Giants Release Kerry Collins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants Release Kerry Collins

Destination Arizona, Dallas, San Francisco, or one of many other teams.....you can bet it won't be long before someone picks him up.....

Arizona's my bet.

Denny Green is a respected coach and he has a 1 pro bowl, 1 #3 overall pick and 1 #18 overal pick from the last two years at WR.

I kind of feel sorry for the guy, it seems that since he arrived in NY, he has done well when the defensive unit stays in the TOP 5 in Points Allowed.

In 2000 the team went 12-4 while the defense was ranked # 5 in PA...
In 2002 the team went 10-6 while the defense was ranked # 3 in PA...

But-
In 2001 the team went 7-9 while the defense was ranked # 17 in PA...
In 2003 the team went 4-12 while the defense was ranked # 29 in PA...

Those same 4 years the offensive rankings in Points Scored have been # 15 (00), # 21 (01), # 22 (02), and this past year, its worst as # 30= TOTAL TEAM MELTDOWN...

IMHO, Kerry could not carry the team on his back, when its defensive team failed him most of the year. If he would have had the defensive effort that D. Bledsoe had in Buffalo, the Giants would have had a better season...

Last edited by a moderator:
He could also go to Oakland or Chicago...I'm sure Lovie would like to have him start for a year or two to allow grossman more time...

I think Collins will end up with the 49ers. I think he could be a good QB for us, but I doubt we will make a run to try to get him.

Jimmy, i did

pro bowl - boldin
#3 overall - fitz
#18 overall - johnson

The best thing would be for him to be a fin.With that said he'll probably be Raider i think.

Back
Top Bottom