Greetings From Canada | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greetings From Canada

Migs

CFLzone.com
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My girlfriend and her family and I are heading down to Florida for Christmas and New Years and I just found out that we got 6 tickets in Sec 446 to the Dolphins/Jets game on the 25th. I can't explain to you all how excited I am to be going as it'll be my first time attending an NFL game. I have been going to CFL games for over 30 years and love it which is why I am anxious to experience your flavour of football LIVE.

:finfan72: So I am curious if some of you can give some advice to a first timer about things like when is the best time to show up at the stadium, where are the best tailgates, what are the best restaurants in the area, etc etc. Thanks in advance, this trip to Florida just got a whole lot better.
:dolphins:

I've never been to Miami so I can't really comment on your questions but ...

You really couldn't have picked a better game, Dolphins-Jets rivalry is a big one, not the biggest but pretty damn big, on Xmas day and could even have playoff implications depending on how things go from now until then ... oh yeah and you won't be freezing your butt off on Xmas day if that's your thing (I'm in San Diego so it doesn't get too cold here either, not Miami, but not Canada either!)

This is not really the right forum but as a friendly gesture to a fellow Football site we will leave it on the Main Forum for awhile to get some responses.

CrunchTime said:
This is not really the right forum but as a friendly gesture to a fellow Football site we will leave it on the Main Forum for awhile to get some responses.
Thanks CT. I wasn't sure which forum to post this in but since its related to a Dolphins game I thought I would give it a shot and post it here. Thanks:finfan72:

jdang307 said:
I've never been to Miami so I can't really comment on your questions but ...

You really couldn't have picked a better game, Dolphins-Jets rivalry is a big one, not the biggest but pretty damn big, on Xmas day and could even have playoff implications depending on how things go from now until then ... oh yeah and you won't be freezing your butt off on Xmas day if that's your thing (I'm in San Diego so it doesn't get too cold here either, not Miami, but not Canada either!)
I hear ya. I was totally surprised that there were even tickets available for this game and to get 6 tickets all together just made my day. Methinks I am going to have a hard time sleeping this next few weeks in anticipation for the big game.:D

Well Ive been to two games.

We arrived pretty early....at least an hour and a half each time, had some subs and then watched the pre game stuff on the field.

I was at the Fins/Jets game last year and some of those New York fans are really loud and annoying :lol:

My advice would be get there too early rather than to late, traffic can be a little jammed so leave early and try to beat some of the rush.

Im sure other people can give you more details, but have a great time

i also scored tixs to this game, i would definatley suggest getting there early, big game, big rivals, national tv....good stuff, i cant wait

It really depends on what type of tailgating you plan on doing. If you are just going to arrive with food in hand, no prep need and want to walk around the area after eating... I would get there about 6ish. Game starts at 830. Tailgates are everywhere... food is everywhere... and unfortunately Jets fans will be too lol. They always have a large contingent there, and the fact that its Xmas, smack middle of winter break and vacations for NYers, expect it to be even more so than normal. There is so much to do as far as resturants and places to go in South FL I cant even begin to try and list them... Just go online and look up things to do in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask or IM me at Seminole51 on AOL. Cheers!

Hit Shulas

Get there at 5-6,a couple of hours or so to take it all in is good.

Get in the stadium early enough,you'll never know what will happen

Make a sign,a sign that has the network.They seem to show those over everything else unless it's a great sign.

Scream REALLY LOUD and have a BLAST! :)

If you can get a chant going I highly recommend"J-e-t-s suck suck suck"

:dolphins: I love to get there early as possible to soak up the atmosphere. A fun atmosphere with bands, the Dolphin cheerleaders, food and games. Kinda like a carnival. There are usually some free giveaways and raffles for Dolphin goodies too. You may even catch a former player outside. As far as restaurants Dan Marino has a restaurant in Coconut Grove. If you have time, check out the bars/ restaurants in Miami Beach, especially the Clevelander. Go Fins!!!!

By the way, check out my new daughter, the tiniest little new DOL-FAN!
<-------------------------------

Wow thanks alot for the advice you guys. Methinks we are going to get there atleast a couple hours early to take in the atmosphere and such. I just wish they sold Canadian beer at the game....lol. That said, if any of you are in Sec 446, Row 22....then come on by and say hello to the Hoser wearing a Saskatchewan Roughriders jersey:finfan72:

Migs said:
Hey everyone. My girlfriend and her family and I are heading down to Florida for Christmas and New Years and I just found out that we got 6 tickets in Sec 446 to the Dolphins/Jets game on the 25th. I can't explain to you all how excited I am to be going as it'll be my first time attending an NFL game. I have been going to CFL games for over 30 years and love it which is why I am anxious to experience your flavour of football LIVE.

:finfan72: So I am curious if some of you can give some advice to a first timer about things like when is the best time to show up at the stadium, where are the best tailgates, what are the best restaurants in the area, etc etc. Thanks in advance, this trip to Florida just got a whole lot better.
:dolphins:
Gates open at 9:00 i think. But that's for 1:00 games. Best restaraunts have to be in South Beach.Not sure what will be open on Christmas though....

Oh and as an aviation nut, I am curious if they usually have airforce flyovers before the games?

Go Fins Go!!!

sugarcane said:
Hit Shulas

Get there at 5-6,a couple of hours or so to take it all in is good.

Get in the stadium early enough,you'll never know what will happen

Make a sign,a sign that has the network.They seem to show those over everything else unless it's a great sign.

Scream REALLY LOUD and have a BLAST! :)

If you can get a chant going I highly recommend"J-e-t-s suck suck suck"
We'll definately be doing that. I am just glad the Dolphins aren't playing the Saints or else I wouldn't know what the hell to do:D

Back
Top Bottom