Good Reddit Thread about defense a SB winning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Reddit Thread about defense a SB winning

Those 2007 Giants; just got hot late in the season, and the football gods would not let the Pats have that undefeated season :)

That's a great list. What really pops out is how low some of the recent defenses have ranked for super bowl champions. From 2006 on, five teams ranked 12 or lower in defense (based on points). Prior to that, only four teams ranked 10th or lower.

Does that mean the game is switching towards offense? I wouldn't go that far, but ith all the rules geared for offense it certainly has changed the way a lot of teams build.

That's a great list. What really pops out is how low some of the recent defenses have ranked for super bowl champions. From 2006 on, five teams ranked 12 or lower in defense (based on points). Prior to that, only four teams ranked 10th or lower.

Does that mean the game is switching towards offense? I wouldn't go that far, but ith all the rules geared for offense it certainly has changed the way a lot of teams build.
It has, but a few of those defenses (Saints a huge example) were turnover makers.

Miami has zero turnover potential on D besides a wake sack strip or a Jones interception. None of our corners, though we don't know enough about X yet, are ballhawks and our FS is manned by a mannequin.

It has, but a few of those defenses (Saints a huge example) were turnover makers.

Miami has zero turnover potential on D besides a wake sack strip or a Jones interception. None of our corners, though we don't know enough about X yet, are ballhawks and our FS is manned by a mannequin.
I would argue Kiko and Maxwell have proven very good at stripping the ball. Also tankersley is always in Good position for an INT. If he plays.

Butt overall I agree our defense is lacking

Without a pass rush, I don't think a team has much of a chance. I mean through two weeks you look at the numbers quarterbacks are putting up. The best ones are easily completing 70 percent plus on their passes. Interceptions are becoming a little more rare for defenses as well, especially against the top qb's.

You've either got to be able to outscore your opponent, or get some players who can rush the passer. That has to be Miami's focus in the draft. Find some pass rushers and build that secondary. I really hope Harris can develop as a pass rushing threat, otherwise you've got to find two more.

Back
Top Bottom