Grading Tuna, Ireland and Sparano | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading Tuna, Ireland and Sparano

MisiDressing

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Tuna

Grade dependent on Ireland/Sparano and discounted from there for being a quitter.

Ireland

-Drafted franchise LT Jake Long but at the cost of franchise QB Matt Ryan.
-Good picks included DE Kendal Langford and QB Chad Henne.
-Major FA signing was injury prone OG Justin Smiley who proved to be....injury prone.
-FA signings also included bust WR Ernest Wilford.

-Drafted francise CB Vontae Davis.
-Drafted bust QB Pat White in the early 2nd round and bust WR Patrick Turner in the 3rd round.
-Drafted WR Brian Hartline in round 4 (good value).
-Major FA signing was injury prone C Jake Grove who prove to be....injury prone.
-Traded away C Samson Satele who continues to play very well for the Raiders.
-FA signings also included OLB Cam Wake from the CFL (major steal) and bust FA CB Eric Green.

-Calls Dez Bryant's mom a prostitute instead of just drafting him. Dez Bryant already an elite WR1 and RS.
-Trades down and drafts injury prone DE Jared Odrick (had history of leg problems) who proves to be....IR'd.
-Uses acquired 2nd round pick on OLB Koa Misi who seems just average thus far.
-Other picks contributing include OG John Jerry and FS Rashad Jones.
-Major FA signing ILB Karlos Dansby (credit goes more to ownership for spending what it took to sign him).
-Major trade for WR Brandon Marshall (cost was 2 second round picks).

Overall, not sure positives outweigh passing on Matty Ice and Dez Bryant while still leaving us with holes on the OL, STs and defense (not to mention no talent at RB for the future).

Sparano

Overall, likable guy but can't accept STs disasterous play for the last 3 years, horrible offensive play calling (hate play action on 3rd and longs) and worst of all....our OL is still a mess after his 3 year tenure and he's an OL guy.

Grade

C-

we were heading the right direction until they gutted the interior o-line thereby ruining our power running game and turning us into a pass first team with dan henning as our coordinator...last night i was thinking maybe ireland should stay but now i'm leaning towards him going as well, he makes some really nice finds (wake, clemons, bess) but also whiffs too many times in big spots i feel...also the FA signing track record of this FO has been horrendous outside of the dansby signing, ross please clean house

Objectively & thoughtfully ... as there are ALOT worse in the NFL ... been thinking about this since Tuna abandoned ship.

Tuna C ... we've come along way, but aren't even at the halfway to our destination .... trip not as planned or advertised
Sparano B- ... he doesn't have the greatest groceries to cook with, OR a Chef/QB
Ireland C ... done a solid job & many have done worse ... but the NFL will NOT be beating a path to his door

I do NOT project the future as a Nostra-Dumbaz ... but have an Important observation on Human Behavior to watch for ....
I expect Ireland & Sparano to do some surprising stuff now that Tuna is gone. I'll be watching!!!

Look at all the Jr. politicians or Jr. executives who followed great leaders ... they say they will continue the SAME game plan ... ONCE THEY TOOK POWER, their true personalities & strategies came out, sometimes appearing to swerve 180 degrees!!! i.e. Reagan campaigned to cut taxes & had a huge tax/military buildup ... WalMart's Glass filled the store with chinese crap (Sam was a made in US patriot)

Matt Ryan is one of the NFL's best young QBs. I'm sorry but that trumps Jake Long.

And by the way, ATL also drafted a very, very good LT named Sam Baker in the early 2nd round of that same draft. So we could've had Ryan and Baker instead of Long and Merling.

I know Jake Long is a great player but again, franchise QB > franchise LT.

If you don't agree, then just let me know while you're watching the Falcons in the playoffs this year.

you can not actually think we were better off 3 years ago.... if so you are a moron

He said "NOT APPRECIABLY" better...and quite frankly...we didn't look "APPRECIABLY" better last night...

you can not actually think we were better off 3 years ago.... if so you are a moron

No we're better than 3 years ago. Cam Cameron was a joke of a HC and Mueller was an all-bust hall of fame GM.

Sparano is likable as a HC but there's no excuse for the OL, STs and the offensive play calling. Tuna/Ireland have at least gotten us a franchise LT, and franchise CB and some other good starters (Langford in particular) but I don't give them much credit for Marshall and Dansby b/c that's more about ownership being willing to spend the $.

And Tuna/Ireland are to blame for missing out on Matty Ice and Dez Bryant and for the multitude of big money FA busts (Smiley, Wilford, Grove, Green) and giving away Samson Satele for almost nothing.

Bottom line is the NFL is still about superstars at the QB position (see Brees, Manning, Brady, Big Ben winning SBs) and we're still searching after 3 years of this regime.

Tuna/Ireland let Matty Ice slip right by them.

And passing on Dez Bryant was also a huge mistake.

I expect Ireland & Sparano to do some surprising stuff now that Tuna is gone. I'll be watching!!!

By surprising if you mean leaving a third string QB "hung out to dry" with
a decimated offensive line providing NO PASS PROTECTION while rushing 7 times in one game

Allowing Henning to continue to put nails in the individual coffins of
both Ireland and Sparano and NOT make any changes whatsoever.

Saying we are going to be a"running team first" for over a month now and doing nothing to
solve the problem of "TEFLON HENNING" AND HIS IDIOTIC PLAY CALLING

FOR NEVER accepting responsibility for anything wrong with this team

You may be surprised but I will not fall for this poor excuse of a football regime

He said "NOT APPRECIABLY" better...and quite frankly...we didn't look "APPRECIABLY" better last night...

Correct that he was correct. I actually think that the Cleo Lemon-led team that won our only game in 2007 could've beaten this team from last night.

Man I can't believe I miss Miss Cleo. :lol:

F- For ****ing Failure!

Parcells is a fat ****ing NFL mercenary **** sucker that sells desperate fan bases on false hopes, but delivers mediocrity!

Morano is a fist pumping *** hand puppet with a NFL resume about as impressive as Mike Tice, but not as good!

Ireland is a ego maniac that spits off but has never and will never produce a winner. The only thing he knows how to do is dig through the Cowboys garbage!

The majority of their drafts suck! The majority of their free agents suck! People on this board think everything in a Dolphins helmet is talent. When in reality it is mediocre corn fed crap!

By surprising if you mean leaving a third string QB "hung out to dry" with
a decimated offensive line providing NO PASS PROTECTION while rushing 7 times in one game

Allowing Henning to continue to put nails in the individual coffins of
both Ireland and Sparano and NOT make any changes whatsoever.

Saying we are going to be a"running team first" for over a month now and doing nothing to
solve the problem of "TEFLON HENNING" AND HIS IDIOTIC PLAY CALLING

FOR NEVER accepting responsibility for anything wrong with this team

You may be surprised but I will not fall for this poor excuse of a football regime

And you know what else pisses me off about this regime - THE MIXED SIGNALS.

First they're supposed to be all about the high character guys but then they trade for Marshall and sign Incognito.

Then they give huge money to Smiley and Grove despite them being injury prone and then when they prove to be injury prone, they cut them for being.....surprise.....injury prone.

Then they award Jason Allen the starting CB job but by week 9 he's flat out cut meaning he's worse than our CB5?!?!?

And they start the season by endorsing Henne and then pull the plug on him just for having a bad game against BAL?!?!? And wreck his confidence and the team's confidence in him just to name Chad "Glass Shoulder" Pennington the starter!?!??

Also, we have HORRIBLE STs with NOBODY who can return and we pass on Dez friggin Bryant!!!! We could've had a GREAT returner and an ELITE WR opposite Marshall but instead we trade down to add yet another 3-4 DE - the ONLY position where we actually had depth (Langford, Merling, McDaniel, Starks).

I just don't get these guys - and I don't think the players do either.

F- For ****ing Failure!

Parcells is a fat ****ing NFL mercenary **** sucker that sells desperate fan bases on false hopes, but delivers mediocrity!

Morano is a fist pumping *** hand puppet with a NFL resume about as impressive as Mike Tice, but not as good!

Ireland is a ego maniac that spits off but has never and will never produce a winner. The only thing he knows how to do is dig through the Cowboys garbage!

The majority of their drafts suck! The majority of their free agents suck! People on this board think everything in a Dolphins helmet is talent. When in reality it is mediocre corn fed crap!

Tell us how you really feel.

Back
Top Bottom