Goodbye to....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye to.......

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Good bye Jay Fiedler,Freeman,Seau,Bowens, and

Surtain :cry:

I'm hoping we can work something out with Pat so he can remain a phin. This might be unrealistic, but I like the guy so Im hoping for a miracle.

minus said:
Good bye Jay Fiedler,Freeman,Seau,Bowens, and

Surtain :cry:
I dont get why Surtain, Freeman and Bowens are on all your lists for offseason departures. If Bowens wants to stay then why not let him? His salary is small for what he provides on the field.

Freeman has played well enough to stay on the team for at least another year. He wont get the 3 mil owed to him but will probably end up with a 1/2 yr deal.

Unless you get comparable value for Surtain....you just cant trade the guy. Im sure he will take a 4 yr extension which would minimize the cap hit for the first couple years.

Seau and Fiddler are gone....though it will be interesting to see how the Seau situation is handled. He will without a doubt want to keep playing.

Seau and Fiedler you can kiss goodbye now. Neither will be returning next season, that's a given.

As for Freeman and Surtain, I actually see them staying while Sam Madison and Sammy Knight get the heave ho.

That's just my guess though. I would love to see both re-structure their contracts and remain in Miami.

Bowens is not gone. With his cleared back he will take a pay cut and start for us again in 2004.

Surtain isnt going anywhere....hes one of the best player on the team we def need him..to let him go would be foolish...i think they need to let madison go...a couple years ago he was one of if not the best corner in the game...as much as i like him as a player his time is up

Madison/Bowens

Miami won't get rid of Madison. They redid his contract before '04 and if they trade/release him they will take too big of a cap hit. Tim Bowens is cleared to play and already said he will restructure his contract to stay with Miami.

What I would love to know is what the hell we were thinking giving Fiedler that kind of contract. Jeez, Wanny had his head up his a** even more than I remembered.

DolfanNJ said:
What I would love to know is what the hell we were thinking giving Fiedler that kind of contract. Jeez, Wanny had his head up his a** even more than I remembered.
The contract made perfect sense. You give the guy 2 years to prove he can be a quality starter. The real question is why after 2 years of mediocrity he was kept around. The answer at that time was that noone else was available.

Back
Top Bottom