Giants Release, Arrington, Emmons, Petitgout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants Release, Arrington, Emmons, Petitgout

brandon27

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I think the Fins would do great to sign Arrington. At this point he can't demand big money and the pickup would add to an already great linebacking corp.

Hilarious. Didnt Lavar want the 55 million that Peterson got last year? Thank god Saban didnt give him that contract. Oh poor Lavar, you held out for the most money possible last year and now you are back in the free agent market in WORSE condition than you were last year. Hes going to need to sign a min contract with incentives and stay healthy and produce to get paid.

Personally, I love it when players are so greedy and want more than they deserve and something like this happens to them.

Before anyone asks, Petigout is NOT our answer at LT. He was good for at least 2 false starts and 2 holding penalties a game. Although he was a starter, he isnt an upgrade over McIntosh and he was on IR to end the season.

Lavar stinks now, Emmon sis ok. Miami would be wise to look at petitgout, you need big time OL help and he is an injury risk but I think he'd be a worthy gamble for you- I hope you don't get him.

Before anyone asks, Petigout is NOT our answer at LT. He was good for at least 2 false starts and 2 holding penalties a game. Although he was a starter, he isnt an upgrade over McIntosh and he was on IR to end the season.

he's absolutely an upgrade. He's a risk but w/ your poor Ol you will need to take risks.

The Oline has a lot of holes, but we cant fill those holes with patchwork and mediocre players and expect it to get better. We need to get a LT through the draft and because of his injury concerns, Petigout isnt an upgrade. The last thing we need is another Olineman with injury concerns. Injuries killed our oline last year (and bad play).

The Oline has a lot of holes, but we cant fill those holes with patchwork and mediocre players and expect it to get better. We need to get a LT through the draft and because of his injury concerns, Petigout isnt an upgrade. The last thing we need is another Olineman with injury concerns. Injuries killed our oline last year (and bad play).
Injuries didn't kill the line last year it just sucked. Cept for Carey, that's it. Hadnot still has a ton of potential but his blind aggresiveness gets him caught out of position quite a bit.

the reason petitgout was released is because he gets hurt a lot. no matter how much of an upgrade he is, if he cant stay healthy then we dont need him. i'm not sure I would take the chance....

Injuries didn't kill the line last year it just sucked.
Injuries and bad play hurt the Oline last year. Injuries happen to CONTRIBUTE to bad play. What was the starting Oline at the beginning of the season? What was the starting Oline at the end of the season? Injuries cause players to change positions and force backups into the starting lineup. Different positions on the Oline have different responsiblities, different blocking assignments, different pass protection assignments, different run assignments, etc. Usually the best Olines in the NFL are units that play together the entire year and work as one. You cant have that when you have injuries and shuffle the Oline around.

IMO the best oline in the NFL last year was Philadelphia's. They started and ended the season together. You think Philly would have been successful when McNabb went down if Garcia and Westbrook were playing behind a shuffled Oline?

Also when do we start getting tired of bringing in other teams rejects to play Oline here? Who was our best Olineman last year? Where did we get him?

Also when do we start getting tired of bringing in other teams rejects to play Oline here? Who was our best Olineman last year? Where did we get him?
Reject? It'd be a different thing if he just wasn't good but he was a cap casualty not a "reject".

Pettigout would be another Mark Dixon.
Good whenever he's healthy. The problem with Dixon was he was on IR for 3 years straight.

Reject? It'd be a different thing if he just wasn't good but he was a cap casualty not a "reject".
Dont you think if Petitgout was so great that the Giants might have tried a restructure with him to lower his cap number? Its very hard to find a good starting LT and the Giants had probably the worst Olines of all the teams that made the playoffs. Luke's salary for 2007 I believe was 5 million....... compared to what starting LT's make in the NFL, thats really not that bad. (for comparison, after bonuses I believe Jeno James is making 4 million, so 5 million for a LT isnt that bad at all) The problem probably lies within his injury. I wouldnt mind paying a quality starting LT 5 million a year, but not someone like Petitgout who commits a lot of penalties and has major injury concerns.

My knock on the guy is that he flinches too much on the line, causing a bunch of false starts and holding penalties.

We already have someone who sets us back a bunch of yards; his name is Daunte Culpepper. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom