Greg Jennings Journey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Jennings Journey

fins_rock

Scout Team
Reaction score
I always thought Jennings was a good fit, but I really wanted Mike Wallace because of his speed/age. I watched this video(and many others) and now think we should sign Jennings hands down. We draft a receiver in the 1st rd and sign Jennings to mentor him and score a lot of TDs for us. Kinda like the Chris Carter Randy Moss situation Minnesota had. I don't care if the guy is 29-30, he's the best fit for our young QB, not Wallace.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d82427dc5/NFL-Films-Presents-Jennings-journey

The problem with this is that

a) Jennings is not the exact TYPE of WR we need, we need the 1, the Home Run guy, and

b) ireland isn't drafting that guy, or any other WR, in the first 3 rounds.

If we sign jennings we are doomed to the dink-and-dunk philosophy. We will have jennings and swope and NOTHING else. Watch.

great guy, worth signing just for the impact he will have on Tannehill (not to mention the receivers we draft)

What about signing Jennings and drafting C. Patterson WR Tennessee in the 1st RD? Or, I think De'Andre Hopkins from Clemson would be just as good. Either one of those guys in the 1st and sign Jennings. Our WR would be very much improved.

I am for: Signing Jennings, 1st RD WR, and Swooope, I love Swoope.

But, I disagree with the statement that Jennings is a dink and dunk receiver. He's far from it IMO, he's fast and I've never seen any player catch him.

a) Jennings is not the exact TYPE of WR we need, we need the 1, the Home Run guy, and

If we sign jennings we are doomed to the dink-and-dunk philosophy. We will have jennings and swope and NOTHING else. Watch.

sign Jennings,draft Patterson, Eifert or Ertz in 2nd and add either M.Wheaton in 3rd or M. Goodwin in 4th.This would potentially give us 3homerun hitters and a seem threat!I think R.Matthews will be ready to take the possesion receiver spot, thus opening up possible trading of Bess for say a 3rd or 4th pick and use that to shore up O-line.That leaves a 2nd a 3rd ,4th and 5th to fix our def.

Lol fail...

Were not signing a high end Wr and drafting one in the 1st - just ain't happening.

I'd even say that even if we don't sign a FA WR, were still not drafting a WR in the 1st - Philbin made it his business of developing WRs that were drafted in the 2-4 rounds.

NONE of this helps us w/the main task, which is beating N.E., and that means dealing w/TOMMY BOY. Anything else relegates MIAMI to "second best"..."also-rans". I've had enough of THAT. MIAMI needs a pass-rusher or two, otherwise WAKE's impact is lessened. Where have you gone, Joe DiMag...oops...I meant to say JASON TAYLOR. Remember JT/ARMSTRONG? Seen many COLTS games? Pressure from BOTH sides is a QB's worst nightmare. So let's get WAKE some help on the other side, and see how TOMMY BOY handles pressure from both sides along w/a push up the middle leaving no "pocket" to step up into!!

I'd try to sign BOTH JENNINGS and WALLACE, and re-sign STARKS, CLEMONS, SMITH, HARTLINE and BUSH. I'd play ODRICK at the DT position, where he belongs, and cut McDANIELS, CARPENTER, MARSHALL and PATTERSON (for starters), saving c.$14.5 Million cap $$$. Along w/a couple more cuts and restructuring some of our "fat cats", i/m/o MIAMI could be at/over $65 Million in "capspace" w/little-to-no trouble at all.

This year's Draft class isn't a good one for WRs, but it's a very good one for pass-rushing DEs and OLBs. So I would draft at least 2 pass-rushing DEs, and I'd use our 1st and earliest 2nd to do it. I'd look to move up w/that earlier 2d by offering any/all of our later 3rd, 4th and 5th Round Picks as "trade bait". The later 2d is reserved for a T, and our earlier 3rd is RAMBO. Any picks NOT used to move up are reserved for a CB. Lastly, our 7th and any "compensatory" pick are for "flyers", as Coach PHILBIN and IRELAND see fit.

I would NOT trade down from #12. And I won't be re-signing J LONG.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ideal WR group would be Jennings, C. Patterson, and Stedman Bailey, with Bess and whoever our #5 is....I think we will let Hartline go. I also like Wallace and if he doesn't ask for more than $10-$11 million I think you give him a look but I don't want to get into a bidding war for him.

Great guy, great morals and work ethic. Even if he has only two good seasons left in him it would be a great addition. Help Tannehill, help young WR's. WIN WIN

Back
Top Bottom