Guess what? Hey it's a TEBOW thread!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess what? Hey it's a TEBOW thread!!!!

Would you accept a Trade for Tebow to be MIAMI QB?

• Total voters
NO

Joke factor aside, I'd rather have Tebow. Gabbert is the worst QB in the NFL.

Amazing that John Elway pulled another 4th quarter nail bitter over Dan Marino and neither players are playing at this juncture.

I wish that Dan Marino would at least be open to come on to the Dolphins as a QB coach, which may attract some young players to come to this team.

Dan Marino has a great QB and football mind, and its a shame he doesn't give or share some of that talent and help the Dolphins organization, who in turn both gave he so much, yet treated him horribly when Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt destroyed this team.

It would be a great story line.

I'd love to see Dan Marino get a Super Bowl ring, even if its in another capacity, with the Dolphins.

d-1

Just stop already.

Why Trading For Tebow Would Be A Disaster

The buzz has already begun. It's being reported that Tim Tebow will be shopped as the Broncos bring in Peyton Manning. Despite leading the Broncos to the AFC Divisional round, Denver has decided to move on, and will very likely win that weak division again. Will Tebow put more butts in the seats? Probably. Will the Dolphins become relevant? Of course. But I want to give my two cents on why going after Tebow would be an awful idea.

1. He doesn't fit Joe Phibin's offensive philosophy - Philbin has made it very clear he wants to run a variation of the west coast offense. This requires a quarterback who can make precise, accurate throws. Tim Tebow is not capable of stretching out a defense. He is one of the least accurate quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. The man completed 46.5% of his passes in 2011. You want to kill a drive? Throw the ball at the receiver's feet on third down. Football wise, this is a God-awful fit. Jim Harbaugh ran a sort of west coast offense in 2011 with Alex Smith, and boy did he thrive. Smith isn't an overwhelming presence, but when you ask him to make the simple throw, and not do too much, he can do it. Tebow is constantly trying to wing it, and this will hurt the offense.

2. It reeks of desperation by Mr. Stephen Ross - I know many of us Dol-fans have not forgotten about the embarrassment that was Gator Appreciation Day. While Tebow fans rejoiced, the Fins were left scratching their heads, wondering how they managed to blow a 15 point lead (Cough, Nolan, Cough). It was at the point that Ross made it clear he was willing to do anything to sell tickets, even if it meant completely angering the entire fanbase. What would a Tebow trade do? It would bring in a flood of Gator fans, and leave an alienated Miami Dolphins fanbase fuming. Again, Philbin would absolutely not want Tim Tebow for his offense. If we were to sign him, it would be clear this move was all Ross, and we officially have a major disconnect between Ireland, Philbin, and our owner. That is not the recipe for success.

3. There is a Difference between team relevancy, and a major distraction - I found myself watching the complete debacle that was Tim Tebow's performance versus our rival New England Patriots, like any other football fan was that day. As I watching, I noticed a Focus on the Family ad come on. As we know, Tim Tebow has worked with them in the past, an organization that is strongly anti Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender, and is very much against pro choicers. Like many NFL fans, at this point I'm completely sick of Tebowmania, to the point that I was rooting for the Pats to win. Tim Tebow's faith is a major distraction, not only on the field, but off the fied at this point. Whether Tim Tebow means to be a distraction or not, he is one. We will go from loveable loser, to absolutely annoying Tebowmania losers. We are Dolphins fans, not Tim Tebow fans.

These are the three main problems I have with making a move for Tebow, but I'm sure I could think of countless others. I love this team, and I don't want to see it get swallowed up by the frenzy that is Tebowmania. Mr. Ross, if you're really adamant about making a move at QB, either sign a Garrard, or a Smith, or draft someone. Please don't bring someone in, who is not a good fit at all in so many ways.

mark schlereth after he watched tebow in practice in broncos camp..."are you sure you're left handed??? that's how bad it was"

Philbin has my blessings to resign if Tebow is forced upon him. Tebow is without a doubt one of the least likely qbs to run a west coast offense, which relies on accuracy, timing, etc. Getting Tebow would be proof that this organization is even worse than the media says they are. Absolute baffoonary.

Back
Top Bottom