main and independent media draft gurus from 2014. Both Mayock and Kiper's boards ranked somewhere in the 40's.

I'd be curious to know who's near the top

Thanks Vaark. :brewskis: That actually wasn't the website I was looking for though that's pretty damn cool and that one is now bookmarked. It was a simple article and I finally found it. Appreciate the extra motivational boost to finally nail down some searches after you posted this.

Here's the link: Who Crafted the Best Big Board in 2014?

And the graphic:

NFL-Drafter-Rankings-2014-Vers1.png

Mayock and Matt miller were the guys I was thinking about that ranked in the 40's, Kiper landed at 35.

Still want Davis in the 1st, but would be cool if Willis came to the fins.

Just watched some highlights. Stiff was the first thing that came to mind or maybe the thread stuck it in my peabrain and made me bias but that jumped out at me. I would not draft him to play OLB nor with intent of moving him there often though sporadically to fool the d, why not?

Love everything else i saw. Its a highlight reel so obviously him at his best but boy that best is really good.

-never saw him out of control
-sets edge
-textbook rip move
-seems smart

One play in particular in where he sweeped me off my feet:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVJHdZQyek

4:06 mark

It wouldve been fairly easy to give up on that play by just putting his head in the chest of the DE and trying to bullrush at that point. DE had him swallowed up. Just a smart move beautifully executed. The QB was back there all day but wouldve been there longer if not by a helluva motor. Watch him swat those hands away as he executes. Thing of beauty.

Thanks Vaark. :brewskis: That actually wasn't the website I was looking for though that's pretty damn cool and that one is now bookmarked. It was a simple article and I finally found it. Appreciate the extra motivational boost to finally nail down some searches after you posted this.

Here's the link: Who Crafted the Best Big Board in 2014?

And the graphic:

NFL-Drafter-Rankings-2014-Vers1.png

Mayock and Matt miller were the guys I was thinking about that ranked in the 40's, Kiper landed at 35.

LMAO at Charlie Campbell's high ranking. Every time I read his mocks on walterfootball my inner John Cleese prepares me by saying, "...and now for something completely different." His mocks are typically all over the place. Yet he beats out all the corporate guys. Too funny

Willis is actually pretty damn polished all around. How the hell did he run a 4.53! You only see glimpses of it on tape.

Yet another guy who I would like much better after a trade down.

Back
Top Bottom