Great player with no common sense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great player with no common sense

Jaydog57

Crank Yanker
Reaction score
Got this clip off the link at ESPN.comNFL, regarding Ricky's 4 run-ins with local police in Miami: "Williams was stopped for a license plate tag violation on June 18, and was later handcuffed. Williams considered the response excessive. It was the fourth time he'd been questioned by the city's police force in the last several months.
However, two of those incidents, Fort Lauderdale police said Friday, involved officers alerting Williams that his garage door was left open after midnight with the keys left in the ignition to one of his vehicles."

LOL, hey Ricky, could you house sit for me while I go out of town and just make sure the doors are locked and the garage door is down? yeah, Right!
:lol: :lol:

He can play football great, which is the most important thing to a fan, he just sounds pretty damn irresponsible. Dude, remember to fasten your chinstrap!:goof:

Just something to think about... I'm sure Ricky has a huge house on a huge lot... with a huge fence all the way around it. So maybe leaving the garage door open isn't really that big of a deal for him. Especially when he has about 10 cars... and probably 10 garage doors to go with it. I know I would get sick of fumbling with 10 garage door openers all the time...

But, still it comes don to we don't know the facts or the circumstances... so we have no right to be commenting on any of it.

I don't think Ricky lacks common sense. I think it's more of a case of a young guy who's got money. So he's just lazy about certain things. He just doesn't sweat the small stuff. He figures, "I've got the money. So what the hell??".

I mean look at him. He doesn't cut his hair. His beard is starting to resemble that of Grizzly Adams. He's not a bad guy or a flake. He's just rich and doesn't care about the small stuff. And that leads to absent mindedness (garage door).

If I was rich, I'd be just like Ricky. Hell, I already let small stuff slide (like my insurance, traffic tickets). And I'm somewhat absent minded....because I'm so mellow. But I've got common sense. So my point is.....I am Ricky Williams' long lost little brother.

After watching MTV cribs with RW I came to a conclusion about RW. In New Orleans he has a awesome huge house, but he didn't live in it. He lived in an apartment above his garage. This shows me that he can not grasp the amount of wealth he has, or come to terms with it. A football player isn't like most people that get rich. He was born in to poverty and for the next 18 years all he sees is poverty, and then he doesn't ever prepare in school to deal with $, instead he leads a very shelterd life playing football all thru high school. No one cared if RW passed his buisness test, all they cared about is if he scored a TD on FRiday night. Then you throw millions of dollars at him and expect him to behave in proper mannor. Please the kid probably couldn't afford to get his drivers liscense when he hit 16 , but now you want him to be responable with his 10 cars he has. You can take someone out of their inviroment, but you can never take the inviroment out of them.

Ok,ok, jeez.....

I was merely stating that he seems a little irresponsible. It was Phins related so I posted it. As for him being the next Walter Payton or anything, I have given up my space on that bandwagon.:rolleyes: I think he will kick some ass this year though.:cool:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I didn't understand why he had 2 houses in NO.

Well, the Apartment he had was on BOURBON ST. I'm assuming since all the rumors were that he liked to party there a lot, that he kept an apartment there so he could crash there after a long night of partying without having to drive home. And, I assume that it makes it that much easier to get a woman up to your place, which can't be bad at all...;)

Originally posted by grooves12

Well, the Apartment he had was on BOURBON ST. I'm assuming since all the rumors were that he liked to party there a lot, that he kept an apartment there so he could crash there after a long night of partying without having to drive home. And, I assume that it makes it that much easier to get a woman up to your place, which can't be bad at all...;)

No his apt was on the same grounds of his house the he said he never used. It was above the garage. The point was that he couldn't come to terms with his wealth. The house was so different from what he was accustomed to growing up that it scared him enough to live in a smaller apt above his garage. Its like when you ask your self why the hell would the all pro o-lineman from the cowboys get arested twice for selling drugs dispite being a millionaire, or why does Snoop Dogg bother still pimping dispite all his wealth. It is because thats the behavior they are accustomed to. The main point is RW may never be a boy scout off the feild, but as long as he can run the football he will have time to try.

you are all making excuses for his bad behavior but not many other young, rich players act that way!

Kearse grew up in a much worse situation than RW and he has had no problems... he is a class guy and does a lot of charity work, IMO RW needs to grow up.... even if he is good on the field; that doesn't give him any right to act like an idiot off the field

(this will probably get deleted but oh well!)

Ricky does lots of charity work. Check out Ricky's website rickywilliamsfoundation.org You'll see what Ricky does.

I'm sorry, but Ricky DOES NOT behave badly off the field. He gets traffic tickets. Big freaking deal. That doesn't make him a bad person, even though you try to paint it that way.

Hey, you need to tend to your own website. I'm still kicking ass over there and nobody's stopping me. How often does a DOLFAN get props and acknowledgement from Bills fans about being correct in trash talk?? Not often. So you should be alarmed.

Ricky isn't like Ray Lewis or Travis Henry. The only things that Ricky gets in trouble with the cops is for his bad driving and leaving his garage door open.

he had consented sex with a minor. She was up for it, but it's still illegal

Originally posted by dolfan87
he had consented sex with a minor. She was up for it, but it's still illegal
Yeah, my Tennessee Volunteer friends still do the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" bit when I bring his name up.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom