Get rid of Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. randomname

randomname A True Fan

Hickey was the best GM we've had in over a decade.

When I saw Ross bring in that snake Tannenbaum to "work with" Hickey I knew we were screwed even though everybody was trying to claim how they would work together well and what-not. What a joke.

The most depressing part is knowing that this won't be a quick fix either. It will take multiple years after Ross finally decides to get rid of this scumbag for the team to have any shot of rebuilding properly because he constantly throws our future out the window to try to make it look like he's doing his job.

2. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

He's really and truly the biggest issue with this organization right now. He's an idiot that doesn't have a clue.

tctc100fl likes this.
  3. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

I'm not saving Gase so....cape intact. SUPPAMAN LIVES!!!

Jerrysanders likes this.
  4. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

T-Bum works for New England. He ruin the Jets and now us. Get Payton Manning here immediately

5. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

The curse of Mike Tannenbaum is alive and well. He has somehow convinced Stephan Ross, that he can do the job of a REAL GM. His power play has turned this franchise into the laughing stock of the NFL. I knew deep down, when they signed Suh to that huge contract, things weren’t going to turn out well. It came at a time when key decisions were needed to be made on other young players who’s contracts needed to be addressed. His decisions have put the team in cap hell with an aging defense and an offense that can’t get out of its own way. All those big contracts on the defense and they play like they don’t care. It’s too much for me to handle, watching this chit show called the Miami Dolphins, or the Mike the Bum show. Couple that with a coach who thinks he’s gods gift to the NFL and you get this crap.

johngarry likes this.
  6. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Tannenbaum gave up a 4th to move up 4 spots in the 2nd round for this guy.

And then since his 4th was gone when he moved up in the 3rd for Carroo he had to offer a 3rd and 4th from next year. Outstanding work.

Jerrysanders, johngarry and SkapePhin like this.
  7. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

The mismanagement of the draft is the main reason why I want him gone. He seems to hold little value for picks, using them as chips to move around. It’s better to get as many picks as possible and just take BPA. Numbers work in your favor that way.

8. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

long. past. due.

9. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Fired him? He should have never been hired in the first place

Ozzy rules!!

johngarry likes this.
  10. dolfan25

dolfan25 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Ross is loyal to a fault when it comes to his executives. Ireland is a perfect example. I want Tannenbaum gone but I don't think we'll see it, unfortunately. I also think Tannenbaum's lips have an air tight seal on Ross's scrote

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Until Ross is gone, we won't see much winning. He's inept in his football hiring.

12. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

He is a senior college scout that was hired "after" the draft in Buffalo.

And his claim to fame is Jarvis Landry. The rest of that draft was meh. Even James as a top 20 RT was as safe as you get. Billy Turner? Arthur Lynch? Walt Aikens? Jordan Tripp? Matt Hazel?

He certainly is more of a "personnel guy" than Tannenbaum but he wasn't very good either. He just wasn't a GM type, he is better suited in a "scout" role.

Call me crazy, Chris Grier has done a good job with personnel. The defense has more young potential than it has seen in nearly a decade and that is where we need our GM to be strong . . . In the draft. He has done what he can to appease Adam Gase and his offense. Sure verdict still out on a few guys but it isn't the dumpster fire we have seen in the past.

Problem right now is we have a pathetic offense due to the QB/coach combo/playbook and the defense has pretty much folded when the game seems too much to overcome. I bet there is a lot more going internally than we know

Even the contracts dished out, they all were given as two year deals essentially while the team attempts to get younger in the draft.

We can sit here and blame Tannenbaum but at least these recent drafts and UDFA's have guys on the field contributing, which is more than I can say for a lot of other previous drafts.

13. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Is it 2012? I could have sworn I woke up to 2017 today.

Ireland drafted Pat White in the 3rd round.... I rest my case.

14. DolfinJohnNY

DolfinJohnNY Active Member

Wasn't WHITE a 2nd rounder?

15. datruth55

Tannenbaum drafted Vernon Gholston with the 6th overall pick...I rest my case.

But for good measure. Traded away 4 draft picks to move up and get Mark Sanchez and ended up with just 3 picks in that whole draft (something he has a habit of doing...giving away draft picks)
    Took Quinton Coples with the 16th overall pick and then draft Stephen Hill with the 2nd round pick of that draft all because the guy ran 4.3 at the combine even though the tape screamed that the WR couldn't run routes or catch the ball consistently. Coples didn't even fit the Jets scheme. Pat White was a horrible pick and I would have fired the whole front office after that pick but at least Pat White was supposedly brought in as the wildcat QB...there was a reason behind it.

The other thing is that Ireland, while horribly inept at picking players, didn't blow the cap. Tannenbaum has already left us with no cap saving in just two years.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    lurking and randomname like this.
  16. datruth55

Yes he was. And drafted higher than Chad Henne was the year before.

17. DolfinJohnNY

DolfinJohnNY Active Member

A SECOND rounder for a gadget play. GREAT F'N move tuna!!!

18. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Jaguars traded a 6th for a stud DT, Tannenbaum traded a 5th for a LB that can't even get on the field. Completely inept.

19. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

The bigger issue with Tannenbaum is how his decisions impact the ability to assess everyone else.

Is Grier a puppet? How many decisions have truly been his? Would he have drafted/signed differently?

How bad is Gase? Needing to cut players mid-year in consecutive years to change the culture. Are these truly his picks? Would he have built the team differently? Is he compensating in his coaching for have crap players and is making him look bad?

Listen, a coach can call a masterful game. But if the players don't execute, how would you know?

Does he really have control of his team or is there some leveraged relationships he must swallow because of overpaid contacts or other player/FO relationships?

I think the most disgusting thing in all of this is how documented MT's past and tendencies were, yet we hired him anyway. He is who we KNEW he was.

And, like all businesses, the first and last word lies at Ross' feet. It's on you Ross.