Greg jennings and brian hartline as starting wrs equals... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg jennings and brian hartline as starting wrs equals...

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
...same ole song. Same thing, same boring offense with no real deep threat with safeties and linebackers crowding the line of scrimmage. If you gonna go long you gotto go mike wallace. Miami needs to do what they haven't done before and that is to go out and pay big for big time player. That would change everything. Change like that commercial for ...oops! I forget what its for.

I agree, the only way that's an acceptable receiving corps is if Jennings can put his body in a time machine back to 2008 and Hartline gets a lot better at scoring and making plays after the catch... Neither of those things are happening.
We need to let Hartline walk, go hard after Wallace and sign Jennings as a fallback, then still draft a couple of receivers that will need to come in and contribute quickly. If our receiving corps can look something like Mike Wallace, Keenan Allen, Bess and Swope next year I will be a very happy fan.

. . . . will be an improvement over last year. Last year we had two possession WR's (Hartline & Bess), but no threat near the goal-line. Jennings will give us a TD threat, but we truly won't have a more complete offense until they get a true threat at TE. Teams figured out real fast that our WR's were not threats near the goal-line and concentrated on our TE and RB's. A threat at TE changes the WR dynamic just as much as bringing in Jennings or Wallace.

Except for the fact that Jennings played 8 games last year and scored 4 recieving TDs and Hartline played 16 and only scored 1.

Love Hartline, and I would rather have Wallace over Jennings but you're very wrong if you think Hartline and Jennings are the same

I'd be shocked if OP here is even close to correct. Greg Jennings is 3x the athlete Brian Hartline is. Greg Jennings can shake&bake, drive through, and run around most defensive backs in football. Brian Hartline can get tackled by a yardage marker, like, the painted field. Hartline's hands are good if the ball is thrown to him. He can't win jump balls and his YAC sucks.
I do like him for the right price though because he sync'd up with RT17 wonderfully.

Greg Jennings on crutches after his surgery trips over his feet less then Hartline!

I don't believe Fisi is saying that Hartline is as good as Jennings, but that Jennings won't provide the "change" in firepower on the O that Wallace will. Wallace can take a short pass and take it the distance, Wallace can cause the running lanes to open up due to FS moving over to help the CB sticking Wallace, Wallace can outrun everyone and catch a TD on the first play of the drive, Wallace changes our O. Jennings albeit a good all around player, keeps our O in more or less a 20 yard O with a better TD percentage. And I agree. With Jennings you still "must" draft Patterson or Austin. With Wallace you don't and you can settle for a Goodwin or Bailey and fill another need at 12 and 42.

I agree, the only way that's an acceptable receiving corps is if Jennings can put his body in a time machine back to 2008 and Hartline gets a lot better at scoring and making plays after the catch... Neither of those things are happening.
We need to let Hartline walk, go hard after Wallace and sign Jennings as a fallback, then still draft a couple of receivers that will need to come in and contribute quickly. If our receiving corps can look something like Mike Wallace, Keenan Allen, Bess and Swope next year I will be a very happy fan.

Is that you Matt Millen????????

Man, we better come up with a receiving group that scares people! IMO if it doesn't have the teeth to strike at any sec(Score TDs!) then I don't want it and its not freaking acceptable.

Hartline @best should be the 3rd receiver on your team...

You obviously have never seen Greg Jennings play before have you?

Apparently not.

Greg Jennings healthy no question I think we all pretty much agree here that he's damn good.
It's just a matter of his age/durability issues and the overprice we will surely have to pay for him.

Imho none of the FA wr's are what we need. They all are band aid's or cookie cutter/specific type of wr's.
Not at all what I'm looking for now that we finally have our franchise qb.

Draft is the way to solve our wr's. Get our franchise qb some franchise worthy targets.
There's no reason to overpay for aging/one-trick type of wr's.
Our franchise qb has only played one year, we need to get him the best possible targets, long term.

Overpaying for Wallace/Jennings will further drive us down the mediocrity path imo.

i agree with the OP that jennings doesnt do the things wallace does as far as speed and downfield routes is concerned... but i really don't think that that is what we're looking for or need. jennings knows the offense and is a good WC reciever even at 30 as long as he can stay healthy. id be happy with either receiver but i prefer jennings simply because hes a good locker room guy and can possibly teach the young guys how to be a pro. my dream offseason for the receiver position is to sign jennings, resign hartline and somehow draft patton if he falls to us at our first 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom