Goodell pressuring Miami to make stadium renovations before getting a Superbowl again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell pressuring Miami to make stadium renovations before getting a Superbowl again

Good News. I wish they'd pressure Ross into building a new stadium.

Why is pressuring our billionaire owner into renovating our stadium a bad thing? Someone please remind me....

I tuned in to Goodell's address late but I'm glad I caught the question about Miami hosting future Super Bowls. My impression is Goodell was much more pointed and negative toward Miami's chances than ProFootballTalk indicates in that article. When he said he was confident Miami will host them in the future I think it meant distant future, in another venue.

It wasn't hard to handicap his comments that way. Goodell went out of his way to emphasize the Miami is being left behind, that it's a great site to host the event but the event is growing all the time and will continue to do so, with the league determined to accommodate that growth. He talked about the new wave of superior venues, including Indianapolis.

In other words, Mike Dee's impression that a patched Dolphin Stadium meets the "minimum requirements" to host a Super Bowl is short sighted and moronic. I emphasized that in another thread last night. A commissioner who alters the core of the game in regards to passing rules, expands Thursday night games, hints at London expansion, makes radical changes to postseason overtime rules, moves the kickoff line, penalizes defenders for hits that were ordinary years ago, and has already demonstrated an enthusiasm to take the Super Bowl to new sites regardless of climate is not someone who you apply old standards to evaluate. We're Miami so all we need is a 6-10 stadium. Dee's comments in that Herald presser were among the most ignorant and overmatched in franchise history. If he's fooled, the county commissioners and anyone else with a role in the process will not be.

If the Dolphins want to waste hundreds of millions in plastering an already outdated and always pathetic stadium in a snooze area, let them do it solo. The league will most likely laugh. And tax payers are already chuckling.

This is pretty unfair considering they keep giving New Orleans a Superbowl even though the Superdome remains a dump. Expect Ross to pass the buck to Florida taxpayers. Enjoy!

The Superdome was recently renovated.

The SB rotation should be:

Miami
SD
NO
maybe Houston

Those top 3 should host at least every 4-5 years.

I'm surprised that every Superbowl isn't held at Gillette Stadium since Goodell is in Robert Kraft's pocket. I fricken despise Goodell. The man is a total idiot.

If all goes well w/ the Meadowalnds SB in Feb '14 I guarantee you Gillette will get a SB at some point.

Screw renovations.. Ross needs to demolish that stadium and biuld brand new. Its a DUMP!

Be careful what you wish for. The new Stadiums are a million times worse than what you guys have now. New buildings are built for the corporate fan not the real fans. Your Stadium is a MUCH better football Stadium than ours is and ours is brand new and cost almost $2 billion

I hate Goodell so damn much, but we could use some upgrades. I don't see a new stadium until some more success though

I don't think we need renovations to host a Super Bowl. I would be for it in general but not as a requirement to host the SB.

I don't think we need renovations to host a Super Bowl. I would be for it in general but not as a requirement to host the SB.

Goodell has basically said if you don't upgrade you won't get the SB.

The Superdome was recently renovated.

The SB rotation should be:

Miami
SD
NO
maybe Houston

Those top 3 should host at least every 4-5 years.

SD has the worst stadium in the league. I have seen high school stadiums nicer than Qualcomm.

SD has the worst stadium in the league. I have seen high school stadiums nicer than Qualcomm.

which is why they aren't getting a SB any time soon but if they do renovate again or get a new building like they are trying to they will get SBs regularly.

Qualcomm in San Diego is facing the same issue. About 3 years ago the NFL told San Diego that it would not host another Super Bowl until "The Q" was replaced with a more modern stadium. You think Sun Life needs to be replaced, you should see Qualcomm. That mess is 20 years older than Sun Life! The atmosphere (city, weather, location) is good, but the stadium itself is a clunker in terms of NFL stadiums. It only cost 27 mill at that time, which equates to about 175 mill in 2012 dollars. Problem is the city is facing a cash issue and there have been numerous talks of having the Chargers relocate to the LA area.

I wish we would've kept our history intact by totally refurbishing the Orange Bowl. That place should still be our home, now and forever!! Stupid that our history and team nostalgia was torn down.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Dolphins ended up with a team president and CEO who thinks the word minimum fits nicely into discussion of the Super Bowl, let alone winning a bid to host it.

The Cubans on the Miami Dade City/County Commission are easily bribable...

The Marlins stadium is gonna end up costing the taxpayers of Miami Dade some $2.5 billion over the next 40 years...

Corporate welfare is ok to these owners but helping ordinary folks...not so much...

Back
Top Bottom