Get rid of Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

i think Gase is safe for a year or two, but Tannenbaum needs to go. He has mismanaged this roster with awful contracts and terrible, wasteful trades. Need a competent football guy in the front office.

Rolltide03, Jimi, TannDaMan17 and 7 others like this.
  2. dirkey

dirkey FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Absolutely this.

3. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

They need a real GM. Not a GM with a guy looking over his shoulder every second. Grier and Tannenbaum have to go. Does Ross have the balls to fire him though?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    joenhre and SkapePhin like this.
  4. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Oh but goofball Ross thinks Tannenbaum is a football genius.

johngarry likes this.
  5. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

T-Baum certainly doesn’t deserve to be fired at this point.

6. goonies

goonies A True Fan

The day the dolphins have an elite Gm will be the day we will be bk.

joenhre likes this.
  7. dnespins

dnespins Smokin' n Jokin' Finheaven VIP

this roster is not as bad as our inept coaching makes it look. granted, its not great, but there are several nfl coaching staffs that could be competitive with this team

8. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Who hired him?

joenhre likes this.
  9. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

No objections here.

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

3 years (4 if you include his consulting year) and the o-line is still ****, secondary is still ****, lb corps is still ****, and we have a bunch of mediocre (AT BEST) high draft picks. And a bunch of **** contracts and **** trades. Tbum blows.

tctc100fl, Danny, LouPhinFan and 6 others like this.
  11. dnespins

i agree the o line is ****. but the scheme on both sides is so piss poor its not even competitive.

yeah tbum is ****.

Avigatorx likes this.
  12. Gonzo

How do you scheme **** UDFA LBs and an overrated LB like Kiko into being competitive? How do you scheme a secondary with one good player and no FS into being good? Burke isn't great, but I have to give him at least some benefit of the doubt (not much), as he's been given mostly ****.

Of course, he does manage to **** up what should be a damn good D-line.

13. dnespins

dude we play such an elementary defensive scheme. get SOS he'll break it down for you. the wide 9 double A gap stuff..how many teams still even do that? thats our base ****. when is the last time you saw an opposing offense call a time out on offense because of an unfamiliar look they got from our D? its too easy man. carolina drew up that wr screen and when we showed double A blitz, cam audibled and they clowned us for a 40 yard TD. the entire league was laughing at matt burke.

14. Gonzo

Yes, I know, and we play it with Pop Warner level players due to ****ty personnel management. Wade Phillips wouldn't be able to get much out of these guys. It wouldn't be as bad, but it certainly wouldn't be good. Even the best coaches need a little talent to work with at this level.

15. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

If Tannenbaum isn't fired, then the biggest issue on this team is Ross because he's an incompetent owner.

The biggest issue with this team right now is that it's full of overpaid, undisciplined, and untalented players. We give big contracts to mediocre players who make bonehead plays. We don't build a competent line around the most important position. We keep putting band aids at LB. We completely ignore the safety position. We trade away players or lose good players for little to no value. This roster is a mess and that's on the GM.

It doesn't excuse the coaching and the scheme, but it's an issue.

joenhre and Snoop like this.
  16. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

Then grab your brown paper bags and protest outside of the facility like we did for Ireland. Better start now. It took a couple years of that **** till Ross finally did it.

Make signs that say fire him or sell the team. Take it to the games too. You guys are the ones who can make change. I can only write a letter.

Gaze needs another year and if we adddress the root cause of the problem then they'll know what to do with Gase should he continue not performing.

17. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I've hated the T-Bomb hire since day 1. He can take Grier's azz with him when he goes.

18. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

Best time to get a real GM is now when the team is going to have a top 10 pick. Can't afford to let Tannenbaum waste these picks,

19. kellyh3034

kellyh3034 Scout Team

I agree.

20. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

By Jove! I think you've got it!

21. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

absolutely. priority 1.

but I also think Gase isn't the one. He doesn't hold his staff accountable because some heads should be rolling for the preparation and lack of adj we haven't seen all year. Zero progress. It's easy to axe a player but doesn't seem to be the same for staff who stinks up the place. Unless there's a video surfacing and a resignation they are safe.

joenhre likes this.
  22. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I hate Tannebuam! But we cannot continue to dump the FO then 2 years later dump the coaching staff. Next change needs to be everyone! Hire a new FO and Coaching team that are built together.

joenhre and Ryan1973 like this.
  23. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Never should've been hired to begin with. Ross is the opposite of a football guy. Way more questionable decisions than good calls. Bleck.

joenhre likes this.
  24. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Look at top notch professional sports organizations. The Patriots, Yankee's(before George died), The Steelers(before Rooney died), Penske Racing, Hendrick Racing, etc..... Look at those owners, look at the culture they build. Then look at Ross in the owners box slurping soup wearing a bib.

Avigatorx and BobDole like this.
  25. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

TB has done a better job than Gase
    But I want them all gone

26. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

Yep. Time for MT to leave. The trades, drafts, and signings realistically have been rubbish. Sadly.

And I believed in him...

27. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

of course. The Jets grim reaper, his puppet GM and every single scout should be fired. But it obviously wont happen and if it did they would somehow manage to find someone within the organisation to promote yet again

gofins60 likes this.
  28. Asicswrg85

Asicswrg85 A True Fan

I like Grier but would be fine with Tannebaum leaving

29. stephins87

stephins87 Well-Known Member

This only works if the owner does a proper house cleaning. GM, head coach, assistants, and scouts. Even the waterboys have to go

gofins60 and Avigatorx like this.
  30. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

Exactly! No more forced marriages. It doesn't work.

HeyHoLet'sGo and gofins60 like this.
  31. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Coaching doesn't cause the OT to lineup to far back causing an illegal formation for two weeks in a row now. Last week it was James, this week Tunsil. I was standing on the field and saw Branch lined up offside and was looking at the ref to see if he would reach for his flag...those sneaky refs don't tip anything off...he reached for the flag as soon as the ball was snapped.

Coaching can't fix the stupidity of the roster. A lot of stupid stuff going on and that's beside the horrible accuracy and ball placement of Jay Cutler....oh man did he miss a lot of throws to WRs that were wide open...I hadn't seen our WRs that open in a long time and he missed them. I missed the Drake run cause I started focusing on the O-line play. I thought Larsen played well but Tunsil is awful. Branch uses a bull rush 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time he tried to speed rush around the edge, he was stonewalled all night and we gave that a huge contract. Couldn't understand why Harris didn't play more Branch played too many snaps for a guy who's so ineffective. Kiko was another bad contract...I tried to tell everyone but too many on here thought that was a good signing. The only CB that's in position to make a play, once in a while, is McCain. Howard and Tankersley are always late getting to the ball. Underneath coverage is non-existent. Don't know if that's scheme or just plain lack of talent at linebacker but Carolina had a WR open on every play and most of the time it was the underneath WR. I can tell you offensively the plays are fine, the execution is horrible. O-line is trash and so is the current QB. They left a lot of plays on the field.

Edit: Just going to leave this here for the "Howard is awesome and Tannebaum hit the nail on the head with that pick" crowd.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Danny and SkapePhin like this.
  32. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Adam Gase vouched for Jermon Bushrod. Adam Gase vouched for Julius Thomas and Jay Cutler.
    Adam Gase led the charge to get rid of Jay Ajayi. These are some of the many bad personnel changes that Gase played a significant hand in, and yet people want to talk about Mike Tannebaum.

Mike Tannebaum and Chris Grier are being casted as scapegoats for what is looking like a very mediocre coach. A mediocre coach with the ego of an accomplished one.

stephins87 likes this.
  33. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Unless we bring in Peyton as GM ... him and Gase have a great relationship.

34. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Dumping Tannenbaum is not going to fix what’s wrong with this team. I think many forget that Gase signed off on the OL which is a huge problem. All will be back in 2018 but if it continues next year, all need to go.

Kdawg954 likes this.
  35. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Can we all agree that he's at least an improvement from Ireland?

I know that's like comparing a pile turd vs. a pile of turd with cherries on top, but just trying to give some perspective.

I hate Tannebaum but he's one of many things wrong with this team.

36. datruth55

I bet you defended Jeff Ireland too when people said he was trash.

Gase is at fault for some of the personnel issues, no doubt. But the majority of the problem still lies with this front office. They thought Tunsil was a franchise LT...he is not. They thought Kiko Alonso was a center piece LB, he is not. They thought Branch was an outstanding DE, he is not. They drafted Howard, how many picks does he have? How many has he come close to getting? How's Charles Harris doing? Pretty good, great pass rusher with one sack...oh wait, defense was built to play with a lead right? That must be why on 3rd and long they can't get off the field. So Gase is responsible for 4 or 5 players....the other 48 or 49 are on Tannenbaum and Grier.

37. datruth55

No he is not. In 2012 I rated all the GMs in the league based on their draft picks....Tannenbaum was 2nd to last. Only better than Smith the GM of the Jags at the time...who was by far the worst GM the world has ever seen.

randomname likes this.
  38. randomname

randomname A True Fan

He's not worse than Ireland. They are both absolutely terrible GMs but Ireland was a terrible GM who stockpiled picks and money that would inevitably be used on bums, and Tannenbaum is an even worse GM who mortgages all your money and draft picks on even worse bums so your organization will stay in a hole for years to come. The longer this cancer stays with the team, the more years it will take for the next GM to even start fixing things.

gofins60 likes this.
  39. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Wrong. But don't trip on your cape while you're trying to save Gase lol

40. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I think even Dennis Hickey was better. He could actually spot talent even if he was lacking in other areas. He is the head college scout for the Bills now and they had a pretty good draft.

Tannenbaum does nothing other than dish out crazy contracts to mediocre players and throw around draft picks like he's at Cheetahs.

gofins60 likes this.