GM Chris Grier and EVP Mike Tannenbaum recap the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Chris Grier and EVP Mike Tannenbaum recap the draft

Gotta give it up to these guys, they really hit some value and filled a bunch of holes this year! We wanted defense, and we got it! Still early of course, but this has the makings of one of the best drafts the Miami Dolphins have had in recent memory...at least since I can remember.

Hey FO, about that defensive draft . . .

P4o3lTS.gif

Sounds like they are going to pick up the fifth year option on Ja'Wuan James. I am glad to hear it. I think it was a no brainer of a decision.

It feels great to be an excited, positive fan again after 15 years of pessimism! Gone are the days of incompetence with Wannstache, Fistpump, etc, etc, etc.

:hi5::clap::rob19::305TillIDie:

[video=youtube;tNdZpNUzFIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdZpNUzFIg[/video]

On top of everything else we are now up to ten picks for next years draft. 3 are 7th round picks, but we managed the haul we had the last three days without trading anything away, and in fact adding a bit of ammo for the future. I think Grier has a bit more say managing all of this than people think. And Tannenbaum deserves credit for figuring out when and how to stick his nose in things and when not too. The three headed monster of Gase-Grier-Tannenbaum seems to be working very fluidly and effectively.

On top of everything else we are now up to ten picks for next years draft. 3 are 7th round picks, but we managed the haul we had the last three days without trading anything away, and in fact adding a bit of ammo for the future. I think Grier has a bit more say managing all of this than people think. And Tannenbaum deserves credit for figuring out when and how to stick his nose in things and when not too. The three headed monster of Gase-Grier-Tannenbaum seems to be working very fluidly and effectively.
I agree. It seems our drafts have been ticking upwards in recent years. This level of competence as far as drafting goes, doesn't seem like Tannenbaum. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think Grier has more authority than I thought. Maybe Tannenbaum figured out how to let go of some power, for the benefit of the team.

My favorite line of the press conference:

(Grier being asked about Issac Asiata)
"He's really made himself into a man in how he handles his life, but then on the field, he's a nasty prick. That's what you like about him. He's a tough, physical, nasty mauler, and just wanted to add more of that to us."

Yea i did a double take on the nasty prick description which seemed out of character for our GM

Made me smile :up:

Lamp instead of that reach at 22 and it would have been great

Back
Top Bottom