Giants cut Bradshaw | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants cut Bradshaw

BJJKID

Rookie
Reaction score
Since we were not looking to retain Bush anyway, why not throw some cash at Bradshaw and team him with Lamar Miller? That would enable us to trade Odrick and Daniel Thomas to move up in the draft, get that elite pass rusher we need so badly.

I knew a post would show up on Bradshaw.

But I think it would be a big waste of money. He was a classic system running back, and he's injury prone. No sense in overpaying for a smallish back on the back end of his career

I have plenty of friends who are Giants fans and they say he really isn't worth it and they are glad to see him go.

Can't see how two years ago we were in the running for him and he was, if I'm not mistaken, one of our primary targets in FA. Now we lose Bush and have a tandem of Mller and Thomas and we have no need for him? We didn't sign him because he was to costly, doubt that's the case now.

Only problem I see is he will probably want to start and from the way it sounds the job is Miller's to lose. Id rather spend the money elsewhere.

If you can get him for a good price, it's probably worth it. I absolutely wouldn't over pay for him. The minute you see a bidding war on the horizon, bow out and move on.

Agreed, no bidding war. Tail end of his career? He's 26. As far as injuries, I cannot argue on that front. I just see him as more explosive than anyone we have in house or prospectively do.

I have plenty of friends who are Giants fans and they say he really isn't worth it and they are glad to see him go.

He was vital to both SB runsm that's a case of a teams fans trying to make excuses when they lose a player. his biggest issue is durability but when he's on the field he produces, he will only be 27 this season and doesn't have a ton of carries.

he's got a degenerative condition in one of his feet if i recall that correctly...in other words it's not going away...got something i just can't remember exactly what that when i read it i was like that's some dicey stuff...probably why he signed so cheap with the giants when he resigned a few years ago

He doesn't have a ton of carries because his feet have been injured for 4 years straight. I would take him on a flyer, very very little guaranteed and the rest based on games played. 1-2 years max. I would rather sign Steven Jackson for the record if he's not resigned, for the record.

he's got a degenerative condition in one of his feet if i recall that correctly...in other words it's not going away...got something i just can't remember exactly what that when i read it i was like that's some dicey stuff...probably why he signed so cheap with the giants when he resigned a few years ago

i think i heard the same thing. if thats the case, real risky pickup depending on what hes looking for

The nature of his injury causes concern (nagging, foot, plays on it injured), and while I do like the idea of a Miller, Bradshaw backfield the contract would have to be right for me to feel comfortable.

I knew a post would show up on Bradshaw.

But I think it would be a big waste of money. He was a classic system running back, and he's injury prone. No sense in overpaying for a smallish back on the back end of his career

Back end of his career...He's 26 years old for God's sake
Injury prone...12 games in 6 years?

I know what some of you are thinking, and I'm saying. Don't Even Think About It!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom