Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/290508624395124736

While I think Jets will hire some1 quickly for GM job, they have been getting rebuffed a lot and gone back to some asking them to reconsider

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/290510750261334016

Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

[video=youtube;1D5Sa2Yq-2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g[/video]

:lol: I saw Glazer talking about this on the FOX pregame earlier. :lol:

Even the studio host said he would pass on the job and followed by saying only because I love it here so much while winking. :lol:

There are only 32 of these jobs in the world. They are well paying jobs and everyone in the field aspires to be a GM one day. Yet the Jests cant give the position away. :rotfl1:

Whiny media and average fans don't realize that the Jets are giving careful consideration and being thorough in there search. :rolleyes2:

You can't make this stuff up. The Jets have outdone Al Davis in his final years of the Raiders. Seriously, I don't remember ever seeing any professional franchise this bad. Jets fans should be humiliated their owner is putting them through this. What's pathetic is a few of their fans actually believe the **** Woody is shoveling to them. Morons :lol:

My theory is this...

1. While Rex may not be the reason candidates are turning down the Jets, I have no doubt he's a problem. Remember when we were looking for a GM way back in the day, Wayne Huizenga told all candidates that they would not be allowed to fire Wanny. Pretty much every candidate withdrew their name.

2. The cap situation is just difficult. With how the contracts are set up, unless they can get teams willing to make a trade, they cannot get rid of contracts. If they cut players, they'll have dead space.

My theory is this...

1. While Rex may not be the reason candidates are turning down the Jets, I have no doubt he's a problem. Remember when we were looking for a GM way back in the day, Wayne Huizenga told all candidates that they would not be allowed to fire Wanny. Pretty much every candidate withdrew their name.

2. The cap situation is just difficult. With how the contracts are set up, unless they can get teams willing to make a trade, they cannot get rid of contracts. If they cut players, they'll have dead space.

Rex is the ringmaster, of course he is part of the reason people are turning down the Jets.

Jay Glazer and Rex Ryan are good friends. Rex lets Jay Glazer bring his son into Jets training camp, the only reporter who gets that privilege. Enough said.

Cap problems? They are just going to cut some guys and voila, problem solved. They have no cap problems, a winner for a qb, ,tons of weapons who are really awesome but just got hurt and an awesome coach.

The jets are not a circus, you're just jealous of all their successes as an elite team over the past decade.

Hahahah

Offer me the job!!! I will be sure to make Sanchez the highest paid QB and Tebow the second highest paid QB!

Who would want to go there?

-a d coordinator who can't shut his mouth for a head coach
-the worst starting qb in the league, being paid waaay too much
-a brutal press
-one of the worst cap/talent situations in the league

tht only thing I could see that would entice someone is if woody gave the gm a guaranteed 5 years and the ability to fire Ryan. Woody has shown he is willing to spend.

Here is a rotoworld post. LOL, where can I find the an application for the job?

Jet's can't even give the GM job away

Appearing on FOX NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer said the Jets "can't give the position away" when talking about their general manager vacancy.
"They're calling back candidates who already turned them down," added Glazer. "Their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off." One of those candidates could be 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, who was once considered the odds-on-favorite for the job but may have spurned the Jets. ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned earlier on Sunday that ex-Bears GM Jerry Angelo is a "name to watch."
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/254028/glazer-jets-cant-even-give-the-gm-job-away?rw=1

They should just give it to NYJunc and get it over with.

They're in cap hell because of their previous GM that they just fired. This one guy posted this disturbing fact:

Originally Posted by Don

Ok, one more time..this is why the Jets have a problem...can they get under the cap, of course but at what expense?

The Jets are currently 20 million over the cap..they have 20 free agents who do not count one penny towards that 140 million dollar number (that's why they are free agents)..here's the list:

Yeremiah Bell
Mike DeVito
Braylon Edwards
Nick Folk
Shonn Greene
Lex Hilliard
Dustin Keller
Laron Landry
Brandon Moore
Chaz Schilens
Matt Slauson
Bryan Thomas
Jeff Cumberland
Austin Howard
Joshua Mauga
Tanner Purdum
Dedrick Epps
Isaiah Trufant
Darrin Walls
Jordan White

At least 9 of them started last year..they can cut Tebow, Pace, Scott and both Smiths and get to where they are about 12 million under the cap but now they have to sign 25 new players (20+5) to field a team..and what kind of team will that be when they do?

If you don't think the Jets are in cap hell you are crazy..surprisingly enough several GM candidates do..I wonder why...

Boy am I glad this is not our situation. Jets are serious contenders for first pick overall if this is true.

:lol: I saw Glazer talking about this on the FOX pregame earlier. :lol:

Even the studio host said he would pass on the job and followed by saying only because I love it here so much while winking. :lol:

There are only 32 of these jobs in the world. They are well paying jobs and everyone in the field aspires to be a GM one day. Yet the Jests cant give the position away. :rotfl1:

They need nyjunc to sell the job. 2 AFC championship appearances. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom