Gibbs: Coles-for-Moss trade not likely to happen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gibbs: Coles-for-Moss trade not likely to happen

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Washington Redskins are investigating trading disgruntled wide receiver Laveranues Coles, although coach Joe Gibbs said Saturday nothing is imminent.

Asked about reports that Coles was headed back to the New York Jets for receiver Santana Moss, Gibbs said such a trade "is not very likely, I'd say."

"For us, Laveranues is a very valuable guy and if we can work something out with somebody, that would be fine," Gibbs said at the NFL combine. "If not, he probably will remain a Redskin. Right now, [a trade] is not on the horizon. If we do not work out a trade, we'll go down the road with LC as a Redskin."

Coles, unhappy with his role in the offense despite making 90 catches last year, has asked Gibbs to move him. Coles signed with Washington in 2003 when Steve Spurrier was the coach, leaving the Jets as a restricted free agent when New York refused to match the Redskins' offer.

New York is in the market for a wideout. Coach Herman Edwards on Friday praised Coles, who parlayed a huge third NFL season into his deal with the Skins.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/02/26/bc.fbn.nflcombinenotebo.ap/index.html

_dan24 said:
That's fine by me...

Now what do they do with Moss? I would be pissed if i were him...
Me too. You finally think you are going to leave that crappy Jets team only to find out that you are going to stay. Poor Moss.

Lastnight on Sports Xtra Drew Rosenhaus (Moss' agent) said there's a 50/50 chance of it happening and that it's Coles who is holding it up by asking for too much money.

Back
Top Bottom