Giants after Madison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants after Madison

Basileus777

Starter
Reaction score
Cornerback Sam Madison, a nine-year veteran who was released by the Dolphins last week, visited the Giants yesterday and took a physical, according to a team official. Madison arrived in the morning and left early in the afternoon.
General manager Ernie Accorsi declined comment when asked about the negotiations and Madison's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return several phone messages.

Madison, who turns 32 in April, could be the first player added to fill such voids. However, he is no longer the shutdown corner who had 20 interceptions combined in 1998-2000. In fact, Miami cut him even though he was willing to take a pay cut.
The Giants would like to add Madison at a discounted rate. With Will Allen likely to leave once free agency begins, Corey Webster entering his second year and Will Peterson's health uncertain, a player like Madison could be a reliable third corner and possibly a starter.

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/114171404371310.xml&coll=1

Madison a backup on the Giants poor secondary? He is better than any corner on that team. The article says the Giants are after Arrington too, they could use some linebacker help. It would be interesting to see him back with Pierce.

Madison should be the #1 corner over there, personally I wouldn't mind seeing him with Surtain again on the Cheifs. That would be a better situation for him than with the Giants.

AquaInferno said:
Madison should be the #1 corner over there, personally I wouldn't mind seeing him with Surtain again on the Cheifs. That would be a better situation for him than with the Giants.

I would love to have him here, if we can afford him. Now that Warfield has been cut it is much more likely that we sign a free agent CB, so it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom