Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WwaL_JbSV3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwaL_JbSV3E[/video]

[video=youtube;Hejt2bDoYto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hejt2bDoYto[/video]

[tweet]816565506236817410[/tweet]

Enjoy.

After viewing the Game Changers video, I like our draft selection of Charles Harris more and more. "Black Ice" comes from Mizzou, a university with a recent track history of producing good pass rushers (e.g. Aldon Smith, Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Shane Ray, etc) and he was the player our designated, highly compensated in-house experts wanted when offers to move down were on the table. Time will tell if he succeeds but this appears to check all the right boxes as an intelligent and logical draft selection in a position of future need.
Charles sounds a little underweight at 253 lbs, but we have the dietician, strength and conditioning personnel who can get him a little bigger. The other thing I like is that we had a close look at some other pass rushers, e.g. TJ Watt, Takk McKinley, Jordan Willis, Taco Charlton and others who were also available when we made this Draft selection - i.e. our GM, Chris Grier and our other experts consciously preferred to take Harris when other very good players at this position were available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't watch the draft, just finding out about drafting Harris now. I have been saying for a while now that I would be happy if we took any number of guys and Harris is one of them. He has some work to do, no doubt about it, but I think there is some upside.

After viewing the Game Changers video, I like our draft selection of Charles Harris more and more. "Black Ice" comes from Mizzou, a university with a recent track history of producing good pass rushers (e.g. Aldon Smith, Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Shane Ray, etc) and he was the player our designated, highly compensated in-house experts wanted when offers to move down were on the table. Time will tell if he succeeds but this appears to check all the right boxes as an intelligent and logical draft selection in a position of future need.
Charles sounds a little underweight at 253 lbs, but we have the dietician, strength and conditioning personnel who can get him a little bigger. The other thing I like is that we had a close look at some other pass rushers, e.g. TJ Watt, Takk McKinley, Jordan Willis, Taco Charlton and others who were also available when we made this Draft selection - i.e. our GM, Chris Grier and our other experts consciously preferred to take Harris when other very good players at this position were available.
T.J Watt would have been a better option.

Watched his announcement of leaving Missouri and you can see how our staff loves this guy.

Is he going to be able to stay healthy? Both labrums gave been surgically repaired and that is often a long term problem for guys who had shoulder surgery.

I believe they said he had the slowest 60 yard drill time at the combine and had an awful vertical and long jump. I know he sort of plays like Wake and he certainly appears to be extremely athletic so the combine numbers are scary. I wonder how much time he puts in at the gym and doing core strength work. Hopefully they get him in and have him shadow Cam to learn how to workout and play like him.

I'm cautiously optimistic about him but I think I would have rather taken a chance on Watt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets see here:

Durability: Started every game as a Junior and Senior
High character: Unlikely you will ever have to worry about this kid off the field
Room to improve/Less Wear and Tear: Just started playing football his Junior year of high school.
Tape: Doesn't lie . . . Has shown to be arguably the best pass rusher in the entire draft.
Hard worker: He wants this and will do everything he can to get it. Put him around Wake and enjoy.

He is everything you could want at 22 and I just find it funny that people are up in arms about this pick because it isn't a sexy name like a Troubled Alabama LB or a combine warrior from KState or another OL.

If u are beating New England you better get Brady to the ground. Nobody can do it better than this guy day 1.

Refreshing coming off the polar opposite pick in Dion Jordan.

Good job FO.

I've had mixed emotions about Charles Harris only because he's a liability against the run right now. But when I look at him and his tape that's available online it's obvious that he has one of the quickest first steps that Ive seen. And that is saying something because I was absolutely in love with Vic Beasley at one time because of his quick burst off the ball. Another thing that stands out about Charles Harris is that spin move of his, reminds me a lot of Dwight Freeney. Needless to say all I could ask for is this guy to come in and play his ass off. To be honest I was hoping for a player that was more well-rounded and a more complete player than Charles Harris happens to be right now. But I'll take what he has to offer because it's dynamic. I remain hopeful that he'll round out his game and become a more complete player as he grows into his role in the NFL.

Charles Harris looks good, but he doesn't seem like an every down DE. You don't take a situational guy in Round 1. We already have Wake, Branch and Hayes....this wasn't really a necessity. Sure, he's good....and he may get 10+ sacks a season, but we Rueben Foster was there and that was a much needed position for us. I'm not worried about OG, because I think Dan Feeney will fall since he's a ZBS guy.

g2zc2dU.jpg

A bad combine to boot...
onetrickpony.png

Charles Harris looks good, but he doesn't seem like an every down DE. You don't take a situational guy in Round 1. We already have Wake, Branch and Hayes....this wasn't really a necessity. Sure, he's good....and he may get 10+ sacks a season, but we Rueben Foster was there and that was a much needed position for us. I'm not worried about OG, because I think Dan Feeney will fall since he's a ZBS guy.

I cant take you seriously. "sure he may get 10 sacks" LOL did you even realize what you just said.. a rookie with 10 sacks wouldnt be good enough?

Wake is 35. He can get nicked up week 1 and we are screwed with ZERO pass rush. Season over.

You have Timmons and Kiko and possibly a 2nd rounder for LB's...

Cant fix the entire D in one pick. If you took LB in Round 1, and wake gets hurt, what then? Branch is your best pass rusher..

Was a good pick. You dont pass on a top 2 pure pass rusher. Id prefer a guy to have to develop run D instead of developing a pass rush..

It is more of a need than LB in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom