Go Seahawks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Seahawks

The Sherman hit on Carpenter's knee was as blatent as I've seen. Could have easily stopped and even if he didn't hear the whistle nobody aims straight for the kicker's plant knee.

And on Buffalo's 4th and goal play Sherman knocks Powell the receiver to the ground in the end zone 15 yards from the line of scrimmage and right in front of the ref and no flag was called. You couldn't try harder to get an illegal contact flag and the ref just shook his head no.

I'm glad Seattle won, but those two non-calls were two of the worst I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sherman hit on Carpenter's knee was as blatent as I've seen. Could have easily stopped and even if he didn't hear the whistle nobody aims straight for the kicker's plant knee.

And on Buffalo's 4th and goal play Sherman knocks Powell the receiver to the ground in the end zone 15 yards from the line of scrimmage and right in front of the ref and no flag was called. You couldn't try harder to get an illegal contact flag and the ref just shook his head no.

I'm glad Seattle won, but those two non-calls were two of the worst I've seen.

Both were legal plays by Sherman.

On the FG kick there was no whistle and Sherman touches the ball first which nullifies any roughing penalty.

On the 4th down play, once a QB leaves the pocket DB's are allowed to make contact with the receivers b/c at that point defenders can't ID whether the receiver is blocking or running a route. It's a term called "plastering" the WR and is a commonly coached defensive technique.

Both were legal plays by Sherman.

On the FG kick there was no whistle and Sherman touches the ball first which nullifies any roughing penalty.

On the 4th down play, once a QB leaves the pocket DB's are allowed to make contact with the receivers b/c at that point defenders can't ID whether the receiver is blocking or running a route. It's a term called "plastering" the WR and is a commonly coached defensive technique.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of sherman and how he plays while continuing to bitch, but you can't blame him on either play. The first one was just amateurish ham-fisting by the refs.

Back
Top Bottom