Good news/bad news from The Sporting News War Room | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good news/bad news from The Sporting News War Room

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Of course, it's not really "news" at all, just commentary. But, The War Room staff predicts us to win the division, while they see the Raiders going to the Super Bowl ... again. :sleep:

For the full article, see below:

Predicting the NFL season

Oakland and TB. Once again, these guys go out on a big limb.

Okay, so we'll the underdog in the playoffs, that won't bother me, but the PAT's in the AFC Championship..Hmmm, I don't know..

and how often have there been a rematches in the SB in back 2 back years :rolleyes: never

Plus, he expects us to win the division but a team we beat in the division to go the championship game? So they would have to beat us in the playoffs at home for that to work. We'd be the number two seed in this scenario. I don't get it

Hey if experts picked the Super Bowl Indy would have three by now and Oakland would be the best team ever.

We need to prove it on the field and not care what people say, good or bad.

Re: Re: Good news/bad news from The Sporting News War Room

Originally posted by dolphan39
and how often have there been a rematches in the SB in back 2 back years :rolleyes: never
To quote Independence Day, "Well sir, that's not entirely accurate."

See Super Bowl XXVII and Super Bowl XXVIII, otherwise known as "The Buffalo Slaughtering Festival" at the hands of the Cowboys.

Originally posted by SoCalRaider
Interesting post. If another team can knock you guys off for us, there might be some accuracy to that.

Yeah , thats the only way you get past us. Lord knows we'd WHIP the gaiders!!!

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Of course, it's not really "news" at all, just commentary. But, The War Room staff predicts us to win the division, while they see the Raiders going to the Super Bowl ... again. :sleep:

For the full article, see below:

Predicting the NFL season

Guys, TSN's "warroom" is written by Gary Horton, and even bigger Jets homer and Phins hater than Prisco. His "power polls" are an exercise in hilarity as Miami usuallu has to have a 2 game lead over the Jets to get the nod over them. It only shows you how strong Miami is if Horton has picked them to take the division over the Jersey...

I dont understand how people can over look the Phins this year... Baring injuring, I think we are without doubt the toughest team in the whole damn league.

There is no sense in pointing out the facts about the improvements to the defense.. It is just so dang tough, I dont think KC could walk over us like they did last year, cold or not, it would be a different game if we could play GB again.. and I dont see a let down at the end of the season as in past.. The confidence level on the D side should be very very high..

On the offensive side, I dont see us as being a "great" ball mover, I would rank it as barely good.. but it will be good enough to score points, keep the defense off the field and if Ricky can run like he did last year.. we can totally control both sides of the ball..

I am not going to say we will.. but you all have to admit, it is possible that we can beat every team we have scheduled this year.. so I just dont see how these so called experts can predict us as not being the number 1 seed in the AFC and not going to the SB..

I guess its a case of the football forecasters are like TV weathermen.. they can be right 60% of the time and still keep their jobs..

Philly will be back with a vengeance and show some really good young players. They have lost some guys, but they look to me like a team that can really do it if Pinkston stays the same and Mitchell emerges in his third season.

I am relieved that we play them at home.

Who cares what anyone says? The games are play on the field and not on paper.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: Re: Good news/bad news from The Sporting News War Room

Original take by dolphan39

Super Bowl XXVII
Dallas 52
Buffalo 17

Super Bowl XXVIII
Dallas 30
Buffalo 13

Re: Re: Re: Good news/bad news from The Sporting News War Room

Originally posted by SoCalRaider

Super Bowl XXVII
Dallas 52
Buffalo 17

Super Bowl XXVIII
Dallas 30
Buffalo 13

And it shouldn't surprise anyone who lost both of those games....

Back
Top Bottom