Gotta be honest..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta be honest.....

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Jests got hosed in NE. How obvious do the league and the officials have to make it that they want NE to win games.

1) I noticed this LIVE right away. I was on a board consisting of a good deal of Jests fans and for some reason they didnt even acknowledge it. Even after I posted about it several minutes later it was as if they didnt care. I dont get it.....

On that fumbled KO, the clock magically stops at 2:01...... well before the clock should have stopped. In fact I didnt hear a whistle until that thing shouldve been at least at 1:58. The clock operator stopped that thing before you could even tell the Jests gained control of the fumble, but definately before the whistle.

It didnt save much time as NE had 3 TOs, but it certainly saved NE a TO thats for sure. Turns out that was HUGE. Well it was HUGE even before we knew how it would come into play because NE obviously wouldve had to burn them all on the other side of that warning and the Jests make a FG to go ahead by 3.

Now, the game obviously wouldve played out differently so you cant just go with what happened and say the Pats wouldve ran out of time on their drive. Hell, the Pats may have scored a TD to win the game in regulation. But, the point is they wouldve had to burn all of those TOs as opposed to saving an extra one thanks to their clock operator keeping it on the plus side of the 2 minute warning for them.

I will also say this is poor coaching on the part of Rex, as he shouldve pointed out this error to the officials. Having said that, we all know that if he did throw a fit over it, the officials wouldve likely screwed them anyway.

2) That late flag on the PI call was complete bull****. The official standing right beside the play didnt even throw it either. That thing came in from way out. And you know that if that had been Brady with that game ending fumble they wouldve invented a rule to say it was not a fumble. The Jests got hosed. Straight up.

Having said all of that.... **** THE JESTS!

The Jests got hosed in NE. How obvious do the league and the officials have to make it that they want NE to win games.

1) I noticed this LIVE right away. I was on a board consisting of a good deal of Jests fans and for some reason they didnt even acknowledge it. Even after I posted about it several minutes later it was as if they didnt care. I dont get it.....

On that fumbled KO, the clock magically stops at 2:01...... well before the clock should have stopped. In fact I didnt hear a whistle until that thing shouldve been at least at 1:58. The clock operator stopped that thing before you could even tell the Jests gained control of the fumble, but definately before the whistle.

It didnt save much time as NE had 3 TOs, but it certainly saved NE a TO thats for sure. Turns out that was HUGE. Well it was HUGE even before we knew how it would come into play because NE obviously wouldve had to burn them all on the other side of that warning and the Jests make a FG to go ahead by 3.

Now, the game obviously wouldve played out differently so you cant just go with what happened and say the Pats wouldve ran out of time on their drive. Hell, the Pats may have scored a TD to win the game in regulation. But, the point is they wouldve had to burn all of those TOs as opposed to saving an extra one thanks to their clock operator keeping it on the plus side of the 2 minute warning for them.

I will also say this is poor coaching on the part of Rex, as he shouldve pointed out this error to the officials. Having said that, we all know that if he did throw a fit over it, the officials wouldve likely screwed them anyway.

2) That late flag on the PI call was complete bull****. The official standing right beside the play didnt even throw it either. That thing came in from way out. And you know that if that had been Brady with that game ending fumble they wouldve invented a rule to say it was not a fumble. The Jests got hosed. Straight up.

I appreciate that post and i agree, but with that said, i am the type of person that doesnt want to leave it in the hands of the officials. Play the game and put it away so that there is no controversy

New England always gets home cooking at their games. I noticed both of those things also.

Unfortunately, the NFL will never use league employees for scoreboard operation because that would be 16 more folks they have to keep on staff, and they'd never pay for that.

But the amount of time remaining on the game clock should definitely be reviewable.

Yeah I had a hard time sleeping that night after the game...honestly! :up:

I hate NE as much as anyone, but I don't agree. On the KO, the clock did start when it should have. The clock is at 2:06 when he receives the ball, and goes down to 2:05 right before he crosses the 5 yard line. You can not expect the clock to go from 2:06 to 2:05 as soon as he touched the ball. That second has to go by and he has to be in the field of play. If you watch the kickoff return for a touchdown earlier in the game, you will see that the clock is at 8:51 and does not go to 8:50 until he is at the 5 yard line. This is completely normal. You can look up any kickoff return.

The clock is supposed to stop when a player recovers the ball and is down by contact. The Jets player #39 clearly recovers the ball at 2:02, and is touched down at 2:01. That is when the clock should stop. You can't really tell exactly when the official is waving his arms or blowing the whistle, but you can clearly see that the Jets recovered the ball and is being touched by a NE player at 2:01. The clock often does run longer on a play like that, but that does not mean it is supposed to.

It was strange that the PI came from the back judge instead of the one who was closer to the players, but it was still PI.

I don't think the Jets got screwed by the officials. For example, the Jets receiver (Hill) pushed off on a 2nd and 9 play in the 4th from the NE 38 and it was not called. 1st and 10 on the NE 22 is a lot different than 2nd and 29 from the NE 48. That drive led to a TD for the Jets and cut the lead to 3. On NE's very next possession, Lloyd pushes off just like Hill and it gets called this time. That was a drive killer. Those kind of things happen all of the time.

Getting screwed is what happened to GB against Seattle. That was a game ending bad call. Getting screwed is what happened to Mia against Pitt a couple of years ago. That is a game ending bad call.

The clock play and the PI call were the correct calls, but even if they were not, I don't call that getting screwed. Neither of those things would have ended the game. The Jets had the ball on the NE 18 (tie game) with 2:01 left. What more can you ask for. Get a first down and the game is over. They had a chance to keep the game going in OT with just a FG, but fumbled the ball away. Even if NE had not kicked the FG (from the PI call drive), they would have been in FG range after the Jets fumble and would have kicked the game winner. The Jets had plenty of chances and can only blame themselves for the loss.

If they scored TDs instead of FGs, it wouldn't have mattered. Hey, that sounds familiar now that I think about it. Must be a Tony Sparano thing...

If they scored TDs instead of FGs, it wouldn't have mattered. Hey, that sounds familiar now that I think about it. Must be a Tony Sparano thing...

you know our kickers this year have attempted the same # of FGs, right? except we have played 1 more game so you are attempting more per game.

you know our kickers this year have attempted the same # of FGs, right? except we have played 1 more game so you are attempting more per game.

Useless stat and completely situational. Bring me red zone trips and TD/FG percent, and then you'll have a point. More than that, show me playcalls in the redzone. Miami has a talent issue at the skill positions, so trying and failing for touchdowns is different than the Sparano way of 3 runs and a cloud of dust, lest we turn the ball over.

You claim not to be a homer, but here you are, defending every little thing that could even be considered negative in the loosest sense of the word when it comes to the Jets. You are incapable of letting anyone say a word about them without chiming in. Vaark is right. You may not be the biggest homer on the site, but you are definitely top 10...

Useless stat and completely situational. Bring me red zone trips and TD/FG percent, and then you'll have a point. More than that, show me playcalls in the redzone. Miami has a talent issue at the skill positions, so trying and failing for touchdowns is different than the Sparano way of 3 runs and a cloud of dust, lest we turn the ball over.

You claim not to be a homer, but here you are, defending every little thing that could even be considered negative in the loosest sense of the word when it comes to the Jets. You are incapable of letting anyone say a word about them without chiming in. Vaark is right. You may not be the biggest homer on the site, but you are definitely top 10...

I am not a homer at all and you taking advice from the biggest homer on the site is laughable. I am here to tell the truth, there's a lot of jealous nonsense posted and I set the record straight. Our RZ O has been good but you see one game where we have 4 FGs and you assume all we do is play for FGs. only 2 games this year have we attempted 3 or more and both were OT games(one where we attempted #3 in OT and one where we had 4 in regulation) but please spread the lies b/c they will be accepted on here and you can deflect by calling the opposing fan a homer.

I am not a homer at all and you taking advice from the biggest homer on the site is laughable. I am here to tell the truth, there's a lot of jealous nonsense posted and I set the record straight. Our RZ O has been good but you see one game where we have 4 FGs and you assume all we do is play for FGs. only 2 games this year have we attempted 3 or more and both were OT games(one where we attempted #3 in OT and one where we had 4 in regulation) but please spread the lies b/c they will be accepted on here and you can deflect by calling the opposing fan a homer.

I don't think the Jets are playing for FGs, but rather the bad play calling and execution are leading to more FG attempts. Why the Jets threw a slant to Schillens on 3rd and 1 or 2 against NE, I have no idea. The amount of FGs Miami has attempted is meaningless since the Jets have a higher RZ scoring attempt %, while having a slightly lower actual RZ scoring % than Miami. If you are comparing your O to a Dolphins O (and are worse) lead by a rookie head coach, and a rookie QB who has less than stellar receivers to throw to, you know your O has problems.

I think my post with my thoughts on the bad calls got buried on page 1, so I am posting my own quote below.

I hate NE as much as anyone, but I don't agree. On the KO, the clock did start when it should have. The clock is at 2:06 when he receives the ball, and goes down to 2:05 right before he crosses the 5 yard line. You can not expect the clock to go from 2:06 to 2:05 as soon as he touched the ball. That second has to go by and he has to be in the field of play. If you watch the kickoff return for a touchdown earlier in the game, you will see that the clock is at 8:51 and does not go to 8:50 until he is at the 5 yard line. This is completely normal. You can look up any kickoff return.

The clock is supposed to stop when a player recovers the ball and is down by contact. The Jets player #39 clearly recovers the ball at 2:02, and is touched down at 2:01. That is when the clock should stop. You can't really tell exactly when the official is waving his arms or blowing the whistle, but you can clearly see that the Jets recovered the ball and is being touched by a NE player at 2:01. The clock often does run longer on a play like that, but that does not mean it is supposed to.

It was strange that the PI came from the back judge instead of the one who was closer to the players, but it was still PI.

I don't think the Jets got screwed by the officials. For example, the Jets receiver (Hill) pushed off on a 2nd and 9 play in the 4th from the NE 38 and it was not called. 1st and 10 on the NE 22 is a lot different than 2nd and 29 from the NE 48. That drive led to a TD for the Jets and cut the lead to 3. On NE's very next possession, Lloyd pushes off just like Hill and it gets called this time. That was a drive killer. Those kind of things happen all of the time.

Getting screwed is what happened to GB against Seattle. That was a game ending bad call. Getting screwed is what happened to Mia against Pitt a couple of years ago. That is a game ending bad call.

The clock play and the PI call were the correct calls, but even if they were not, I don't call that getting screwed. Neither of those things would have ended the game. The Jets had the ball on the NE 18 (tie game) with 2:01 left. What more can you ask for. Get a first down and the game is over. They had a chance to keep the game going in OT with just a FG, but fumbled the ball away. Even if NE had not kicked the FG (from the PI call drive), they would have been in FG range after the Jets fumble and would have kicked the game winner. The Jets had plenty of chances and can only blame themselves for the loss.

Back
Top Bottom