Give Wannstedt Credit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Wannstedt Credit

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like to poke fun at Wanny as much as anybody, but I'll give him credit when he does well. I think the alignment of assistant coaches and the temptation to not promote Trestman or Sullivan to OC was a very good move. Wanny knows that this season and his career will likely hinge on the success of the QB and WR position. If we don't improve in those two areas, we will likely have another mediocre season and Wanny will likely be fired.

Having Forester at the top, who happens to be great friends with Tony Wise, gives us two great line coaches who will no doubt be burning the midnight oil this year to whip these young guys into shape. The running backs are not a major problem. They have all responded well to Joel Collier in the past and I think we'll see very little changes with our backs anyway. The key is the O-line and having two great, experienced o-line coaches who really get along well and work well together, is a good thing.

Focusing on the parts of the offense that need help and giving them the attention and the coaching they need makes sense to me. We will use Norv's blueprint of Run Ricky Run and the vertical passing game, which makes me think Feeley has to be the QB in this offense. This is Wanny's year to fail or succeed, so he might as well have control over the offensive plays. I think preparation is the key and with this group we have a much better chance this year.

yeah, I w/have liked Trestman as OC if he c/b just as effective a QB coach as he w/have been under Collier. If wannes call was he needed to stick to getting Feeley up to speed 100% of the time, I am not going to argue w/that. The playcalling was not really a big problem last year,but the lack of blocking and plays made by our 2ndary WRs. Forrester will do fine as long as the OL blocks for RW. Hey, I w/do fine as long as Ricky can run like he did in 2002

good post. I had not considered the positive impact on the Oline. I was happy with the move because I thought Trestman needed to stay with the QB's and Sullivan with the WR's but you have added an extra dimension.

btw, his name is spelled FOERSTER, not forester or whatever, he must have german roots somewhere, because thats a german name, kind of

Back
Top Bottom