Gotta be honest..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta be honest.....

I don't think the Jets are playing for FGs, but rather the bad play calling and execution are leading to more FG attempts. Why the Jets threw a slant to Schillens on 3rd and 1 or 2 against NE, I have no idea. The amount of FGs Miami has attempted is meaningless since the Jets have a higher RZ scoring attempt %, while having a slightly lower actual RZ scoring % than Miami. If you are comparing your O to a Dolphins O (and are worse) lead by a rookie head coach, and a rookie QB who has less than stellar receivers to throw to, you know your O has problems.

I think my post with my thoughts on the bad calls got buried on page 1, so I am posting my own quote below.

your rookie QB is playing in the same system he played in at A&M, neither of us have a ton of talent on O but your run game is better and we were decimated by injury most of this season.

we got screwed w/ the clock, Stevie wonder could see it. I posted the video, I don't kow what you were watching but it was a different play.

your rookie QB is playing in the same system he played in at A&M, neither of us have a ton of talent on O but your run game is better and we were decimated by injury most of this season.

we got screwed w/ the clock, Stevie wonder could see it. I posted the video, I don't kow what you were watching but it was a different play.

Your QB is in his 4th year in the NFL. If he was anything close to what you always claim he is, that alone should give your offense a huge advantage. There are no excuses. You shouldn't be comparing your offense to one that is led by a rookie with as little experience in college (let alone the NFL) as Tannehill.

I'm watching the right play. The clock starts when it is supposed to. That is not even debatable. You can clearly see that it changes from 2:06 to 2:05 right before he crosses the 5 yard line. Watch any kickoff return and you will see it usually takes a second before the returner crosses the 5 yard line.

The Jets recovered the ball at the 2:02 mark

clear.gif

He was touched down at 2:01.

clear.gif

That is when the clock should stop. If you watch the video and time it, you can clearly see that he has possession and is being touched by a NE player before the clock should go to 2:00. Whining about this is silly. If your team can't win the game when they are given the ball on the opponents 18 yard line (with the score tied) with 2:01 seconds left in the game, they don't deserve to win.

Your QB is in his 4th year in the NFL. If he was anything close to what you always claim he is, that alone should give your offense a huge advantage. There are no excuses. You shouldn't be comparing your offense to one that is led by a rookie with as little experience in college (let alone the NFL) as Tannehill.

I'm watching the right play. The clock starts when it is supposed to. That is not even debatable. You can clearly see that it changes from 2:06 to 2:05 right before he crosses the 5 yard line. Watch any kickoff return and you will see it usually takes a second before the returner crosses the 5 yard line.

clear.gif

clear.gif

That is when the clock should stop. If you watch the video and time it, you can clearly see that he has possession and is being touched by a NE player before the clock should go to 2:00. Whining about this is silly. If your team can't win the game when they are given the ball on the opponents 18 yard line (with the score tied) with 2:01 seconds left in the game, they don't deserve to win.

Once touched at 2:01, ref has to clearly see that the defender take control of the ball, and then be touched. Watch the play, not the pics. The ref blew the whistle ATLEAST 2 seconds after the clock had stopped. The clock can not stop until the refs blow the whistle. Watch the play again and prove me wrong.

The PI call was BS. Hernandez didn't even look for a flag until it was thrown from a far. There were 5-6 Pats player on the sideline right there. None begged for a flag. One of their assistants saw the flag from a far and started pointing at it. If players get interfered, they scream for flag especially when the guy next to you doesn't throw it. Its not rocket science. As for the non-call on Hill, he didn't push off. The defender put his hands on Hill's chest and Hill shoved off his hand from his chest. If anything, that should have been a holding call on the D since it was beyond 5 yards. You can not put ur hands on the receiver and slow him down. You can put ur hands on the receiver as long as you are not slowing him down. When the WR is running directly at you and you put a hand on his chest, Im pretty sure you just slowed down his speed, even if it was marginal. Either way, it was a good no call.

However, bad officiating is part of the game. When you are on the receiving end of it, you feel terrible. When you are on the other end of it, you generally don't even notice is. Jets had their chances of winning the game, but bad play calling on that 3rd & 1 slant to Schillen, and soft play calling after the fumble recovery is what cost the Jets the game. I think Jets should have tried to punch it in for a TD on that slant to Schillen. They didn't. On 4th and 1, they should have gone for it. You don't get many opportunities to beat the Pats so make full use of it.

Lets hope officials don't make any bad calls in the next game so no one can play the blame game. Ive been very surprised by Miami's play so far this season. I didn't think they would be a 3-3 team thus far.

Once touched at 2:01, ref has to clearly see that the defender take control of the ball, and then be touched. Watch the play, not the pics. The ref blew the whistle ATLEAST 2 seconds after the clock had stopped. The clock can not stop until the refs blow the whistle. Watch the play again and prove me wrong.

How do you know exactly when the clocked stopped? We don't get to see the tenths of the second like we do in the NBA. From the time the clock hits 2:01, you still have 10-tenths of a second before it changes to 2:00.

The clock is not supposed to start until the player enters the field of play. If you get a stop watch and start it when he crosses the goal line and stop it when you hear the actual whistle, I get 6.3 seconds. We are talking about 4 -tenths of a second (5.9 seconds) for the game clock to still read 2:01. Remember, 4-tenths of a second.

The game clock operator shall stop the game clock (timeout) upon a signal by any official or upon the operator’s own positive
knowledge:

Signaling does not mean hearing the whistle. If you watch the video closely, you can see the official come in to the bottom left screen waving his arms up (and on the way down) before you hear the whistle blow. We don't know exactly when he started waving his arms, but you can clearly tell that he is waving his arms before you hear the whistle blow. Watch the video closely and let me know how much time you think passes from the time he starts to wave his arms until you hear the whistle. 2-tenths of a second? 3? Remember we are talking about 4 - tenths of a second difference for the clock to read 2:01 instead of 2:00. That is from the time he enters the field of play to when we actually hear the whistle blow, and not from the time he started waving his arms (which we are not certain of, but know it happened before he blew the whistle) . I personally think you can clearly tell who has possession long before you hear the whistle blow, but we are talking about 4- tenths of a second from the time you actually hear the whistle. Here is a screen shot at 5.5 seconds:

clear.gif

I don't think it is out of the question to assume that the official could have determined possession and was waving his arms 4 or 5 tenths of a second before you hear the whistle. When you are dealing with tenths of a second, I think it is silly to say the Jets got screwed. Just watch the play and you can clearly determine yourself who has possession and is touched down before you hear the actual whistle. It is very reasonable to believe that the clock should have stopped at 2:01.

The PI call was BS. Hernandez didn't even look for a flag until it was thrown from a far. There were 5-6 Pats player on the sideline right there. None begged for a flag. One of their assistants saw the flag from a far and started pointing at it. If players get interfered, they scream for flag especially when the guy next to you doesn't throw it. Its not rocket science.

I think you have been watching Holmes play too much. He begs for a flag even when he is not interfered with. :lol: Not every player complains when they are interfered with. I don't know what you are talking about with the players on the sideline because several of the players were upset that the flag was not thrown sooner. Jim Nantz even made a comment about it during the game. It was clearly PI as Wilson is pulling on Hernandez as he is trying to come back to the ball. Even Junc will tell you that was PI.

As for the non-call on Hill, he didn't push off. The defender put his hands on Hill's chest and Hill shoved off his hand from his chest. If anything, that should have been a holding call on the D since it was beyond 5 yards. You can not put ur hands on the receiver and slow him down. You can put ur hands on the receiver as long as you are not slowing him down. When the WR is running directly at you and you put a hand on his chest, Im pretty sure you just slowed down his speed, even if it was marginal. Either way, it was a good no call.

I completely disagree. The play was very similar to the Lloyd push off that got called. It should have been called.

However, bad officiating is part of the game. When you are on the receiving end of it, you feel terrible. When you are on the other end of it, you generally don't even notice is. Jets had their chances of winning the game, but bad play calling on that 3rd & 1 slant to Schillen, and soft play calling after the fumble recovery is what cost the Jets the game. I think Jets should have tried to punch it in for a TD on that slant to Schillen. They didn't. On 4th and 1, they should have gone for it. You don't get many opportunities to beat the Pats so make full use of it.

Lets hope officials don't make any bad calls in the next game so no one can play the blame game. Ive been very surprised by Miami's play so far this season. I didn't think they would be a 3-3 team thus far.

That is something we both can agree on.

you know our kickers this year have attempted the same # of FGs, right? except we have played 1 more game so you are attempting more per game.

Yeah I know the Fins are not as good as the jests, but lets face it pats played like **** and you couldn't beat them, both teams looked like ****.
The only reason why you felt good about sanchez is because of how bad the pats D is, you guys are ****ed.

Speaking of field goals. Yes we've played one less
game than you, but don't forget you played one game where you didn't even get to attempt a single one. So once again, your stats that you always bring up but claim aren't important are skewed

clear.gif

clear.gif

he doesn't have control of it at 2:02 and he's still rolling at 2:01, that was the fastest stopping of a clock in league history. It was 100% BS but it's not why we lost.

Speaking of field goals. Yes we've played one less
game than you, but don't forget you played one game where you didn't even get to attempt a single one. So once again, your stats that you always bring up but claim aren't important are skewed

so we played a full game and didn't attempt a FG, how does that help your argument? we played 7 games and attempted 11 FGs, you played 6 and attempted 11 FGs.

You played an entire game and didn't sniff the redzone. That's the definition of pathetic.

he doesn't have control of it at 2:02 and he's still rolling at 2:01, that was the fastest stopping of a clock in league history. It was 100% BS but it's not why we lost.

Read post # 19 on page 2. Even if he is still rolling at 2:01, he still has 10-tenths before the clock reads 2:00. He was touched down as soon as the clock changed to 2:01, so the official had nearly a full second to determine possession after he was touched down with the ball. I believe you can clearly tell he had possession within the 2:02 mark. Can you tell he has possession in this photo?

clear.gif

That is right before the clock changes to 2:01, so you still have another second to determine possession after the above photo. Here is another one that is at the 2:01 mark, but remember, all 10-tenths of the second need to go by before the clock will read 2:00 and the photo below is still within that time frame :

clear.gif

it's not possible for a person to react to stopping a clokc that quickly for it to stop w/ 2:01 to play. It was shady, you know it and everyone knows it.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

You played an entire game and didn't sniff the redzone. That's the definition of pathetic.

you scored 3 pts against Houston, was that much better? we were actually in our game in the 3rd qtr, you weren't.

you scored 3 pts against Houston, was that much better? we were actually in our game in the 3rd qtr, you weren't.

Yes, it is better.

You can also attribute our problems to a rookie QB's first game in the NFL and an entire new coaching staff.

Whats your excuse?

Yes, it is better.

You can also attribute our problems to a rookie QB's first game in the NFL and an entire new coaching staff.

Whats your excuse?

but that rookie was in the same system he played in at A&M which was a HUGE advantage for him. Mark's first game he was excellent playing in the same building.

it's not possible for a person to react to stopping a clokc that quickly for it to stop w/ 2:01 to play. It was shady, you know it and everyone knows it.

The entire play from the time he enters the field of play to the time the whistle blows in only 6.3 seconds. That is 4-tenths of a second away from the clock reading 2:01. Watch the video and you will see that the official is waving his arms before you hear the whistle blow. We have no clue how long the official started waving his arms before the whistle blew. You can see in the pictures in my last post above that he clearly has possession at 2:02. Are you are saying that it is impossible for the official to start waving his arms, and the game clock operator to stop the clock within a full second after that? There is more than enough evidence to say that he reasonably could have. The NFL thought so as well.

How do you know exactly when the clocked stopped? We don't get to see the tenths of the second like we do in the NBA. From the time the clock hits 2:01, you still have 10-tenths of a second before it changes to 2:00.

Because the clock stopped at 2:01 and the ref blew the whistle 2-3 seconds after that. Watch the play and HEAR the whistle.

The clock is not supposed to start until the player enters the field of play. If you get a stop watch and start it when he crosses the goal line and stop it when you hear the actual whistle, I get 6.3 seconds. We are talking about 4 -tenths of a second (5.9 seconds) for the game clock to still read 2:01. Remember, 4-tenths of a second.

First off, Im not even talking about when the clock starts. It started at the right time, when the player came out of the EZ. Secondly, we are not discussing how long the play took. We are discussing when the refs blew the whistle to call the play dead. The clock stops only when refs blow the whistle. Thirdly, you don't know if the kicking team made a clean recovery for him to be called down at contact. Exactly why the ref took 2-3 seconds before making the call and blowing the whistle.

Signaling does not mean hearing the whistle. If you watch the video closely, you can see the official come in to the bottom left screen waving his arms up (and on the way down) before you hear the whistle blow. We don't know exactly when he started waving his arms, but you can clearly tell that he is waving his arms before you hear the whistle blow. Watch the video closely and let me know how much time you think passes from the time he starts to wave his arms until you hear the whistle. 2-tenths of a second? 3? Remember we are talking about 4 - tenths of a second difference for the clock to read 2:01 instead of 2:00. That is from the time he enters the field of play to when we actually hear the whistle blow, and not from the time he started waving his arms (which we are not certain of, but know it happened before he blew the whistle) . I personally think you can clearly tell who has possession long before you hear the whistle blow, but we are talking about 4- tenths of a second from the time you actually hear the whistle. Here is a screen shot at 5.5 seconds:

Again, you are trying to twist my words. The clock stops when ref blows the whistle. In this play, the clock stopped way before that. Im not talking to you about tenths of seconds and all that bs. Im not even talking about a split second hered. You can hear the whistle very cleanly and it comes about 2-3 seconds after the clock had stopped. You can argue the clock has to go the entire one second before it can drop to 2:00, but Im talking about 2-3 seconds, not a split second.

I don't think it is out of the question to assume that the official could have determined possession and was waving his arms 4 or 5 tenths of a second before you hear the whistle. When you are dealing with tenths of a second, I think it is silly to say the Jets got screwed. Just watch the play and you can clearly determine yourself who has possession and is touched down before you hear the actual whistle. It is very reasonable to believe that the clock should have stopped at 2:01.

Again, the clock stops when the whistle is blown. The ref waving his hand and blowing is whistle is almost simultaneous. Almost. But that is irrelevant.

I think you have been watching Holmes play too much. He begs for a flag even when he is not interfered with. :lol: Not every player complains when they are interfered with. I don't know what you are talking about with the players on the sideline because several of the players were upset that the flag was not thrown sooner. Jim Nantz even made a comment about it during the game. It was clearly PI as Wilson is pulling on Hernandez as he is trying to come back to the ball. Even Junc will tell you that was PI.

A few plays later, Hernandez was begging for a PI call. Same WR, same CB, and probably the same ref he was shouting at that gave the PI call earlier. Maybe not all players beg for a PI, but Im sure when its 3rd down and in OT, you are interfered with, you look for a flag and try to make ur case. I know Hernandez did later on.

Same system or not, he was a rookie in the nfl. Growing pains.

the 2009 Texans are not even close to the team they are this year an neither is the jets defense close this year to what they were in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom