Going ballistic over THIS game is just a little nuts. What would you expect? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going ballistic over THIS game is just a little nuts. What would you expect?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Consider the circumstances before the game:
- Your top two Qbs are injured and you are forced to start your 3rd string QB
- Your starting Center is injured and you are forced to start your 2nd string CT
- Your starting All-Pro left tackle has a separated shoulder and its unclear if he will start
- You have FOUR DAYS to prepare for a TOP 5 NFL defense
Now, consider what happened during just the first half:
- Your starting LT is playing, but essentially he's playing one handed.
- Almost immediately you lose your 2nd string center for the season to injury
- You move an average quality 1st string guard over to play 3rd string center and bring in your second string guard to take his place.
- Just as your best WR (if not best player) makes his best play, you lose him for the rest of the game to injury and now have to start a rookie in that position.
By the beginning of the second half your already devastated offense has to face a top 5 NFL Defense looking like this:
QB - 3rd String
LT - Pro-Bowler with one hand tied behind his back
LG - Rookie
CT - 3rd String
RG - 2nd String
RT - Slighty above AVG Starter
WR - Rookie playing for injured #1

I don't know how ANYONE could reasonably expect anything other than what happened yesterday. I don't even think the mighty Bill Belichick could win that game. Realistically, it could have been a lot worse.

As far as I'm concerned this game is what happened on Thursday night, nothing more. Anyone who was still hoping for playoffs had to know it was a long shot to begin with and should have known we were in trouble to begin with.

Miami has 10 days to heal up and get it together, they are playing for pride now. But I'm afraid that until Henne, Marshall and Berger are all ready to play we can hope to win, but expect to lose.

You're right. if we go into to Oakland with Incognito at center, Thigpen at QB and no Marshall we pretty much have no chance to win.

Its not going ballistic over this game, this was just like the snapping point... the eye opener... the smack in the face to see reality.

You're right. if we go into to Oakland with Incognito at center, Thigpen at QB and no Marshall we pretty much have no chance to win.

3rd String QB, backup center, no marshall, but we still ran the ball 6 times....... eye opener... get rid of the coaching staff, keep and maybe promote Nolan. Everyone else should go.

i would expect this team to at least show up and play with heart. every team has injuries, their is no excuse whatsoever to get shutout in the NFL. NONE. especially at home on prime-time. we did not play a world beater team last night, and despite our injuries, we could have and should have won. we played with no heart, our defense couldn't stop the bears on 3rd down for their lives, and we took incredibly dumb penalties( Marshall)

i am fed up. i might as well tape this season and re-watch it every year, because its the same thing every single year.

Its not going ballistic over this game, this was just like the snapping point... the eye opener... the smack in the face to see reality.
No that was when we played the Patriots.

We should have and could have played better..

Brandon Marshall should have took over but didnt..

Thanks, Hope your 200,000 sports car is driving nice.

I would expect a starting qb in the NFL at least to understand what a pocket is and how far to drop back to execute a wr reverse. I know though, that is asking too much.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

i would expect this team to at least show up and play with heart. every team has injuries, their is no excuse whatsoever to get shutout in the NFL. NONE. especially at home on prime-time. we did not play a world beater team last night, and despite our injuries, we could have and should have won. we played with no heart, our defense couldn't stop the bears on 3rd down for their lives, and we took incredibly dumb penalties( Marshall)

i am fed up. i might as well tape this season and re-watch it every year, because its the same thing every single year.

Now you are getting it!!!

3rd String QB, backup center, no marshall, but we still ran the ball 6 times....... eye opener... get rid of the coaching staff, keep and maybe promote Nolan. Everyone else should go.

We didn't run the ball because running is not our strength this year. Especially with our depleted O'Line facing the league's NUMBER 2 Rush Defense.

Well some people need 2 slaps in the face =)
There have been several in between. LOL at the excuses. This board was pretty much shouting in unison that we would beat Chicago. One poster suggested double digits.

These guys are done. Its over. Ireland and Nolan can stay, but overly loyal Sparano and his band of dopes gotta go.

We didn't run the ball because running is not our strength this year. Especially with our depleted O'Line facing the league's NUMBER 2 Rush Defense.

When you have a 3rd string QB who hasn't started in how long? And wasn't that good when he did start? And you don't even TRY to run? Even the Eagles run the ball more than that.

When you have a 3rd string QB who hasn't started in how long? And wasn't that good when he did start? And you don't even TRY to run? Even the Eagles run the ball more than that.

If we had a Healthy starting O-Line, I would agree with you completely.

I'm not going to use injuries as a excuse. This team has looked like the epitime of mediocre the entire year. If Sparano is brought back next year I will be shocked. Hoping we keep Ireland and let him run the show the way he wants. No need to have old man Parcells looking over his shoulder any longer.

I just wish it was January. I enjoy football but these next few weeks are going to be brutal.

Back
Top Bottom