Giants cut Bradshaw

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BJJKID, Feb 7, 2013.

1. BJJKID

BJJKID Rookie

Since we were not looking to retain Bush anyway, why not throw some cash at Bradshaw and team him with Lamar Miller? That would enable us to trade Odrick and Daniel Thomas to move up in the draft, get that elite pass rusher we need so badly.

2. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I knew a post would show up on Bradshaw.

But I think it would be a big waste of money. He was a classic system running back, and he's injury prone. No sense in overpaying for a smallish back on the back end of his career

3. twofactor23

twofactor23 Well-Known Member

I have plenty of friends who are Giants fans and they say he really isn't worth it and they are glad to see him go.

4. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Can't see how two years ago we were in the running for him and he was, if I'm not mistaken, one of our primary targets in FA. Now we lose Bush and have a tandem of Mller and Thomas and we have no need for him? We didn't sign him because he was to costly, doubt that's the case now.

Only problem I see is he will probably want to start and from the way it sounds the job is Miller's to lose. Id rather spend the money elsewhere.

5. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

If you can get him for a good price, it's probably worth it. I absolutely wouldn't over pay for him. The minute you see a bidding war on the horizon, bow out and move on.

6. BJJKID

BJJKID Rookie

Agreed, no bidding war. Tail end of his career? He's 26. As far as injuries, I cannot argue on that front. I just see him as more explosive than anyone we have in house or prospectively do.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

He was vital to both SB runsm that's a case of a teams fans trying to make excuses when they lose a player. his biggest issue is durability but when he's on the field he produces, he will only be 27 this season and doesn't have a ton of carries.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he's got a degenerative condition in one of his feet if i recall that correctly...in other words it's not going away...got something i just can't remember exactly what that when i read it i was like that's some dicey stuff...probably why he signed so cheap with the giants when he resigned a few years ago

9. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

He doesn't have a ton of carries because his feet have been injured for 4 years straight. I would take him on a flyer, very very little guaranteed and the rest based on games played. 1-2 years max. I would rather sign Steven Jackson for the record if he's not resigned, for the record.

10. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

i think i heard the same thing. if thats the case, real risky pickup depending on what hes looking for

11. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The nature of his injury causes concern (nagging, foot, plays on it injured), and while I do like the idea of a Miller, Bradshaw backfield the contract would have to be right for me to feel comfortable.

12. cuban_refugee

cuban_refugee Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

Damaged goods!

13. twanderer

twanderer FinHeaven VIP

we're losing Reggie Bush?

14. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Back end of his career...He's 26 years old for God's sake
    Injury prone...12 games in 6 years?

15. theedge55

theedge55 Rookie

I know what some of you are thinking, and I'm saying. Don't Even Think About It!!!!!!

16. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

How does just plain no sound?

17. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

The Giants are a well run organization. If they cut bait with someone, that is a sign that they are not worth anything. I would leave him alone. A running back with bad feet is a bad investment.

18. DudeWithSwag

DudeWithSwag Member

Hopefully we can keep reggie at a cheaper price.

19. JRM72180

JRM72180 Rookie

I say pass on him.

20. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2...ry-interested-in-playing-for-miami/#more-7897

I would kick the tires on Bradshaw for cheap. Maybe a two year deal worth about $2-3 million per year.

I still think we need a verteran back and Bradshaw could serve as a good 3rd down back until Miller gets the blocking down.

21. PJack

PJack A True Fan

I had not heard anything about a degenerative condition, though he is certainly prone to foot injuries. I heard somewhere on local news (I from the Northeast) he had surgery to have screw inserted into the bone and a second surgery to have a larger screw put in. From what I understood, he should be good to go for next year.

I also recall he's been arrested 2-3 times and has served limited time in prison going back to '08 or '09. He was also in the same party where Burgess shot himself. Certainly something that would lower your FA value the last time around. Best I can tell he's been clean from a legal standpoint for the last few years, but not sure he's the clean cut fit that we keep hearing Philbin likes.