Greatest Show On Turf? Possible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Show On Turf? Possible

Michael Morris

Active Roster
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the potential or any similarities to those Kurt Warner led Rams teams? Bruce, Holt, Haz-Akim, Faulk and we know that Cutler can also sling it all over the field like Warner could. That offense could go deep, short , and could run the ball with authority. No, i'm not comparing player to player on who was best but, i'm speaking similar offensive style and potential explosion. Like a pick your poison type of offense that can't be stopped.

Does anyone else see the potential or any similarities to those Kurt Warner led Rams teams? Bruce, Holt, Haz-Akim, Faulk and we know that Cutler can also sling it all over the field like Warner could. That offense could go deep, short , and could run the ball with authority. No, i'm not comparing player to player on who was best but, i'm speaking similar offensive style and potential explosion. Like a pick your poison type of offense that can't be stopped.
we got a tease, but I agree we have to better in the redzone. The pieces are there. Gase called a bad game, and that will be fixed.
they could put up 50 next week lol

Well... when you only score 1 TD... no
Not referring to the final scoring result. I'm talking how this team seems to have nothing lacking on offense, well maybe at guard to be explosive. This team showed during stretches yesterday and in the preseason that they can move the ball at will. No reason why this shouldn't be a 30 pts a game offense.

Maybe if you throw more than 5yds down field

I'd rather the offense remains competent and puts up 24 a game. I don't personally need them to set league records.

Not exactly the game to put this post out, but I get what you are saying. Let's look in a few weeks and see how Miami is trending and, specifically, if the offensive line stays healthy.

Nope. Biggest difference being RB. Marshall Faulk, along with being a very elusive runner, was also a fantastic receiver out of the backfield. Ajayi is a punishing runner but is average/below average as a pass catching back.

Warner was also a much more accurate passer than Cutler.

I don't need to repeat what others have said, but I'll add that there are a lot of teams that on paper you could ask whether they're like the greatest show on turf, i.e. good QB, RB and WR. Just a few that come to mind: Pittsburgh (Ben, Bell, Antonio Bryant); Cowboys (Prescott, Zeke, Dez, Witten best O-line in football); Oakland (Carr, Amari Cooper, Crabtree, Lynch, elite offensive line); and Falcons (Ryan, Freeman, Julio Jones).

And of course, the one team that could rival (and probably surpass) what the Rams did is still the Patriots, and so far as big names, it's really just the quarterback and the tight end. You put any of those other guys on the Dolphins, save for maybe Cooks, and they're just meh. In fact, we did have someone who is now part of Brady's current arsenal, and you only noticed him during Hard Knocks.

Back
Top Bottom