Getting Clvd's #33 pick may be huge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting Clvd's #33 pick may be huge

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm generally not a fan of trading back, especially when a great player falls to you ala Earl Thomas and trade down. But, if we traded back in the first and got both of Cleveland's 2nd rounders, which includes the first pick of day two, I think that selection may be a big deal for a team looking to grab one of the QBs left. Generally the first pick of day 2 holds more weight than other picks. Kizer, Webb, and Mahomes may still be available. It could be an even bigger trade down than selling our 22nd pick. Trading back using the 33rd pick would definitely get us another teams 2nd rounder, a 4th and next years 1st rounder. So it would be 3 second rounders this year and 2 first rounders next year. And odds are that first next year would be from a bad team, netting us a top 10 pick !! Any thoughts ???

That's only if Cleveland doesn't take a QB at 12...or trade up to 5. Cleveland is who I would want to do business with in that case...they have the draft capital.

Then we look at teams behind us that want a QB before a team like Houston is on the clock.

As this is just pure speculation I am moving this to the draft forum. We already have more than enough threads about trading with the Browns

I'm not sold on Cleveland drafting a QB at 12, although what do I know. Considering they have the picks to trade back into the first round, as they seem to do every year, they may attempt to do it again.

It's almost like this same exact thing has been discussed before....

not sure we would pick up all that from going to 22 to 33

Back
Top Bottom