Grant...a bust? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grant...a bust?

Grant...a bust?

• Yes

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
A 6th round pick cannot be a bust. However, when you draft a player with a specific skill set such as blazing speed, he should be a role player with a well defined role taking advantage of said speed.
Grants designated role is as a returner with the threat of making a big play on special teams. He has one such play that I can recall and that was last season. He’s looked ordinary this season.
Easily replaceable IMO.
something tells me Bellicheat would find a way to use him...Gase puts me to sleep were so boring and predictable

A 6th round pick being described as a bust isn’t as insulting as say....a dion Jordan. He hasn’t shown anything in the return game and that is what leaves me a bit disappointed. Didn’t expect him to be a major offensive cog.

The coaches don’t trust him enough to give him more snaps as a WR, and he’s the kick returner on a team that has to be pretty damn close to the bottom of the league for starting field position. What’s the incentive to keep him?

So here are the 5 players selected before Grant: Tyrone Holmes,, Keenan Reynolds, Devante Boyd, Jerell Adams and DeAndre Houston-Carson.
And the 5 players selected after: Nate Sudfield, David Morgan, Anthony Brown, Josh Forrest and Jake Rudock.

Are there two players on that list that are clearly more impactfull than Grant? My point is Grant is on par or even more impactfull than most players selected in his range in 2016 so it's hard to call him a bust. If I had a choice of those 11 players today I would likely still take Grant.

Last edited:
He is not a bust...the play caller or OC is a bust for not spreading the opposing D out with 4 & 5 receiver sets...using him as a decoy...running jet sweeps.....other teams do it and are effective...we run the ball up the middle on 3rd and lond or 1st down over and over and....he gets no playing time (practically)...he has a strength you can't coach...SPEED...and it isn't being used to our advantage as a receiver or at least a decoy...."if you don't use it, you lose it"...it'snotlike giving him playing time is going to limit the "outstanding" play (sarcasm) of the rest of our guys

The only thing I don't like about him is him taking kicks out of the end zone every time when he barely makes it past touchback yardage.

I swear this never happens. Always seems to return it out to the 15..........then the holding penalty comes with it.

I swear this never happens. Always seems to return it out to the 15..........then the holding
penalty comes with it.

Seeing that other Dolphin returners do the same thing I tend to believe it's more following coaching orders than decision making. I actually see returners on a number of teams doing the same thing. I don't agree with a lot of the returns, but it seems like players are being told run it out when ever you get the chance. I doubt all these returners are blatently disregarding coaching orders and still have jobs.

Last edited:
He's a bust and its not even debatable. I call for cutting him during the preseason roster trim downs. The guy is fast but has no instincts.

No - There are very little expectations when you're drafted in day 290 of the draft.

That said, I believe that if the dolphins release him, he will not be a on team next year.

Anyone who is drafted and is not capable of playing in the NFL is a bust. I don't care if its 6th round or 1st round...if you cant play in the NFL, even as a backup, you are a bust period. Grant cant play in the NFL.

Just because he has speed doesn't mean he has talent. Other fast guys have come and gone (Yamon Figurs, Jeremy Bloom come to mind)

It's become more and more apparent the more we've seen him play that he doesn't have a place on an NFL roster, either as a receiver or returner, neither he's good at. I'd rather have Landry do kick returns.

To consider him a bust is a bit of a stretch though, as the only ones with that expectation are probably FinHeaveners who hyped him up to be the next big thing.

I don't know how you call a 6th rd pick a bust, but he has been underwhelming on kick returns. I do not know if that is because of him or the blocking has been bad. I think he could be utilized more on offense if Moore was the QB.

Back
Top Bottom